• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UDFAs

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- The Detroit Lions have signed former UCLA tight end Joseph Fauria.
Fauria scored12 touchdowns last season and 20 in three seasons with the Bruins.
Detroit also signed Ohio center Skyler Allen, East Carolina defensive tackle Michael Brooks, Ball State offensive tackle Austin Holtz, Appalachian State running back Steven Miller and Texas Tech offensive tackle LaAdrian Waddle.
The Lions will host their rookies, including their top pick, BYU defensive end Ziggy Ansah, for a minicamp next weekend.
The team announced the signings Friday.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think TE Joesph Fauria, OT/G LaAdrian Waddle and DT Michael Brooks have the best shot out of the UDFAs to make the roster.

Fauria is big, smooth and has decent (not great) speed for his size. He's talented enough that I could definitely see him forcing us to keep 4 TEs on the roster.

Waddle started at LT for the last three years at Texas Tech, a big passing offense. He has great size (6'6", 332) and elite arm length at 36". The fact that he looks like he'll be able to back up guard and tackle bodes well for him this summer. If he puts together a good camp he'll likely earn a roster spot, as he may be too enticing to other teams to try to sneak onto the practice squad. We have a need for a 4th OT, so the planets are lining up for him thus far.

Michael Brooks is an athletic undertackle with a promising skill-set. He's been limited by injuries, but has the tools to be successful in our scheme. An opening for a 4th DT puts him on the watch-list this summer. Definitely a strong practice squad candidate if he doesn't make the final cut...

Beyond those three I think Skylar Allen, Austin Holtz and Steven Miller all have good potential to stand out enough to make the p-squad...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like pint-sized RB Steven Miller is making waves early in the rookie mini camp. He'll get some looks in the return game this summer, by the sounds of it...

rd27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be pretty awesome if 3-4 of these guys actually made the team.

My favorites for the 53:

J. Fauria - He was huge for UCLA and their passing attack. At 6'7, in the redzone opportunities become a little more interesting.

Waddle: He supposedly has been giving Ansah the most trouble lately. Maybe that success could carry over for the future?

Miller: He's apparently lightning fast. Could he be the answer we've been looking for at punt/kickoff returns?

Other players I'd like to see make the 53:

Carmen Messina

Patrick Edwards

Kris Durham

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I read about Alex Elkins the more I see him landing on the practice squad. Good frame, good speed, just very raw. Not a bad kid to develop though...