• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was anyone other than Hannity, I'd think they're putting everything up there out of fairness and/or completeness.

But since it's Hannity, it's probably fair to say that he considers something like "Housing as a human right" to be somehow controversial.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the Hannitty sheeple want to know where the money is going to come from. Well if you don't waste money on a wall guess what it will magically appear.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White House supports law that says 3D guns are illegal - CNNPolitics

Chris W. Cox, executive director of the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action, released a statement Tuesday underscoring the larger point made by Trump earlier.
"Regardless of what a person may be able to publish on the Internet, undetectable plastic guns have been illegal for 30 years," Cox said. "Federal law passed in 1988, crafted with the NRA's support, makes it unlawful to manufacture, import, sell, ship, deliver, possess, transfer, or receive an undetectable firearm."

Oops....
https://splinternews.com/there-are-terrifying-new-guns-coming-and-the-nra-could-1827828848

So NRA which one is it?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to Gatlinburg, TN for a few days with the wife's family. And as a survivor, I am in therapy and making progress.

But there was one event that stands out to me. So, that part of Tennessee is a tourist trap created by Dolly Parton if you didn't know and it is DEEP in Trump country. There was a store that had a cardboard cutout of Trump and we sat and watched people walk up to it and pose for selfies with it. My son asked "What kind of person wants to take a picture with a cardboard cutout of that idiot?"

Well, this area had some novelty British looking red phone boxes. No phones in them just the red boxes. One of the people we had seen taking a photo with the Cardboard Dingleberry managed to lock himself in one and it took four of them to figure out how to get him out.

I pointed them out and my son just said "ah. That kind"

I also saw a wall of T-shirts that said "I stand for the flag, and kneel for the cross". Right next to a flag that was half confederate flag and half US flag.

But it's those damn football players that are disrespectful. Not the (made in China) flag that mixes the US flag with the flag of an enemy combatant. Noooo.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to Gatlinburg, TN for a few days with the wife's family. And as a survivor, I am in therapy and making progress.

You play the world's coolest mini golf course? I think you ride a little coal car or a funicular to get to it.

I also saw a wall of T-shirts that said "I stand for the flag, and kneel for the cross". Right next to a flag that was half confederate flag and half US flag.

I'm no James Neal fan, but I don't think we need to crucify the guy. ;)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You play the world's coolest mini golf course? I think you ride a little coal car or a funicular to get to it.

No, while everyone else was playing it, it was decided that I had the honor of getting my father in law dinner and delivering it it up the mountain.

But while everyone else was listening to my brother in law throw a hissy fit about how his putter must have been broken or some damn thing, after we dropped off the food me and Mrs 43 had a really nice, quiet dinner in this awesome hole in the wall Mexican place.

We went there once like 18 years ago and we got dragged to Dixie Stampede like the second (of 5) night. My Father in law was angry for the rest of the trip because the night we went to the Stampede, the North won.

So this time, my younger brother in law and his wife went. This time, the south won. And my FIL was pissed off that he wasn't there to see it.

I was joking with BIL the younger about how awful it would be if the south won.
- Rampant Racism
- Governance by boy's club
- Out of control nepotism
- Glorification of kid touchers
- Dimwitted, isolationist leadership without even a basic understanding of a global economy
- "Leadership" replaced with "He good at pissin' off dem <insert racial or ethnic slur>"
- People suggesting everyone be armed in response to everything including traffic disputes

*shudder*

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the Hannitty sheeple want to know where the money is going to come from. Well if you don't waste money on a wall guess what it will magically appear.
especially if you don't then allocate it to buying someone a place to live

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Several thoughts:
(1) Trump just said his collusion was the most successful in American history. Learn basic grammar.
(2) The dossier was not even on the FBI's radar screen when they started the investigation.
(3) Does Trump seriously not understand that the more he talks about it the more guilty? When this whole thing started I doubted Trump actually did anything illegal. ME! The guy who has repeatedly said he hopes Trump chokes on a cheeseburger and dies. But given that for the past year everything he says is later found out to be a lie, I have to believe he did something totally illegal now.

What a fucking moron.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It has already been ruled that the tweets from the President are official communication, so did this buffoon just commit Obstruction of Justice ON THE RECORD?

He just called for his attorney general to fire the investigator looking into his activity.

How is that NOT obstruction of justice?

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But there was one event that stands out to me. So, that part of Tennessee is a tourist trap created by Dolly Parton if you didn't know and it is DEEP in Trump country. There was a store that had a cardboard cutout of Trump and we sat and watched people walk up to it and pose for selfies with it. My son asked "What kind of person wants to take a picture with a cardboard cutout of that idiot?"

Well, this area had some novelty British looking red phone boxes. No phones in them just the red boxes. One of the people we had seen taking a photo with the Cardboard Dingleberry managed to lock himself in one and it took four of them to figure out how to get him out.

I pointed them out and my son just said "ah. That kind"

But it's those damn football players that are disrespectful. Not the (made in China) flag that mixes the US flag with the flag of an enemy combatant. Noooo.
To put this in perspective, I gave 43 an out...he could have stayed in Columbus and met me in person.

This is what he chose.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...need-id-to-buy-groceries-in-the-us-you-do-not

"If you go out and you want to buy groceries, you need a picture on a card. You need ID."

:wtf:

Even if you did, why is this relevant? I hate people that make these "you need it to get alcohol, why not to vote?" comments. That's like saying you drive a car to work, you should be required to have one to visit a park.

Voting is a precious right once you are of age. Buying alcohol is a right once you are of age. As the importance of the issues is different, it's okay to have two different processes involved in how they are handled.

It's really not a hard concept to understand, especially if you ANY knowledge of history and how voting rights have been repeatedly manipulated, especially for minorities and the poor.

Different things can work different ways.

That's the concept Republicans can't understand on this. It's not hard. The Supreme Court literally requires it depending on the circumstances. Different things can work different ways.

Since we can't discuss complex policy solutions, let's at least get the Sesame Street level shit out of the way.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we can't discuss complex policy solutions, let's at least get the Sesame Street level shit out of the way.

giphy.gif

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But the Post is fake news... soooooooooooooo..............................?

Also, he's an op/ed writer. haha.

Forget diffferent things can work different ways. Let's start off with just different things are different and see if we can get that down.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It has already been ruled that the tweets from the President are official communication, so did this buffoon just commit Obstruction of Justice ON THE RECORD?

He just called for his attorney general to fire the investigator looking into his activity.

How is that NOT obstruction of justice?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think the tweets are showing an unhinged person now, just wait until Don Jr. and Jared get indicted...

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To put this in perspective, I gave 43 an out...he could have stayed in Columbus and met me in person.

This is what he chose.

I believe the exact quote from Mrs 43 when I told her I was staying behind in Columbus to have lunch with an invisible friend was "You are not sending me up against those people without backup".

So I was voluntold to go.

You think the tweets are showing an unhinged person now, just wait until Don Jr. and Jared get indicted...

It will be something. But...

It's like the people who are finally starting to wake up and realize the grifter he is. They voted for him and they are losing their livelihood. I want to point and laugh at them and say "ha! Idiot!".

The problem with it is, you can't really stand by and smugly watch because the boat anchor is around all of our necks. And we're all going down.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the exact quote from Mrs 43 when I told her I was staying behind in Columbus to have lunch with an invisible friend was "You are not sending me up against those people without backup".

So I was voluntold to go.
It's all good. I made it into CBus around 3:30pm to pick my wife up from the hotel and we made a beeline to Parkersburg WV to visit some of her family, so I had my own hell to deal with.

So your wife referred to her own family as "those people"?

Status
Not open for further replies.