• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: UCLA @ Oregon: College Gameday

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know Bama. They can't win without bye weeks. LSU does too so what's your point?

is that just an sec thing? the 2 good teams you play a bye week before both...

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A common opponent was the point. Need I elaborate further?

Common opponent played at different times in a first year coach. Can make a big difference in the way a team plays into a season. I know you know this, but the difference in the total yards and score is minimal, especially for a team like Alabama that doesnt run up the score on teams and plays more ball control offense most of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is just full of people giving shit to the ducks. Are we the best team in the country? Probably not.
Are we undefeated and winning right now? Yes, I'll take it.
You have a claim for being the best. Here is what I've take away from this game:

- Ducks aren't going to score 50 points on teams with good defenses ... this game, along with Stanford last year are the blue prints as to how to hold the Ducks to a reasonable number of points.

- UCLA has a pretty young and stout D, but they are running out of steam.

- UCLA has no vertical passing game and that is killing them ... at some point you have to threaten the other team with down field passes, or the will stack up on you.

- Ducks have a kicking problem ... missed field goal, terrible kickoffs, and blocked punt. Probably a result of not having to use it much.

Next week may well be OU's last real test. Then again, it is hard to beat a team twice, and UCLA might be good enough to win the CG.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow

the refs do know what holding looks like

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but I do think the ducks defense is pretty good. Definitely would be up in there in the SEC.

I agree they would be a pretty good defense in the SEC, but to make a bold claim about UCLA and Oregon having the best two defenses in the SEC is ludicrous at best. Neither are even in the top 25 at this point.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Common opponent played at different times in a first year coach. Cam make a big difference in the way a team plays into a season. I know you know this, but the difference in the total yards and score is minimal, especially for a team like Alabama that doesnt run up the score on teams and plays more ball control offense most of the time.

I honestly don't care. I just thought I'd chime in for the fuck of it. I hope you guys and Oregon meet in the NCG. Other than that, I'm drinking to a dominant victory over Utah today. :suds:

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of us have been cool to the good Oregon fans, but I wont be talked down to by a USC fan with a Team Pac 12 attitude. Neither of these defenses come close to being the best two in the SEC.

I haven't seen much of the sec defense this year..yeah bama has looked good vs Colorado st, Tennessee, ole miss, Kentucky, Arkansas, Georgia st, dare I ask the combined record of such opponents?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon about to go up 28. This game was close? LOL :laugh3:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen much of the sec defense this year..yeah bama has looked good vs Colorado st, Tennessee, ole miss, Kentucky, Arkansas, Georgia st, dare I ask the combined record of such opponents?

Ole Miss scored 44 on Texas and has put up big numbers on just about every team they played, they got a goose egg against Alabama 0, 0, 0, 0 for a grand total of 0. Tennessee put up 17 n Oregon and had a 7 point lead on them at one point. Bama took a 35 point lead and never looked back and only allowed 10 to the same team four or 5 weeks further into the season. We can go all night, but you cannot prove Oregon is a top defense in the SEC or any conference, especially playing inept offenses like UCLA.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A common opponent was the point. Need I elaborate further?

We had a TD called back on a bad offensives Pi call. Fumbled on their 1. Had bogus roughing QB out of their end zone where we were going to get great field position before half. UT is a rival and playing much better yet 28 zip at half. Oregon trailed.

But its ridiculous to compare scores. Open your eyes and watch them play. You can always be wrong like the last 3 NC teams we played......wrong by a mile! :laugh3: