• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ty Hill being investigated for assault on a child

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns WR's are looking so good...

Beckham
Landry

*cough* *cough* Hill *cough*

Wonder how this could affect his contract if he is found guilty?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure his son will come back home, still no charges, so this story will eventually go away
Given it's gone this long and is going through CINC, the odds of there being criminal charges is very low insofar as I can gather. Could be wrong, but that's what it looks like.

I'd need to recheck but they have recent SM posts with the kid.

Dunno if Hill did or didn't do something, but he's probably gonna skate just reading the tealeaves as of right now.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My reaction to the whole story
notsurprisedkirk.jpg

Feel bad for the kid though.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't look good. I mean if they take their son away it doesn't look good. Sad moment for that family and possibly for the Chiefs

If there is any question of abuse they will remove the child. The part for me that makes me think they have something is the fact that most of these types of cases are closed pretty quickly.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much sums it up:

In Tyreek’s case, reports have found that his son has been removed. This is precautionary and in the best interest of the child. Oftentimes this will happen to protect the child. It is a disruptive moment in the child’s life, but it is used in order to make absolutely sure the child is safe. Tyreek’s son has been placed in foster care or potentially with other family members. This does not mean abuse happened. It also doesn’t mean abuse didn’t happen. It is simply to make certain the child remains safe.

In the state of Kansas, the next step is to have a case plan meeting within 30 days to outline all of the tasks necessary to bring the family back together. This reintegration plan is put together with the state, the Department, the parents, and the child’s attorney (called a guardian ad litem). Within 60 days of the temporary custody order, there must be an adjudication hearing. The state must prove that the child is a child in need of care as determined by the statutes. Evidence will be presented by both sides; the state will try and prove the child is in need of care while the parents will defend.

Finally, after the adjudication hearing, the court will set a disposition hearing. This will be the court working with the state, the attorneys, the parents, and the Department to determine what needs to be done to achieve reunification of the family. This case plan is determined and review hearings are set for 3-6 month intervals. The goal is to permanently reunite the child with the parents. Every 12 months, the court must conduct a permanency hearing to determine if the goal is still to reunify the child with the parents. If the parents are not making progress, the state could ask that the court terminate parental rights. This is a last resort and appears unlikely in Tyreek’s situation.

Tyreek and his fiance are probably somewhere in the adjudication stage. Likely there has been probable cause found that the child was in an unsafe environment or was not properly cared for. The parents are likely going through counseling together, working with the Department to better their parenting, and other similar tasks. When they can show successful completion, they will likely regain physical custody.

So what does this ultimately mean? Really nothing. We just don’t know enough. Courts are extremely protective of children, and they have every right to be. That’s why we don’t have a lot to go on, since disseminating the information would be harmful to Tyreek’s son. All we can do at this point is speculate, so here are a few points:

1. Tyreek and his fiancé have not been criminally charged. Juvenile court is separate from criminal court. If criminal charges are filed, we will know about those.
  2. Just because Tyreek and his fiancé are attending these court proceedings does not necessarily mean both were involved in the incident. In juvenile cases, BOTH biological parents are required to be notified and involved in the proceedings even if they had nothing to do with what happened.hey may be completely absent and literally just a sperm donor or womb, but if they are named on the birth certificate, they are required to be notified. This also does not mean they weren’t both involved. It’s a sticky situation.
  3. We don’t know what will happen with the Chiefs. This is not a typical situation where you have criminal charges filed in a domestic abuse case. I don’t know how the Chiefs or the league will handle this. However, I believe the Chiefs will do their due diligence.
All I can say is this: we don’t know enough about what is going on to make a determination either way. At this point, patience is required. Let’s just hope Tyreek and his fiancé are working with the state to regain physical custody of their child and to become better parents. Let’s also hope that their son is safe and cared for and that whatever is truly in the best interests of their son is what ends up happening.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is any question of abuse they will remove the child. The part for me that makes me think they have something is the fact that most of these types of cases are closed pretty quickly.

Yeah the child being removed is just part of process but like you said if there is nothing, just close the case. I guess we will see.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
e Kansas City Star reports Tyreek Hill's three-year-old son was "recently removed from the custody of Hill and the boy’s mother."
Per the Star, it "isn’t clear when the boy was removed, or who he is staying with now." The Star reports Hill and his fiancee, Crystal Espinal, have been "working through a family court process called a 'child in need of care' case." Two separate investigations into child abuse at Hill's home were opened across nine days in March. The second incident involved the alleged breaking of Hill's son's arm. Hill reported for the start of Chiefs voluntary workouts this week, but this is looking like a situation that will involve a lengthy suspension, outright release or both.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is looking like a situation that will involve a lengthy suspension, outright release or both.

Yikes. Two in a row for the Chiefs if released. Can't say there weren't warning signs with Tyreek though...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes. Two in a row for the Chiefs if released. Can't say there weren't warning signs with Tyreek though...
Hill is different than Hunt, imo. Losing Hunt didn't really hurt the Chiefs all that much. If Hill goes down last year then the Chiefs probably only go something like 9-7 or 10-6.

I also think Hill is a more severe case if he actually is guilty. You'd have to imagine that he'd be gone from the league for a year or maybe forever.

It feels like this process is taking forever but the Chiefs will show their cards in the draft. I know I get on people in the politics forum for judging situation before people are found guilty but it is apparent that there is something wrong in the Hill household so it doesn't look great atm.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy is going to have to be a #1. I'm thinking the Chiefs are going to draft a WR somewhere in this draft, just in case.