• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good. I made it into CBus around 3:30pm to pick my wife up from the hotel and we made a beeline to Parkersburg WV to visit some of her family, so I had my own hell to deal with.

So your wife referred to her own family as "those people"?

Yes. One of my go-to lines when she is feeling stressed is "We can try to see if we can find your birth family".

It's an even split. Her sister and her boyfriend are ok. Her younger brother and his wife are cool.

Older brother, his wife, their princess and both her parents are nuts.

So you didn't get a chance to check out any of my nosh suggestions? I guess you gotta come back.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think the tweets are showing an unhinged person now, just wait until Don Jr. and Jared get indicted...

jkbjub4k_15j89i7_1kv89l8.png

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...s-tell-us-who-they-are/?utm_source=reddit.com

But viewing their message boards, it’s clear that QAnon crosses a new frontier. In the black hole of conspiracy in which “Q” has plunged its followers, Trump only feigned collusion to create a pretense for the hiring of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, who is actually working as a “white hat,” or hero, to expose the Democrats. Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and George Soros are planning a coup — and traffic children in their spare time. J.P. Morgan, the American financier, sunk the Titanic.

giphy.gif

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to Gatlinburg, TN for a few days with the wife's family. And as a survivor, I am in therapy and making progress.

But there was one event that stands out to me. So, that part of Tennessee is a tourist trap created by Dolly Parton if you didn't know and it is DEEP in Trump country. There was a store that had a cardboard cutout of Trump and we sat and watched people walk up to it and pose for selfies with it. My son asked "What kind of person wants to take a picture with a cardboard cutout of that idiot?"

Well, this area had some novelty British looking red phone boxes. No phones in them just the red boxes. One of the people we had seen taking a photo with the Cardboard Dingleberry managed to lock himself in one and it took four of them to figure out how to get him out.

I pointed them out and my son just said "ah. That kind"

I also saw a wall of T-shirts that said "I stand for the flag, and kneel for the cross". Right next to a flag that was half confederate flag and half US flag.

But it's those damn football players that are disrespectful. Not the (made in China) flag that mixes the US flag with the flag of an enemy combatant. Noooo.
There's some beautiful camping to be had outside of Gatlinburg.

Just don't go into town.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just don't go into town.
Gatlinburg is the worst tourist trap. I like clingsman dome and the app trail but any further it is Myrtle Beach without the ocean. White trash everywhere.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just don't go into town.

Unfortunately, you have to go into town if you want to eat. And I enjoyed the ride up to the top of the hill on the ski lift. Some nice stuff to do, but the main drag was painful.

We had a house up in the hills, which was nice. We could hang out up there when we'd had enough of... all of it. Went on a great hike, and had fun with the kids in the science museum.

The last time through there was right after the fires. It was amazing the damage and how close to everything it was.

The house actually was on the other side of the mountain from the majority of the fire damage. The road up to the house went past the Highlands Condos which were completely destroyed. There are still burned out cars in driveways next to concrete foundations and there's nothing else there. We went to the "neighborhood" pool and everything on that side of the mountain was being rebuilt. The pool house and pool survived because of the parking lot and the ridge behind it, the fire rushed up the hill and sort of went around it.. There were over 600 homes on that hill, the woman at the pool said less than ten survived.

Condos was this:
hqdefault.jpg

Is now this:
maxresdefault.jpg

The house we stayed in was less than 2 miles from this (to the left of the burned photo). Not touched at all. Everything around the hill behind and to the right is gone. Like you said, madness how close everything was. Even nuttier how some stuff got destroyed and other things were completely untouched.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, you have to go into town if you want to eat. And I enjoyed the ride up to the top of the hill on the ski lift. Some nice stuff to do, but the main drag was painful.

We had a house up in the hills, which was nice. We could hang out up there when we'd had enough of... all of it. Went on a great hike, and had fun with the kids in the science museum.

The house actually was on the other side of the mountain from the majority of the fire damage. The road up to the house went past the Highlands Condos which were completely destroyed. There are still burned out cars in driveways next to concrete foundations and there's nothing else there. We went to the "neighborhood" pool and everything on that side of the mountain was being rebuilt. The pool house and pool survived because of the parking lot and the ridge behind it, the fire rushed up the hill and sort of went around it.. There were over 600 homes on that hill, the woman at the pool said less than ten survived.

Condos was this:
hqdefault.jpg

Is now this:
maxresdefault.jpg

The house we stayed in was less than 2 miles from this (to the left of the burned photo). Not touched at all. Everything around the hill behind and to the right is gone. Like you said, madness how close everything was. Even nuttier how some stuff got destroyed and other things were completely untouched.
Seeing chimney tops totally burned out was depressing.

As for going into those areas to eat, yeah my family didn’t fit in with those people.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah my family didn’t fit in with those people.

Half my wife's family does.

And the rest of us love people watching. :thumb:

We did try to find some out of the way places. The Mexican market/lunch counter we found was really good. We also found a burger and chicken joint that was really good. Hardly anyone in either place.

I wouldn't be caught dead in a place like Dixie Stampede, or one of the Paula Deen restaurants.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half my wife's family does.

And the rest of us love people watching. :thumb:

We did try to find some out of the way places. The Mexican market/lunch counter we found was really good. We also found a burger and chicken joint that was really good. Hardly anyone in either place.

I wouldn't be caught dead in a place like Dixie Stampede, or one of the Paula Deen restaurants.
We went to the best italian restaurant. they actually had foreigners working at it so it wasn't bad.
Then the one place we did not go anywhere near is Cooters that was a Confederate circle jerk...

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a lot of stories but I never thought they were true. My girlfriend/niece broke up with me so I decided to pack my Charmed box set up and go camping. I got in late the first night so I just pitched my tent (huge tent, just terrific) and went to sleep.
The next morning I smelled a musky scent but not a bad scent. And I saw large footprints around my campsite. I decided to go for a swim. After my swim I oiled up because mountain lakes dry my skin out. I heard

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
k12f9cg32sd11.jpg

Good try guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.