• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tubbs Pre-Combine Mock Draft

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would prefer to find a guard in FA. It's a big hole, so why not plug it with a known player instead of an unknown player? With that said though, the likelihood of a good player choosing the Bengals over any other team is not very high, nor is the likelihood of Brown outbidding any other team. We may be stuck with the draft.

You answered your own question. Mike brown likes to sign guys like deuce lutui and mike mcglynn.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To be fair, most teams ignore interior linemen in the first round..... There is normally one or two at best. Meanwhile, teams reach on tackles every year - I imagine it will stay this way as the league has really tilted to the pass.

This will change though I think with the new CBA. I think you'll see more interior linemen go in the 1st as the contracts will be more justifiable. As for taking two OG's in the 1st I'd be all for it. I think we can all safely assume that no upgrades will come via FA. We're not getting Carl Nicks. I think that LG and RG are the two biggest needs on the team. If you addressed your two biggest needs and didnt reach on either pick (i.e. DeCastro and Glenn in the 1st) that's a great start to the draft. Both spots seriously need an upgrade.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will change though I think with the new CBA. I think you'll see more interior linemen go in the 1st as the contracts will be more justifiable. As for taking two OG's in the 1st I'd be all for it. I think we can all safely assume that no upgrades will come via FA. We're not getting Carl Nicks. I think that LG and RG are the two biggest needs on the team. If you addressed your two biggest needs and didnt reach on either pick (i.e. DeCastro and Glenn in the 1st) that's a great start to the draft. Both spots seriously need an upgrade.

Yep. The new slotting system and rookie cap for drafting will change a lot of things. First, you can afford to trade FOR the #1 or #2 pick without having pay the guy $50M upfront like it used to be. And if you have the #1 or #2 pick and want to trade it, you will have more teams inquiring about it because of the lack of price-tag that comes with it.

Same being said for "other" positions that normally don't "warrant" 1st round picks because who wants to pay a guard XX amount because they were drafted in the 1st round. This is going to be curbed by the draft cap. I think you are correct when you say there will be more guards, but not just guards but all kinds of positions will get mixed around in the 1st round (as well as trading picks) due to this new slotting system and cap on draft spending.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
27. New England Patriots – Chase Mannifield CB Virginia

He is not 1st round stuff.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not what a lot of other people are saying.