• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Alberta thinks it's tough to get pipelines built within Canada while still being a part of Canada, it's going to be near impossible to get pipelines built not being part of Canada.

These people seem to have a non-existent knowledge of geography.. or political science, or english, orr... you get my drift. Yeah, separation is not magically going to get a pipeline built.

Reminds me of the old joke:

Why were the newfies so happy at the thought of Quebec separating?

Because they wanted to be closer to Toronto!!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These people seem to have a non-existent knowledge of geography.. or political science, or english, orr... you get my drift. Yeah, separation is not magically going to get a pipeline built.

Reminds me of the old joke:

Why were the newfies so happy at the thought of Quebec separating?

Because they wanted to be closer to Toronto!!

It's funny you mention Newfies because they way they voted on Monday has raised the ire of Albertans.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The online MAGA movement tried to take down Canada’s Justin Trudeau. It fell short.

Three years after Donald Trump’s campaign slogan became a viral meme, the nationalist expression — Make America Great Again — has been exported globally, as a mantra for right-wing forces reshaping online discourse all over the world.

But in Canada, where the national election Monday became a magnet for throngs of Twitter accounts that used the MAGA label to pummel Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, the online racket did not have its desired effect. Trudeau’s Liberal Party was expected to retain power, though in a minority government, according to projections from the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.

The result suggested that viral disinformation taking root in online political discourse may not always transform behavior at the ballot box.

In the months leading up to the election, thousands of accounts identifying as part of the online, pro-Trump community spouted conspiracy-tinged, anti-Trudeau invective, often using the hashtag #TrudeauMustGo.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...01e282-f1ef-11e9-89eb-ec56cd414732_story.html

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So whaddya think... do we have the future makings of USA post 2008 election? We have reputation of being 10 years behind them so are we just catching up? :think:

PPC = Tea Party ???

We have “aggrieved” provinces with citizens who are economically anxious ... perhaps looking for a group of people to blame ?

Our reality star guy Kevin o leary has already been involved in the death of someone (a lake as opposed to on 5th avenue) and got away with it :think:

I guess the saving grace (if u wanna call it that - lol) is 65% of our “divided” country voted for parties on the centre to left side of the spectrum

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going camping this weekend, when do I get my $2000 camping cheque?

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as they build a wall around Lethbridge, I don't really care one way or the other if Alberta secedes.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a wall around Colorado now that Kadri is there :D

Status
Not open for further replies.