• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't there a statute of limitations on sex assaults?

I don't think the FBI could do anything about it anyway if that's the case so what's the point of the FBI investigating?
I don't think he could face criminal charges, but the FBI is responsible for doing the background checks on all government officials who have any type of security clearance.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think the FBI could do anything about it anyway if that's the case so what's the point of the FBI investigating?

I think at this point it's more of an issue of Judge Kavanaugh possibly lying about the alleged incident - I think you are right BBB about the statute of limitations.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Statute of limitations in Maryland is 7 years post event or 3 years post event if both parties are adults.

The FBI can investigate:
1) Lying about the assault on previous applications for security clearance, which he needed to work in the White House.
2) Any attempts to pay off the victim to stay quiet

Plus there's the whole matter of willfully lying under oath. Not sure that is specifically FBI Jurisdiction, but they can probably help work it out. Lying under oath may affect his status with the Bar.

The big issue is that the Senate nor the victim has the authority to ask for them to investigate the matter. Only the White House does. So if Trump tells the FBI not to, they are in a sticky situation of obeying or picking it up on their own via the "anonymous informant" angle. Even though it's not anonymous. Essentially, all they can do is re-open security clearance review unless they have evidence of bribery to look at.

He will likely never be prosecuted, but it could have him lose security clearance (and he has all but admitted he was there with his "horseplay" comment), which would affect his nomination.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose I'd add too that the FBI and it's resources could be the most legitimate way - short of a confession or unequivocal retraction - to determine the credibility of the accusation.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
41803744_868732176664806_2627947019334844416_n.jpg

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Similar slayings draw vastly different political reaction

After Tibbetts' death, Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds said residents were angry "that a broken immigration system allowed a predator like this to live in our community." She also said she might be open to considering a plan to require Iowa employers to use the government's E-Verify system to check their workers' eligibility to be in the U.S., although it's not clear whether that would have prevented the farm from hiring Rivera.

On Tuesday, Reynolds referred to Barquin's death as "horrific" and "senseless" but said it was premature to determine whether any changes needed to be made to keep young women safe.

Yet no outrage over the fact this guy was left out of prison many times to get his "life" back on track.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I think at this point it's more of an issue of Judge Kavanaugh possibly lying about the alleged incident - I think you are right BBB about the statute of limitations.

hasn't he been caught lying several times during the hearings?
aren't they under oath so that's perjury anyway?

was kind of confused about that.
it won't change GOP votes of course, but thought there might be repercussions

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hasn't he been caught lying several times during the hearings?
aren't they under oath so that's perjury anyway?

was kind of confused about that.
it won't change GOP votes of course, but thought there might be repercussions

If they vote him in anyway and the Democrats retake the house, he can be impeached and removed because of the lies.Years of theater.

Unfortunately, the people who voted for him despite knowing he's lying will keep THEIR jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.