• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tyler Lockett

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been reading a lot about this kid but have yet to see him play other than his return highlights. I picked him up late in my fantasy draft (12 team) and was considering holding onto him as a possible deep sleeper at WR but I really don't know where he stands compared to the rest of the Hawks WRs? I'm just not sure if hes is worth taking up a spot on my bench?

Thoughts?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the best WR on the team the moment he stepped on the field.

Fantasy wise? Will probably be average week to week just because of the offense. But will have some STs TDs. His role will grow though in coming years so he's a keeper in deep leagues.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the best WR on the team the moment he stepped on the field.

Fantasy wise? Will probably be average week to week just because of the offense. But will have some STs TDs. His role will grow though in coming years so he's a keeper in deep leagues.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, he has four catches totaling 52 yards not that I put too much into preseason stats. Anyhow, I rarely play rookie receivers because it takes a couple seasons before they really reach their potential. I think it's the hardest position to master. That being said, I drafted Lockett (10th round) as well. I'll use him when my starting players reach their bye weeks. There is potential to get some Kick-off and Punt Returns for touchdowns!

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle doesn't throw the ball and he will have less value than Baldwin and Kearse....and you know how valuable they are in fantasy. The dude is an eletric returner, and I'm sure the Hawks will work in some gimmick plays to get him the ball in space.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle doesn't throw the ball and he will have less value than Baldwin and Kearse....and you know how valuable they are in fantasy. The dude is an eletric returner, and I'm sure the Hawks will work in some gimmick plays to get him the ball in space.

I don't think those guys will be ahead of him for too long. And they won't need gimmick plays for him, he's the fastest, best route runner and has the best hands on the team. Not a huge statement considering the company, but the Hawks have shown that they don't mind loading their talented young players up with responsibility.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think those guys will be ahead of him for too long. And they won't need gimmick plays for him, he's the fastest, best route runner and has the best hands on the team. Not a huge statement considering the company, but the Hawks have shown that they don't mind loading their talented young players up with responsibility.
His route running being on point mixed with his speed is appealing. From what I gathered from just reading about him and adding the input you guys have given makes me very curious where he will stand later in the season. With Graham now added to Wilson and Lynch, seems like some pretty nice opportunities could open up for him being a serious deep threat?

I appreciate all the input fellas! Regardless of fantasy reasons, I look forward to seeing this kid play.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really??? In practice or the 5 catches he has made in the preseason? Pump the brakes a little bit bro. He will be a good player, but I don't know where you got the best and best from.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really??? In practice or the 5 catches he has made in the preseason? Pump the brakes a little bit bro. He will be a good player, but I don't know where you got the best and best from.

I don't need to pump the breaks, i'm not this high on just anybody. I truly don't think I'm getting ahead of myself in saying that he is the best receiver on the team. There's a reason the Hawks used 4 picks on him, and it's not just return ability. They'll ease him in, but I'm not going to be the least bit shocked to see him lead Seahawks receivers in most statistical catagories by the end of the year.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been reading a lot about this kid but have yet to see him play other than his return highlights. I picked him up late in my fantasy draft (12 team) and was considering holding onto him as a possible deep sleeper at WR but I really don't know where he stands compared to the rest of the Hawks WRs? I'm just not sure if hes is worth taking up a spot on my bench?

Thoughts?
I think the only way you use up a roster spot on him is if it's a large league with big rosters and you get points for individual return TDs. Like other guys have said, the targets are probably just not going to be there in volume or consistency during his rookie year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only way you use up a roster spot on him is if it's a large league with big rosters and you get points for individual return TDs. Like other guys have said, the targets are probably just not going to be there in volume or consistency during his rookie year.
This. I'm in a bunch of FF leagues and TL is not on my roster on any of them. Think he's going to be kick ass on STs and get worked in slowly in the receiving corp. Think he's going to be one of the better WRs for the Seahawks for years to come, just not yet.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this was a timely thread.

The kid may not put up fantasy numbers just based on the system, but he is a stud!

Preseason TDs on kick return, punt return, and as WR.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man what about Frank Clark... Dude is just scary right now.. I"m looking forward to seeing what he's capable of .. I think our D line is looking really nice right now...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man what about Frank Clark... Dude is just scary right now.. I"m looking forward to seeing what he's capable of .. I think our D line is looking really nice right now...

They could be scary. Easily the deepest part of the team with Mebane, Bennett, Avril, Clark, Hill, JPL looked great tonight, Cassius Marsh, who keeps making plays. They had at least 5 tackles for loss against the Raiders.

If you like D line play the first game up is gonna be awesome.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm as high on Lockett as anybody but in terms of fantasy he has little to no value at all. He may or may not get a special teams td or even a receiving td here and there but if you are a successful fantasy player you know not to place your trust in a player like that.

Consistent production is key. I hesitate to even draft Baldwin who is likely to give you 700-800 (upwards to 900) receiving yards as the Seahawk's #1 let alone Lockett.

The Seahawks simply don't throw the ball enough for Lockett to truly warrant a fantasy starting spot unless you are in a really really deep league.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to pump the breaks, i'm not this high on just anybody. I truly don't think I'm getting ahead of myself in saying that he is the best receiver on the team. There's a reason the Hawks used 4 picks on him, and it's not just return ability. They'll ease him in, but I'm not going to be the least bit shocked to see him lead Seahawks receivers in most statistical catagories by the end of the year.

You should draft Lockett tmrw :suds:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told you guys Lockett was gonna be amazing. Told everyone on Frank Clark as well. Was highly pumped for both these guys. Everyone just blew the Clark character concern out of proportion because they were pissed Seattle got another stud D-Lineman.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look forward to 3rd & longs when we have a rush package of Avril, Bennett, Clark & Irvin.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's a good sleeper. When Wilson finds the match ups he likes he's got no problem going to them. Look at what he did with a dude off the street in the Super Bowl? Lockett brings things that nobody else has in the wr corp and by week 8 he's going to have some value.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look forward to 3rd & longs when we have a rush package of Avril, Bennett, Clark & Irvin.

This D-line is going to be causing major havoc and forcing a lot of turnovers.