• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UF to emulate A&M and Mizzou?

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban is going to frown upon this. :tsk:

Saban%2Bscreaming.jpg

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
77-0, couldn't even stop the OU offense when they were being told what play was going to be run...that must still hurt.

speaking of 5 years ago :lame:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with that over exaggerated statement.. they have done decent against SOME sec defenses but are not raping anyone except for those few teams that didn't have a good team to begin with and yes I am including Florida in that particular group THIS season

I wouldn't say it was over exaggerated at all:

vs. Bama - 628 yds and 42 pts
vs. Arkansas - 523 yds and 45 pts.
vs. Ole Miss - 587 yds and 41 pts.
vs. Auburn - 602 yds and 41 pts
vs. Vandy - 558 yds and 56 pts.
vs. Miss St. - 537 yds and 51 pts.
vs. LSU - 299 yds and 10 pts.
vs. Mizzou - 379 yds and 21 pts.

I guess team sec can ride LSU's nuts and say A&M didn't r*pe all their defenses. :noidea:

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Meyer didn't exactly run a pro style offense. You have to figure anything is a step up from last year

He had Tebow. Whaddya expect?

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think lost in all this is that LSU has the game plan in place to show how to slow down spread teams. They have done it over and over and over again. Problem is, it isn't scheme, it's matching athletes on the outside and pressing them. Not many teams can do that and not get burned.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are gettting desperate

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is where the whole UF nightmare comes full circle to anyone who’s been paying attention:

Urban Meyer sets up the spread offense and it’s executed quite well for his first few years. But then he gets “sick” and decides he doesn’t want to put any effort into recruit for said offense. Tell me that recruiting elite offensive players to UF from 2006 - 2009 wasn’t the easiest fucking job in the world. We should have been swatting 4 star recruits off the windows at that point. But Urban was a sorry fuck and had already decided he was leaving ( probably because the heat was on for his player’s arrest records, etc). But then he hesitates and decides to stay for one more year after “quitting” for one day. What a fucking asshole. Will never be forgiven. Any decent recruit had to look at that and think the man was unstable.

So that asshole takes off, and our dickhead AD Jeremy Foley goes out and hires a “head coach in waiting” to fill the void. WTF? UF is no place for someone who hasn’t been a head ball coach before. So we bring in this Neanderthal and he decides to immediately switch the offense entirely from the spread to the Pro-Style or better yet, 1.5 yds and a cloud of dust. What a douchetard. We’ve all seen how well that’s worked out. So now after floundering around for 3 years (and getting very lucky in year 2), this Special Olympian decides to switch to, you guessed it folks, the spread offense!

Jeremy Foley, not only should you be fired, but your balls should be lopped off with bolt cutters. You are one stupid motherfucker. I don’t see this train wreck ending for another two or three years minimum.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fc85535_oh_he_mad.jpg

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially since Charlie Strong should be the HBC at UF.

It is ironic your old DC is our head coach and ours is yours. Hopefully it works out for us differently than it did for you. Although I think Muschamp could still win at UF. He just should have gotten his head coach growing pains out somewhere else. He is a talented defensive coach no doubt.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is ironic your old DC is our head coach and ours is yours. Hopefully it works out for us differently than it did for you. Although I think Muschamp could still win at UF. He just should have gotten his head coach growing pains out somewhere else. He is a talented defensive coach no doubt.

I agree with most of this, however I just don’t think Muschamp will win at UF. He’s a great DC for sure, but he should have taken a mid-tier job as his first head coaching position. UF was just too much for him. Charlie Strong is awesome and will do great for you guys. Jelly......

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of this, however I just don’t think Muschamp will win at UF. He’s a great DC for sure, but he should have taken a mid-tier job as his first head coaching position. UF was just too much for him. Charlie Strong is awesome and will do great for you guys. Jelly......

Huh? Muschamp went 11-2 and took UF to a BCS bowl in his 1st year. Sure, last year was bad, but Muschamp has already proven he can win at UF. He just needs a good OC, maybe the new one will be just what UF needs to get back to ruling the SEC East.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? Muschamp went 11-2 and took UF to a BCS bowl in his 1st year. Sure, last year was bad, but Muschamp has already proven he can win at UF. He just needs a good OC, maybe the new one will be just what UF needs to get back to ruling the SEC East.

2nd year.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, but we always heard how Big 12 offenses wouldn't last if they played in the SEC. Well, Aggy and MIZZOU are raping SEC defenses mercilessly.

Absolutely. The SEC fans that used to say the Big 12 didn't have any defenses are getting ready to find out how effective these offenses can be if they haven't already with ATM and Mizzou. All you need is a decent qb. He doesn't even have to be great, just decent.