• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tua is done so draft chase young

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins missed a some open guys yesterday for sure, but starting every drive 2nd and 9 after the mandatory Adrian Peterson 1 yard run on first down doesn't help either.

he was off yesterday and that is fair , however he was on his game when it counted and that can be a good building block

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

now from what i gathered from this test is it can provide a blue print to teach someone to succeed in their sport and it is supposed to help with coaching

now how we got to a guy is too stupid to play , i dont know or he cant learn i dont know as well but 3 years is hardly enough time to make sweeping statements about a persons future based on that alone when film shows what he is doing as well if you know how to look at it

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with all these tests is people can prepare for the test. This has happened with Wonderlic, which I have scored perfect on after practicing. Many on here could score perfect after a little training.

The same thing with this test, if this test begins to be used.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with all these tests is people can prepare for the test. This has happened with Wonderlic, which I have scored perfect on after practicing. Many on here could score perfect after a little training.

The same thing with this test, if this test begins to be used.

You can’t prepare for this test.

It is nothing like those others. The same person can take it 20 times and their score won’t really improve.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now from what i gathered from this test is it can provide a blue print to teach someone to succeed in their sport and it is supposed to help with coaching

now how we got to a guy is too stupid to play , i dont know or he cant learn i dont know as well but 3 years is hardly enough time to make sweeping statements about a persons future based on that alone when film shows what he is doing as well if you know how to look at it

I am thinking you don’t
this gets better every minute , so we are using a metric that is a mere 3 years in the making . it has a very small data base , and that is what we are using to over ride what is being shown on the film, which shows in general that he is making the correct reads and choices ? and the film is also a very small sample to be honest as well

yesterday , in his crappy game , his reads and ability to decipher we not the issue . delivering the ball was

this is a young , inexperienced qb at this point . way to early for grand proclamations at this point

It is a lot more than 3 years in the making.

They started testing every prospect at the combine 3 years ago.

Big difference.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking you don’t

It is a lot more than 3 years in the making.

They started testing every prospect at the combine 3 years ago.

Big difference.
3 years of data whoopity do

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why you are shooting down the test dad. It doesn't really matter, he is going to sink or swim like any other player.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why you are shooting down the test dad. It doesn't really matter, he is going to sink or swim like any other player.

Exactly.

I am convinced the test is the real deal. Definitely not the only thing that matters, but it is important.

And I get why people are skeptical. And that is fine.

But you will see.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the test isnt the issue so much , its a tool, but not the end all be all

saying a player will be good or bad after 3 games is foolish

saying he is a bust because he is too dumb based on a test before he takes a snap is over dependence on analytics

certainly on a test that has 3 years of data , and has yet to show me anything on how its performed or any other matrix so i could even sniff at some real reliability

to me its a guess , just like me guessing haskins will be ok

so far on tape he is making some good choices and learning from bad ones

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t prepare for this test.

It is nothing like those others. The same person can take it 20 times and their score won’t really improve.

You can prepare for every test out there. Hell, if you prepare for an IQ test, you get better.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the test isnt the issue so much , its a tool, but not the end all be all

saying a player will be good or bad after 3 games is foolish

saying he is a bust because he is too dumb based on a test before he takes a snap is over dependence on analytics

certainly on a test that has 3 years of data , and has yet to show me anything on how its performed or any other matrix so i could even sniff at some real reliability

to me its a guess , just like me guessing haskins will be ok

so far on tape he is making some good choices and learning from bad ones

1) not saying Haskins is dumb. He isn’t. He has a low cognitive skill set. Many very smart people have pore visual processing skills and many dumb ones have high skills. There is no correlation between this and intelligence.
2) I said he would be bad before his first game. I have seen nothing to change my mind. But you can feel free to keep hope alive as long as you would like.
3) I have not labeled him a bust. I have said that he will eventually be labeled that way because of his visual processing skills.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can prepare for every test out there. Hell, if you prepare for an IQ test, you get better.

It is not an IQ test.

