• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more expensive or more resource intensive to get on a local county or city council than it is to run a national sacrificial lamb?
The national sacrificial lamb may get more attention. Lord knows I didn't know who the hell Jill Stein was until about September 2016 when Democrats already started bitching about her taking votes from Hillary.

Democracy is supposed to work by making a difference for people in their life that they can see. Being an annoying person nationally doesn't do that. And the National Behemoths love it. One more than the other.
Then cancel both major parties because 2 years ago the best they could come up with was literally two of the most annoying human beings on the planet.

/and I don't bitch and complain because I wrote in a giant panda who now resides in China for president in the 2016 election

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just don't bitch when the elected candidate railroads through some piece of legislation against all you hold near and dear.

What annoys me the most about it the votes could have helped the candidate less likely to do so, and a little critical thought could see that.

I agree that it sucks that we have only a choice between two parties, but each voter should focus on the one with a chance to get into power that you most agree with. Democrats do plenty I disagree with. But Republicans do almost nothing that I do agree with. And they get further away from that daily.

And if these people had started on a local level 30 years ago, enough people would have tangible facts to associate with their party. That party is the one who solved the _____ issue a few years back, etc.

Then cancel both major parties because 2 years ago the best they could come up with was literally two of the most annoying human beings on the planet.

They each ran against literally the only person they could have beaten. But people need to realize it's not the person you are voting for, it's the party. The person might be a shit stain, but the party can be far better or far worse.

Balderson's entire campaign was against Nancy Pelosi. And, it would seem, the people of my county.

I guess I am just an idealist. I still feel like change could be possible. And fucking up things just enough to continue putting the party least likely to change things into power is not the way there.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/and I don't bitch and complain because I wrote in a giant panda who now resides in China for president in the 2016 election

I'm sorry they took Xiang Yang Xiang away from you. Her pro bamboo platform made a lot of sense.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry they took Xiang Yang Xiang away from you. Her pro bamboo platform made a lot of sense.
There's an image for that.

popular-of-bamboo-platform-bed-with-this-is-bamboo-but-i-am-thinking-it-could-be-done-with-any-type-of.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the flip, if we could get China to pull all their foreign real estate investors out of the Canadian market I might be able to afford a back yard someday :think:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Support for democracy weak among Sweden's youngsters: survey

Well, that's interesting. I would probably like to know more about the goals of the survey and the detailed results. Could just as easily be Anarchist propaganda than a legit survey.

But yeah, I think world wide people are getting a tad fed up with Politicians infighting while real problems and their consequences mount.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Junior has made a mess out of this whole ordeal.
I read something about how miscalculating they have been when it comes to foreign affairs in the last year, from the APEC summit to the G8 to...whatever this was:

ea822f56-1b76-11e8-804d-87987865af94_4000x1584_173100.jpg

..and now this. My guess is we end up taking a shave on NAFTA soon so they can say they "successfully" got a deal done there despite the fact that by all appearances they've totally screwed that up too.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TORONTO, ON – Ontario Premier Doug Ford is claiming responsibility for torrential rains that Tuesday night, saying he summoned the chaotic weather event to “punish Toronto residents for their insubordination”.

The summoning, which battered the city for three hours, comes in response to protests regarding Ford’s recent City Council cuts. The rains were reportedly summoned during business hours Tuesday afternoon, using an arcane ancient ritual of unspecified and likely necromantic origin. According to anonymous sources, Ford prepared by “burning the Toronto flag and smoking the ashes.”

Ford reportedly targeted his mystical deluge at services he has previous expressed disdain for, namely public transit. Sources close to the premier report that, upon seeing footage of trapped streetcars and flooded subway stations, he bellowed “And thus, our mighty SUVs shall do donuts around the TTC’s watery grave”, then proceeded to cackle maniacally for twenty-five minutes.

Doug Ford calls down flood to punish Toronto for its insolence

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they do. I have never once seen a Libertarian or Green party candidate running for City Council or county commissioner. I have never seen one on a ballot for state senate. They only trot themselves out on major elections just so they can get their heads smashed in and "prove a point".

His platform was:
- Medicare for all
- Student Debt Relief
- Repeal Citizens United SCOTUS decision
- Investigation into election finance fraud in congress
- Increase minimum wage

And he took away enough votes from the other legitimate candidate who also wants all that to ensure it will NEVER happen.

If they really gave a shit about changing things, they would get involved at a local level and start making a difference in their constituents' lives and build support for real. Instead, they come out every few years and tip the needle to people who are against everything they believe in. Because they want to play victimized edgelords.

In summary, fuck the green party.

There are actually Green and other third party candidates who not only run, but get elected locally in Tucson. I voted for one of them, but I don't remember the position, because her platform made actual sense, was well-researched and fleshed out, and she legitimately seemed the most prepared and capable for the job.

Jill Stein and this loon don't fit that description, though, and they're running for much bigger positions than this local candidate, and that's super backwards.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are actually Green and other third party candidates who not only run, but get elected locally in Tucson. I voted for one of them, but I don't remember the position, because her platform made actual sense, was well-researched and fleshed out, and she legitimately seemed the most prepared and capable for the job.

Jill Stein and this loon don't fit that description, though, and they're running for much bigger positions than this local candidate, and that's super backwards.

I was hoping it existed.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously different than down there but BC's provincial (state) government is being propped up right now by the Greens there.

These parties do make inroads.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been waiting for a red dawn remake (not the 2013 version)

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This time russia has the nra and trump cultists on its side ... HOW WILL THE KIDS FIGHT BACK ??? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.