• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos' Antonio Smith being investigated for child abuse

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again....

Broncos defensive end Antonio Smith is being investigated for child abuse, TMZ reported early Thursday morning.

The investigation is related to "multiple incidents dating back to 2010" in the state of Texas, according to the person making the accusation against Smith. The case was filed in Colorado in November but was moved to Texas.

Fort Bend County District Attorney John Healey confirmed to TMZ that the child abuse division is handling the case against Smith but said that no charges have been filed.

Healey later told the Denver Post that his office has been investigating Smith for several weeks.
"It is true that the county sheriff's office has received a complaint from an individual," he said. "They are, and have been, conducting an investigation. ... My office is working with the investigating agency to review their information and further their investigation. There is nothing imminent."

The Broncos released a statement regarding the matter, reading, "Last night, we became aware for the first time of an allegation involving Antonio Smith. We are now in the process of gathering more information."

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again....

Broncos defensive end Antonio Smith is being investigated for child abuse, TMZ reported early Thursday morning.

The investigation is related to "multiple incidents dating back to 2010" in the state of Texas, according to the person making the accusation against Smith. The case was filed in Colorado in November but was moved to Texas.

Fort Bend County District Attorney John Healey confirmed to TMZ that the child abuse division is handling the case against Smith but said that no charges have been filed.

Healey later told the Denver Post that his office has been investigating Smith for several weeks.
"It is true that the county sheriff's office has received a complaint from an individual," he said. "They are, and have been, conducting an investigation. ... My office is working with the investigating agency to review their information and further their investigation. There is nothing imminent."

The Broncos released a statement regarding the matter, reading, "Last night, we became aware for the first time of an allegation involving Antonio Smith. We are now in the process of gathering more information."

Gotta love getting all the hot sports scoops from TMZ....

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"At least he wasn't complicit in tampering with footballs!"
-Broncos & Ravens fans

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this will take attention away from the real problem in the NFL...air pressure.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey! Another deflection thread!

If it is found that he has committed child abuse or if the evidence leans that way I am good with moving on from this guy who has not played a down for us.

See, no blind homerism here.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it is found that he has committed child abuse or if the evidence leans that way I am good with moving on from this guy who has not played a down for us.
no, this really happened.

why do you think this is a deflection from something?

its news.

PS hes legally a bronco. ;)

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See, no blind homerism here.

There was no blind homerism with Aaron Hernandez, either. He was a piece of shit and Pats fans moved on. A scumbag is a scumbag.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
air pressure, polite way referring to cheating or unfair sportsmanship.
like the broncos grossly violating the salary cap rules...twice...to keep elway and TD for those titles?

the one that was nearly 2 million in fines and lost picks?

like that?

Keystone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like the broncos grossly violating the salary cap rules...twice...to keep elway and TD for those titles?

like that?

like that?

Broncos have violated a number of NFL rules over the years. Salary cap, vaseline on the jerseys, chop blocks. See how easy it is to admit when your team is wrong. Like when the Broncos went to the NFL and disclosed their own spygate scandal. Then turned around and fired the head coach afterward. Was a good day for Bronco fans. Been a while, what was that guys name?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

like that?

Man I have told you to please do some research on what the Broncos did before making such idiotic comments. You just look like an idiot the more times you keep blabbing the same things over and over with no actual understanding of them.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I have told you to please do some research on what the Broncos did before making such idiotic comments. You just look like an idiot the more times you keep blabbing the same things over and over with no actual understanding of them.
they werent fined nearly 2 million and draft picks?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, this really happened.

why do you think this is a deflection from something?

its news.

PS hes legally a bronco. ;)

At this point we have no clue what has happened. He is being investigated...That means jack squat. Just like La'el Collins was investigated before the draft. Nothing actually came of that. Really the only reason they brought him in was because of his having been in a relationship with her. Or just like last year the Dallas Police Department put out that they had arrested Aqib Talib. His agent called him in the middle of the night trying to figure out what was going on to only find out his brother was the one in jail and the police hadn't actually checked to see if the name he gave them matched who he was.

At this point we have a whole lot of nothing. Always good to wait these things out before jumping to conclusions. If he is found guilty then yeah I will consider him a scumbag that I will be cheering for to be cut.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they werent fined nearly 2 million and draft picks?

Yeah that part is true...The part you are lacking any understanding of though is what they actually did with the Cap. Did they break the rules...Yes. Did they actually gain any kind of advantage on the field...No. The league has even said that over and over again that the Broncos gained nothing by what they did. They had a couple of accounting guys that did not understand the rules on how contracts can be written. They were fired as soon as the owner found out what they had done. He didn't try to fight the NFL as they had broken the rules and the owner took ownership of that.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that part is true...The part you are lacking any understanding of though is what they actually did with the Cap. Did they break the rules...Yes. Did they actually gain any kind of advantage on the field...No. The league has even said that over and over again that the Broncos gained nothing by what they did. They had a couple of accounting guys that did not understand the rules on how contracts can be written. They were fired as soon as the owner found out what they had done. He didn't try to fight the NFL as they had broken the rules and the owner took ownership of that.
they had an advantage on the field...elway and TD.

they dont get paid without cheating!

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos have violated a number of NFL rules over the years. Salary cap, vaseline on the jerseys, chop blocks. See how easy it is to admit when your team is wrong. Like when the Broncos went to the NFL and disclosed their own spygate scandal. Then turned around and fired the head coach afterward. Was a good day for Bronco fans. Been a while, what was that guys name?
handsome ralph.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they had an advantage on the field...elway and TD.

they dont get paid without cheating!

They didn't get paid more or less than what they would have if the contracts had been done right. YOu seem to think the only way the Broncos could sign these guys was by trying to get around the cap. That wasn't the issue. A couple of guys made some major accounting errors but the players still got paid the same as if they had signed a regular contract. Again why the league deemed the Broncos to have gained no actual advantage on the field.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't get paid more or less than what they would have if the contracts had been done right. YOu seem to think the only way the Broncos could sign these guys was by trying to get around the cap. That wasn't the issue. A couple of guys made some major accounting errors but the players still got paid the same as if they had signed a regular contract. Again why the league deemed the Broncos to have gained no actual advantage on the field.
cheaters!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cheaters!

I have no problem admitting the Broncos broke the rules (unlike some fans I know supporting a certain team). They were punished for it, took that punishment, fired the people responsible for the breaking of the rules, and have moved on.

Look at when the Broncos have been caught breaking the rules. They didn't go before the media saying "We are going to fight this." They owned up to their mistakes as Keystone pointed out the Broncos actually turned in their own coach when they found out what he did then promptly fired him and those involved.