• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Two Player Decade MLB Draft 2 : CHAT

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then how come he is never picked in these mocks...bc he adds more to a team than Kirby does. Lofton being a very good leadoff hitter and there are always going to be better 2 or 3 or 5 hole hitters than Kirby especially in CF.

I have picked Kirby more times than Kenny in these mocks..pretty sure

No you haven't.

Like being picked in our drafts determines greatness, lolzzzz

Adds more to a team, holy shit that's ridiculous.

There are simply more hitting 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th options than there are leadoff hitter options which makes Lofton more valuable in the drafts because there aren't 100 great leadoff hitter options like there are for every spot Kirby could hit, also Kirby typically costs more to draft.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And lolzzz at you comparing Lofton to Raines and Rickey.

OBP
Rickey .401
Raines .385
Lofton .372
Kirby .360

Kirby was closer to Lofton than Lofton was to either Raines or Rickey, Lofton is kinda shitty compared to the best leadoff hitters I guess...

Kinda shitty? Lol wasn’t Kirby a 2 or 3 hole hitter. Lets compare him to other 2-3 hole hitters. He would be awful compared to them. He can hit. He cant get on base, he cant draw walks, he wasnt a power hitter and he was just average at driving in runs. Since we dont care about defense in these mocks...Kirby is absolutely worthess.

But since you only care about hitting. Lofton had a bette average than Raines and Henderson and a better defender....so Kenny is better. That is literally your argument for Kirby except you are comparing him to a leadoff lolzzz

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you haven't.

Like being picked in our drafts determines greatness, lolzzzz

Adds more to a team, holy shit that's ridiculous.

There are simply more hitting 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th options than there are leadoff hitter options which makes Lofton more valuable in the drafts because there aren't 100 great leadoff hitter options like there are for every spot Kirby could hit, also Kirby typically costs more to draft.

Costs more in no salary cap draft? Lol

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda shitty? Lol wasn’t Kirby a 2 or 3 hole hitter. Lets compare him to other 2-3 hole hitters. He would be awful compared to them. He can hit. He cant get on base, he cant draw walks, he wasnt a power hitter and he was just average at driving in runs. Since we dont care about defense in these mocks...Kirby is absolutely worthess.

But since you only care about hitting. Lofton had a bette average than Raines and Henderson and a better defender....so Kenny is better. That is literally your argument for Kirby except you are comparing him to a leadoff lolzzz

lolzzz you brought other players into the conversation and when it backfired you become petulant. I literally showed you every list I could find by a website anybody has ever heard of and not one of them ranked Lofton ahead of Kirby, you lose, move on...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry man i'm not trying to fight I just find it funny you are saying a guy who received 3.2% of the vote his first year of hall of fame consideration which was so low he was off future ballots after his first year of eligibility is better than a first ballot HOFer...

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whose up aside for Lofton & Kirby

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry man i'm not trying to fight I just find it funny you are saying a guy who received 3.2% of the vote his first year of hall of fame consideration which was so low he was off future ballots after his first year of eligibility is better than a first ballot HOFer...

I never mind a debate. Yeah that’s another thing. It’s hilarious he was a 1st ballot guy. You win a World Series against a Cards team in 7. Their best player was Ozzie Smith...their 2nd best player was Jack Clark. You beat the Braves before they were great...No Maddux...no Chipper...no McGriff..No Lopez. The only reason Lofton’s reaume isnt better with a Ws or two under his resume is those amazing Braves teams and the Yankees were great in the 90’s.

Point is there is no way Kirby should have been 1st ballot, you even know that. 23rd in WAR for a CF. Like I said he is comparable to Bernie Williams. I’m still waiting on Bernie to hit the HOF lolzzz

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I texted Kirby

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never mind a debate. Yeah that’s another thing. It’s hilarious he was a 1st ballot guy. You win a World Series against a Cards team in 7. Their best player was Ozzie Smith...their 2nd best player was Jack Clark. You beat the Braves before they were great...No Maddux...no Chipper...no McGriff..No Lopez. The only reason Lofton’s reaume isnt better with a Ws or two under his resume is those amazing Braves teams and the Yankees were great in the 90’s.

Point is there is no way Kirby should have been 1st ballot, you even know that. 23rd in WAR for a CF. Like I said he is comparable to Bernie Williams. I’m still waiting on Bernie to hit the HOF lolzzz

Now you are using what ifs, okay... lolzzz

No way he should have been, lolzzz this is why you need to stop, if he shouldn't have been why was he? He was a player on a small market team that nobody ever paid attention to yet he was first ballot, that should tell you all you need to know about how good a player he was. Lofton and 3.2% of the vote his first year, yep he's better, derpity derp derp...

