• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ty Hill being investigated for assault on a child

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DA should charge them both & let a jury decide. It's a "cop out" by this DA to not charge them if he believes there is a crime.

It could be worse, it could be the Jussie Smollett case. Where 16 charges were just dismissed.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they though?

I guess W-L's terms, yes. That's it though.

The NFL will suspend Hill. How long is anyone's guess. Hill can't hide behind self incrimination law during an NFL investigation. If he doesn't cooperate & plausibly explain what happened, he is toast for the season.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL will suspend Hill. How long is anyone's guess. Hill can't hide behind self incrimination law during an NFL investigation. If he doesn't cooperate & plausibly explain what happened, he is toast for the season.
I think you overrate their consistency.

Inb4 Arlington screams for a lifetime ban suspension tho

In the uncleared file, only Espinal is listed, IIRC. Would be sketchy grounds in unclear and murky waters.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burden of proof would kind of be a major problem with that approach. Especially if they refuse to implicate one each other, or some other as of yet unnamed person

The DA believes there is a crime. He just ins't sure who committed the crime. Charge them as co-conspirators, present the evidence & let a jury decide.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am too rule bound to not respect to DA's statements, but I look lot a like this right now toward that entire family:

tenor.gif

agreed his fam could use some major help/counseling...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DA believes there is a crime. He just ins't sure who committed the crime. Charge them as co-conspirators, present the evidence & let a jury decide.
Congrats, you established the preponderance of evidence, not beyond a reasonable doubt.

And that jury would probably clear him, and thus waste the taxpayer's time.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you overrate their consistency.

Inb4 Arlington screams for a lifetime ban suspension tho

In the uncleared file, only Espinal is listed, IIRC. Would be sketchy grounds in unclear and murky waters.

PTF has a few articles out explaining why it's likely Hill will be suspended.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to make any speculations on this. Its too serious of a subject and the NFL is too unpredictable to guess what they'll do.

I do think its in the Chiefs best interest to spend a 2nd rounder on a WR or another TE, though, to give Mahomes another target.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to make any speculations on this. Its too serious of a subject and the NFL is too unpredictable to guess what they'll do.

I do think its in the Chiefs best interest to spend a 2nd rounder on a WR or another TE, though, to give Mahomes another target.
Possibly so. I think any notion of Hill ever receiving an extension from the Chiefs is dead now. I don't operate the team, but I know how I would feel about this situation if I were the owner.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

definitely smart to consider a "just in case" pick...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, pretty much figured this. From what I understood he wasn't even around when his kid's arm was broken...

The DA slipped up and said there were only two people present. So from the sound of things it was either Hill or his fiance but neither is willing to talk.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest concern is what happens now if charges are being dropped to the kid? I mean they know something happened so are they ok sending that kid back into the same environment that just got him hurt? What about the twins on the way? Just a terrible situation all around and unfortunately the kid/s are the ones that get destroyed.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definitely smart to consider a "just in case" pick...
Right. I think TE makes sense. It gives you just enough cover without blatantly saying that the Chiefs are moving on at some point.

If they draft someone like Hollywood Brown or later on Andy Isabella or Emmanuel Hall then its pretty blatantly a 'we're replacing Hill' pick. Parris Campbell could probably do the same stuff as Sammy Watkins.

Lots of potential options, maybe.

I don't want to just assume that the Chiefs should move on without the facts but this is a bad situation and Hill is going to want to be paid like the top WR in the NFL.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. I think TE makes sense. It gives you just enough cover without blatantly saying that the Chiefs are moving on at some point.

If they draft someone like Hollywood Brown or later on Andy Isabella or Emmanuel Hall then its pretty blatantly a 'we're replacing Hill' pick. Parris Campbell could probably do the same stuff as Sammy Watkins.

Lots of potential options, maybe.

I don't want to just assume that the Chiefs should move on without the facts but this is a bad situation and Hill is going to want to be paid like the top WR in the NFL.

I would add that next year's WR class might be the best since the incredible 2014 draft. Lots of big time names so maybe it isn't something needed to look at this year but wait and see where things are in a year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add that next year's WR class might be the best since the incredible 2014 draft. Lots of big time names so maybe it isn't something needed to look at this year but wait and see where things are in a year.
Its a possibility although if it got to that point Veach would likely use his first round pick to get an established WR instead. That seems to be his style.