• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the CNN building has to be evacuated due to a pipe bomb scare and the POTUS constantly calls the press "The enemy of the people" (straight out of the Hitler playbook), it's difficult for me to have much sympathy for the president.
Like I said, it's okay to both think he's an asshole regarding the press and the press can on its own give itself a bad image.

Let's put it this way - Acosta has become almost a joke with regards to his interactions with the president. This isn't close to the first time an interaction between the two became a story and it's not the first time where you can say Acosta doesn't really come out looking like that much of a victim.

Trump's been president for 2 years now. At what point does CNN not have a responsibility to make a change and put someone who may be better at dealing with this president and his administration at the WH instead of him? At what point do we just assume they leave him there because once in a while he becomes the news and really they're just fine with that? On any given day, CNN's website is filled with auto-playing clips of "Cuomo gets MAD at [insert Trump crony]" or "Don Lemon SHUSHES GOP candidate". Minutes after this incident, Acosta's twitter timeline was loaded with retweets from outside media people talking about this.

I'm fine with people pressing Trump. They should be. I'm not fine with media people trying to be the news, especially regular correspondents whose names we should barely remember. Trump plays a part in that but it's not like CNN's tried to get around it in any reasonable way.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trump's been president for 2 years now. At what point does CNN not have a responsibility to make a change and put someone who may be better at dealing with this president and his administration at the WH instead of him?

I wonder what Trump's reaction would be if CNN did replace Acosta - No doubt he would claim victory and say something along the lines of he made little Jim Acosta run home to him mommy.

At what point do we just assume they leave him there because once in a while he becomes the news and really they're just fine with that?

It's a shame that ratings appear to be more important than reporting news, but you have to think that not replacing Acosta is a strategic decision by CNN to get more eyeballs on their network.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Acosta/Trump is strictly entertainment. CNN knows that and will not let him go because they consider it a win for their ratings.
Trump with his base win's either way:
1. If Acosta goes, as stated, Trump can say he got him removed.
2. If Acosta stays, he continues to be Trumps punching bag for the "fake news" narrative.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what Trump's reaction would be if CNN did replace Acosta - No doubt he would claim victory and say something along the lines of he made little Jim Acosta run home to him mommy.

The mental gymnastics that would accompany Acosta leaving CNN and joining Fox would truly be a sight to behold.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good bye Jeff Sessions...

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good bye Jeff Sessions...

giphy.gif

Moss-Popcorn.gif

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're correct...you don't understand the self sufficiency of the rural populace. That's on you...
That's a nice perception, but no.

Rural areas also received more per capita in Federal agricultural and natural resource funds than urban areas did in FY 2005 (the most recent year for which accurate county-level data are available). Activities covered by this funding (agricultural payments, agricultural research and services, forest and land management, and water and recreational resources) tend to be land intensive, and rural communities encompass about 75 percent of the Nation’s land area. But funds from agricultural and natural resource programs were dwarfed by those from income security programs in FY 2005. Income security, including Social Security, Medicare, and other Federal income support, comprised nearly 70 percent of Federal spending in rural areas, far surpassing its 57-percent share in urban areas.

USDA ERS - Federal Funding in Rural America Goes Far Beyond Agriculture

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Jimbo can track down Lindsey and get his thoughts on today's news...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm positive the presidential pardon is already signed, but at least we can enjoy Don Jr. squirming a little, right?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well nevermind the Acosta/Trump circus. The one scenario that I didn’t think would happen did revoking his hard pass.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trump is so triggered by acosta that white house staff had to suspend his credentials. He had trump on the edge today.

Status
Not open for further replies.