• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

troy polamalu

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious, rep-worthy post. :)
However, the bolded part is completely wrong. :p

No, it's not. I personally know of dozens of Steelers fans who have never set foot in Pittsburgh.

steelcurtain

Hoopla Cash
$ 826.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Phap phap phap phap Give it to me Jerome Bettis!!.....where's my yellow towel?!?! Aaah aaah ooooooh.....damn."

I am Dayton malling you... lmao Now you got me pissed... Don't talk shit about my man Jerome... Thems fighting words.. I will beat you with my terrible towel kramer...

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's not. I personally know of dozens of Steelers fans who have never set foot in Pittsburgh.
90% of the Steeler fans I've met in Steeler bars around the country either grew up in Pittsburgh, or their parents did.

Real Steeler fans wouldn't choose to live in or around Cincy.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhh look, I figured you'd be over that dent I put in your little fetal forehead all those years ago. gimme a break, she never told me you were in there.

I'm not sure whether to laugh or be terrified.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot of douchebags around town here wearing Steelers gear. If I wore Bengals gear in downtown Pittsburg I might get assaulted, but around here you can wear anything. Most of the folks in Pittsburgh area were nice though, but I didn't wear any Reds/Bengals gear there.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I live in Kentucky and there are a ton of Steelers fans, none of whom have been near Pittsburgh.

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
I wasn't in the office the day the memo came out saying you had to be from a town, to be a fan of their team?
Guess I am not "legally" qualified to be a Steeler fan, since I only lived/grew up about 60 miles outside the city limits?

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There are circumstances to root for a team outside your area, although I think 60 miles is close enough to qualify as your home team. Maybe your family is from the area, something like that, but most of the time it's just because they're good. There's no earthly reason why a bunch of people from KY root for the Steelers. In the 90s you couldn't find a steelers fan around here. Now they're everywhere. That's bandwagon fans.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are missing the point..... Cincinnati and several other cities I have been to are littered with dudes that are wearing Steeler jerseys. Half of these guys were wearing Rams jerseys around 2000 and probably grew up rooting for the Cowboys in the nineties. It's really pretty sad.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is funny how sensitive Steeler fans are about the label "bandwagon."

If they don't believe it's true, how is it so easy to evoke a response by suggesting it?

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the whole idea of jumping bandwagons.....it's so much more fun to hate the Steelers, or anyone else who is a natural rival and wins consistently....I couldn't look at myself in the mirror if I sold out like that.....

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
Doug. You got it pretty right on there.
As Bengals fans, you're supposed to hate the Steelers, and vice versa.
And also a team that is a consistent winner, is going to attract bandwagon fans,
and haters as well.
We all just need to remember that it's just a game, and one that none of us "actually" play.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is funny how sensitive Steeler fans are about the label "bandwagon."

If they don't believe it's true, how is it so easy to evoke a response by suggesting it?
I'n not sensitive about it. Kramer and Vance posted their personal experiences with Steeler fans, as did I. Mine just happened to be vastly different.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by the way, I figured with your extensive computer/browser knowledge you might have heard of a bookmark. This is a simple devise that, in this case, allows the user to bypass the main page for the one portion of the site that is relevant to their interest. In this case we find that Bengals discussions are relevant to Bengals fans and therefore many of us have 'bookmarked' the Bengals board thereby bypassing the main page. On the other hand, the common Steeler fan is a bandwagoner that has never been to Pittsburgh. For this reason, they are naturally insecure and find the need to relieve their frustrations on message boards. These types of fans generally hang on the main board and wait for a "Steeler-Relevant" post - When given a chance to chime in, it makes this type of fan excited to "prove" that they are a true fan and not simply a frontrunning bandwagon douchebag.

LOL at fans who think it beneath them to look at the main page. Talk about tunnel-vision. Do ya turn off the news after the local stuff is over? Yeahhh...who needs to see that irrelevant world and national stuff...yecch! Everybody knows that the civilized world ends at the Hamilton County line.

steelcurtain

Hoopla Cash
$ 826.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
90% of the Steeler fans I've met in Steeler bars around the country either grew up in Pittsburgh, or their parents did.

Real Steeler fans wouldn't choose to live in or around Cincy.

:stfu: I choose to live here... And I am a Steeler fan.