They perform a bunch of tasks in specifically targeted areas. Then they are measured against other athletes based on how they did in each task. Things like impulse control, multiple object tracking, etc. the tasks are difficult and the athletes are measured on speed and accuracy.

I don’t know all the details of all the tasks, but I know it is very different from all the Wonderlic style tests that are completely irrelevant for predicting how good an athlete will be.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the tests is to see if you are there for the victory formation snaps. :doh: :pound:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not an IQ test.

They perform a bunch of tasks in specifically targeted areas. Then they are measured against other athletes based on how they did in each task. Things like impulse control, multiple object tracking, etc. the tasks are difficult and the athletes are measured on speed and accuracy.

I don’t know all the details of all the tasks, but I know it is very different from all the Wonderlic style tests that are completely irrelevant for predicting how good an athlete will be.

You do realize the more you fight impulses, the better you get at fighting impulses. The more you track multiple objects, the better you get at tracking them.

My point is still the same. You can prepare for this test, just like every other test.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize the more you fight impulses, the better you get at fighting impulses. The more you track multiple objects, the better you get at tracking them.

My point is still the same. You can prepare for this test, just like every other test.

I am not saying someone can’t improve their score.

I am saying you can’t cram for the test.

The only way to get better is by improving the underlying skills, which is not easy. Not like the Wonderlic where you can study and get better. Some of the players have taken the test 3,4,5 times and their scores tend to average out to the same.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying someone can’t improve their score.

I am saying you can’t cram for the test.

The only way to get better is by improving the underlying skills, which is not easy. Not like the Wonderlic where you can study and get better. Some of the players have taken the test 3,4,5 times and their scores tend to average out to the same.

I didn't know Lamar's wonderlic but given how he speaks I figured pretty low. He only got a 13.

I'd be curious what he scored on the test you refer to.

I think some of his advances are obviously his but I also think a lot of his improvement are them planning to his skill set. Kudos to the Ravens for doing so

Haskins....(and well most everyone) obviously doesn't have the luxury of elite athleticism Lamar posseses tho.

That said perhaps Washington could scheme more to help Haskins along.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you scheme to not overthrow wide open receivers 5 or 6 times? The plays were there. Maybe it was a one time thing although so far his throwing high/over throw has been an issue at times. Hopefully fixable because it looks like there is something to work with.

What I see when I watch Wilson or Jackson are guys that can make plays with their feet or their arms but they know when to end a play also. We had a guy here who was dynamic like that but he did not know when to end a play. I think this would show on the test that has been mentioned. I think what has impressed me about Jackson is how accurate he has been.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know Lamar's wonderlic but given how he speaks I figured pretty low. He only got a 13.

I'd be curious what he scored on the test you refer to.

I think some of his advances are obviously his but I also think a lot of his improvement are them planning to his skill set. Kudos to the Ravens for doing so

Haskins....(and well most everyone) obviously doesn't have the luxury of elite athleticism Lamar posseses tho.

That said perhaps Washington could scheme more to help Haskins along.

He scored very high.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you scheme to not overthrow wide open receivers 5 or 6 times? The plays were there. Maybe it was a one time thing although so far his throwing high/over throw has been an issue at times. Hopefully fixable because it looks like there is something to work with.

What I see when I watch Wilson or Jackson are guys that can make plays with their feet or their arms but they know when to end a play also. We had a guy here who was dynamic like that but he did not know when to end a play. I think this would show on the test that has been mentioned. I think what has impressed me about Jackson is how accurate he has been.

haskins is young and is in the infancy of his career jackson struggled as a rookie and so has haskins . with proper coaching he can be a good qb for us . will that be enough for the fan base ? probably not

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haskins is young and is in the infancy of his career jackson struggled as a rookie and so has haskins . with proper coaching he can be a good qb for us . will that be enough for the fan base ? probably not

Lord knows what fans want. We had a good QB and half of the fan base didn't want him. Not sure that Bruce ever wanted him either. I am not sold on Haskins yet but I don't think he is a bust either. I am anxious to see how he plays the rest of the year. Those last two drives might have been HUGE for him.