• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tua is done so draft chase young

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me how the information leaked out and I'll probably be able to find (perhaps purchase) the test results.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And more the 2 games experience won’t clear that up a bit ? Please

Unlikely.

Because he has a low cognitive skill set.

The test is sports sense and the data is private. You aren’t finding the results online. I have a friend who works for a team that uses the data and only a couple other teams have access to it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlikely.

Because he has a low cognitive skill set.

The test is sports sense and the data is private. You aren’t finding the results online. I have a friend who works for a team that uses the data and only a couple other teams have access to it.
Well sorry I am not buying it at all until I see real data and not from a friend of a friends cousins uncles janitor

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the jury is still out so I don't see anyone who has made a claim that should be told they are wrong.

This morning I was driving around doing errands and caught some of Thom Loverro and Nick Ashooh on the radio. Thom made a couple statements (conversation started over Haskins sideline talk to the Oline) that I don't agree or disagree with. The accusations were that the staff had to cajole Haskins to get into his playbook. He also said Kevin O'Connell said the other day that Dwayne's body language had been a lot better lately.

I had a couple of thoughts here. Thom does not say things unless he knows something or has heard things. The 2nd comment made me think back to when they TV camera caught Keenum and McCoy looking at the iPad while Haskins wasn't paying any attention at all. Is that body language.

My take on Haskins two starts are that he was he was given a very watered down offense the first game. He was mediocre at best until late in the game but he made a couple of nice throws to McLaurin. He also moves well in the pocket. This is not new style, he was credited with that coming into the draft. He seen as not a running threat but he also isn't Tom Brady or Drew Brees who largely have cement feet. My opinion is it is way too early to declare him a star or a bust. Give the kid a chance to play.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sorry I am not buying it at all until I see real data and not from a friend of a friends cousins uncles janitor

LOL.

I could care less if you buy it or not. My source is rock solid. You pretty much said I was biased and had no reason for being negative on Haskins. I have plenty of reason.

Time will be on my side here. You will see.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the jury is still out so I don't see anyone who has made a claim that should be told they are wrong.

This morning I was driving around doing errands and caught some of Thom Loverro and Nick Ashooh on the radio. Thom made a couple statements (conversation started over Haskins sideline talk to the Oline) that I don't agree or disagree with. The accusations were that the staff had to cajole Haskins to get into his playbook. He also said Kevin O'Connell said the other day that Dwayne's body language had been a lot better lately.

I had a couple of thoughts here. Thom does not say things unless he knows something or has heard things. The 2nd comment made me think back to when they TV camera caught Keenum and McCoy looking at the iPad while Haskins wasn't paying any attention at all. Is that body language.

My take on Haskins two starts are that he was he was given a very watered down offense the first game. He was mediocre at best until late in the game but he made a couple of nice throws to McLaurin. He also moves well in the pocket. This is not new style, he was credited with that coming into the draft. He seen as not a running threat but he also isn't Tom Brady or Drew Brees who largely have cement feet. My opinion is it is way too early to declare him a star or a bust. Give the kid a chance to play.

Let’s be clear.

I am not declaring anything. I agree it is too early for declarations.

I just have not seen anything from his play to make me think the test results are misleading or inaccurate. Which is why I think he will bust.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s be clear.

I am not declaring anything. I agree it is too early for declarations.

I just have not seen anything from his play to make me think the test results are misleading or inaccurate. Which is why I think he will bust.

I understood and I understood dad. As I said in my post I am not doubting or saying either one of your opinions are wrong. I don't think the FO is going to draft another QB this coming year so we will see how he develops.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will have to agree to disagree , good debate

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If @tlance is using the one metric as he says he is, then he's absolutely correct. However, as I read the positions of those who created the test, they state that their results aren't the only metric that determines failure or success. I can't imagine players like Elway or Marino passing this test and yet they both did great things on the field of play.

It was a very interesting debate, time will, as it always does, be the final arbiter on Haskins.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If @tlance is using the one metric as he says he is, then he's absolutely correct. However, as I read the positions of those who created the test, they state that their results aren't the only metric that determines failure or success. I can't imagine players like Elway or Marino passing this test and yet they both did great things on the field of play.

It was a very interesting debate, time will, as it always does, be the final arbiter on Haskins.

I would bet Elway and Marino would have done great.

And of course other things matter.

A good score does not guarantee success, but there has yet to be a QB with a terrible score to succeed as more than a low end starter.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bet Elway and Marino would have done great.

And of course other things matter.

A good score does not guarantee success, but there has yet to be a QB with a terrible score to succeed as more than a low end starter.

As stated before, let's take a beat and allow time to become the final arbiter.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is any reason not to discuss the score. What I think would be helpful is if you could provide the scores of say these guys:

Russell Wilson
Kirk Cousins
Patrick Mahomes

All successful QBs and it would be interesting to see what their scores were.

I think this is a very interesting subject. We as fans and football types too talk about arm strength, accuracy, agility etc. as prime skills and they are but the number one skill in being a QB is the ability to process and execute information in 2 to 3 seconds max. That is what separates the men from the boys.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is any reason not to discuss the score. What I think would be helpful is if you could provide the scores of say these guys:

Russell Wilson
Kirk Cousins
Patrick Mahomes

All successful QBs and it would be interesting to see what their scores were.

I think this is a very interesting subject. We as fans and football types too talk about arm strength, accuracy, agility etc. as prime skills and they are but the number one skill in being a QB is the ability to process and execute information in 2 to 3 seconds max. That is what separates the men from the boys.

It is a new company. They have been testing players at the combine for the last 3 years, so the data set is still really small.

Mahomes was really good. And there really isn’t any possible way that Wilson wouldn’t score highly. That guy sees everything.

Cousins, I don’t know. Probably pretty good overall, but my guess is that he would score low in a couple areas. Just a guess though.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this gets better every minute , so we are using a metric that is a mere 3 years in the making . it has a very small data base , and that is what we are using to over ride what is being shown on the film, which shows in general that he is making the correct reads and choices ? and the film is also a very small sample to be honest as well

yesterday , in his crappy game , his reads and ability to decipher we not the issue . delivering the ball was

this is a young , inexperienced qb at this point . way to early for grand proclamations at this point

Sknzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins missed a some open guys yesterday for sure, but starting every drive 2nd and 9 after the mandatory Adrian Peterson 1 yard run on first down doesn't help either.