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who gives a damn what the shitty baseball media thinks? Bernie is better than Kirby.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
List of 1st ballot HOFrs (hitters)

Wagner
Ruth
Cobb
Teddy
Mantle
Banks
Mays
Kaline
Frank Robinson
Brock
McCovey
Stargell
Bench
Yaz
Morgan
Carew
Jackson
Schmidt
Yount
Brett
Puckett
Winfield
Ozzie
Murray
Moliter
Boggs
Gwynn
Ripken
Henderson
Frank Thomas
Griffey Jr.
IRod
Thome
Chipper

All BOLDED are 1st ballot guys that imo are questionable and why they most likely made it on 1st ballot...

Lou Brock - top 3 base stealer of all-time, great hitter?
Robin Yount - 2-time MVP? Probably the most questionable imo
Ozzie Smith - arguably the great defensive player of all-time?
Cal Ripken Jr - 2-time MVP and Ironman?
Kirby Puckett - 6 GG’s, great hitter?

None of those guys deserve 1st ballot except probably Ripken bc of how remarkable of a feat he accomplished.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you are using what ifs, okay... lolzzz

No way he should have been, lolzzz this is why you need to stop, if he shouldn't have been why was he? He was a player on a small market team that nobody ever paid attention to yet he was first ballot, that should tell you all you need to know about how good a player he was. Lofton and 3.2% of the vote his first year, yep he's better, derpity derp derp...

So he deseves to be in bc he helped a small market team win it all? That right there says it all. Great story? Yes. Great player? Yes. First Ballot? No way. Not everyone who made 1st ballot should have made it. Probably made first ballot bc there wasnt much there.

In 2001 Winfield and Puckett made it in. Who else was there...

Gary Carter
Jim Rice
Bruce Sutter
Goose
Steve Garvey
Tommy John
Don Mattingly
Jim Kaat

Looks like it was weak that year

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3.2%

tenor.gif

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall of Fame means nothing...

Someone told me that once...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall of Fame means nothing...

Someone told me that once...

Not what I said helpy helperton! You said Mean Joe was elected first ballot and Page was elected in his second year therefor he was better, what I said was the reasoning for that is because Greene played on a 4 time Super Bowl winning team and Page played on a 4 time losing Super Bowl team. But thanks for trying...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
List of 1st ballot HOFrs (hitters)

Wagner
Ruth
Cobb
Teddy
Mantle
Banks
Mays
Kaline
Frank Robinson
Brock
McCovey
Stargell
Bench
Yaz
Morgan
Carew
Jackson
Schmidt
Yount
Brett
Puckett
Winfield
Ozzie
Murray
Moliter
Boggs
Gwynn
Ripken
Henderson
Frank Thomas
Griffey Jr.
IRod
Thome
Chipper

All BOLDED are 1st ballot guys that imo are questionable and why they most likely made it on 1st ballot...

Lou Brock - top 3 base stealer of all-time, great hitter?
Robin Yount - 2-time MVP? Probably the most questionable imo
Ozzie Smith - arguably the great defensive player of all-time?
Cal Ripken Jr - 2-time MVP and Ironman?
Kirby Puckett - 6 GG’s, great hitter?

None of those guys deserve 1st ballot except probably Ripken bc of how remarkable of a feat he accomplished.
I would add Thome, Thomas, Murray and Puckett to the ones you bolded as non 1st ballot guys. All of them are HOFers for sure, not 1st. Hell, if Gehrig wasn't 1st ballot, it should really be Ruth 1st ballot... 2nd ballot..

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Nosferatu did you see the trade between Shane and I

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add Thome, Thomas, Murray and Puckett to the ones you bolded as non 1st ballot guys. All of them are HOFers for sure, not 1st. Hell, if Gehrig wasn't 1st ballot, it should really be Ruth 1st ballot... 2nd ballot..

Yeah I agree. Frank Thomas and Thome were great power hitters and obp guys though at least. 1st ballot, I highly doubt it.

Some of these guys that didnt get 1st ballot are pretty shocking..

Dimaggio, Foxx, Berra, Ford, Cy Young, Speaker, Lajoie, Ott, Mathews, Campanella and Killer.

1st ballot means nothing imo