• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Two year extension for Bradford

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care how much he makes, two years is a great deal for both. It's not my money. Now we can draft a guy and see who develops more. Perfectly played.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still think Bradford is garbage and totally not worth that kind of money. But I can swallow two years. Now we can groom a young QB in this years or next years draft.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are reading the two years favoring the Eagles all backwards. Just about any deal Bradford signed would likely only have had in practicality guarantees for two years...three max. This deal works out to be $26M for one year or $36M for two and then hitting FA again at the young age of 30. Bradford is lined up to potentially get another huge contract at that point. His agent did a great job. Bradford is setup to maximize his income and choose where to end his career.

A better deal for the Eagles would have been one that paid him the $36M over two, and then locked Bradford into reasonable year to year non-guaranteed salaries for several years after that. Big win for the agent IMO.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? $18 million is chump change for a QB. If he lights it up we sign him. If he doesn't we move on. There was no rookie or available QB that was going to be as good as Bradford. He can move the chains and the D can keep us in it.

His agent gambled bigtime that he will get another deal. If he flops it's over.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bradford threw for 3,725 yards, 19 touchdowns and 14 interceptions last year. I don't care what his rating was. Half the team quit on Chip, the WR's dropped an above average amount of balls and the Oline was a disaster. 4500 isn't out of the question this year.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? $18 million is chump change for a QB. If he lights it up we sign him. If he doesn't we move on. There was no rookie or available QB that was going to be as good as Bradford. He can move the chains and the D can keep us in it.

His agent gambled bigtime that he will get another deal. If he flops it's over.

Oh don't get me wrong. Its a fair deal...not overpaid or underpaid really and provides some stability at the position. Now the Eagles can simply go BPA in the draft and not feel pressured that they have to get a guy. From that perspective you can look at the Bradford signing as almost an extra first round pick. Without him or another FA they would have been virtually forced to draft a Lynch or even trade up. If their first rounder ends up being a probowler on the OL or elsewhere you can credit this deal as giving them the flexibility to do that. They can also feel free to draft a Lynch if they so choose knowing they have the flexibility to let the guy develop for two years before throwing him in there.

But its a better deal for Bradford. He wasn't going to get more than that guaranteed anyways, and if he shows skill and health he can be looking at a huge payday two years from now. So far Bradford has pretty much maxed out his career financially and this sets him up to continue to do so.

BTW, is it a foregone conclusion that Sanchez is cut now? $4.5M is top dollar and I assume their will be a rookie draft pick on the roster at some point. I guess there is no trigger though forcing the Eagles to do anything before the draft?

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you are trying to do, but it's not working. Most of us feel Bradford looked damn good the last 7-8 games and we want to see more of Bradford with the O-line built up and another wr or 2 to throw to. I was very very critical of Bradford the first 6-7 games but I thought he looked damn good down the stretch.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the cap going up the money really isn't that important to me either. We have flexibility to move forward.

Sam is no guarantee, but that's just how bleak the market is. If anything, it gives us time to find the guy for the next 10 years.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like a two year franchise tag without the guarantee.

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot damn. Continue to see my tickets go down in value by the day.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't much of a market for him it looks like. Surprised he didn't take the $120 million dollar deal some of you thought he was worth.

Best case is, it is only 2 years. Lot's of $ for an avg at best QB but at least he won't be here that long. Nail the next 2 drafts and we should be ready to make our run in year 3.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a solid deal.

And now we aren't totally fucked at QB.
This went about as good as it could possibly go for the Birds. t's a solid deal and both parties are happy. Grab our QB in mid round and draft the BPA at 13 or trade it for additional picks. Cut Sanchez and get a cheaper backup. Take care of Cox next on a long term deal.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, I've seen a number of references to SB's performance in his last seven games as being some kind of turning point in his season. I looked at his stats for those games, looks pretty mediocre, especially considering there were some blowouts. What is there I'm missing? I don't blame the Eagles for signing him, they had few choices.

Last edited:

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie, you sly fox you.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in all its not a bad deal, but Bradford needs to play like an All Pro just to start making progress on paying back all that money he hasn't earned.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's front loaded and essentially a one year deal, whatever -- at this point I'm just happy we didn't commit longterm.

Not sure why some people are so excited to have this guy back lol…Cheers to another year of mediocre QB play, let's hope he doesn't sprain his vagina after lighting up the preseason like he always does.