• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trevor Bauer suspended 2 years

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A suspension is a suspension. Was ARod charged with a crime for his steroid use? He was suspended for over a season for it.
MLB does not need criminal charges to suspend players for violation of the morals clause. Bauer's suspension will likely stand, although the appeal might get it shortened.
This sort of behavior might just keep teams from signing him. No one needs this negative publicity.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Trevor Bauer violated the morals clause in the standard baseball contract. Most of the Steroid guys weren't charged in criminal court.
And Pete was not allowed to play or manage again -- he was given a lifetime suspension.
The morals clause is potentially legit. That is pretty much a wild card in favor of the teams. Though, as I stated up thread, there is evidence (not proof) that she specifically asked him to do the shit he did.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but no one chokes a person into unconsciousness, anally penetrates them and beats them. That is no proper behavior and will violate the morals clause.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A suspension is a suspension. Was ARod charged with a crime for his steroid use? He was suspended for over a season for it.
MLB does not need criminal charges to suspend players for violation of the morals clause. Bauer's suspension will likely stand, although the appeal might get it shortened.
This sort of behavior might just keep teams from signing him. No one needs this negative publicity.
I think I mistook the tone of your previous posts. If so, I apologize.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I mistook the tone of your previous posts. If so, I apologize.
Bauer's behavior is something that has gotten him into trouble in the past. He is definitely a loose cannon. He is the epitome of the "Million Dollar Arm, 5 Cent Head".
Don't fret it. Things happen.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but no one chokes a person into unconsciousness, anally penetrates them and beats them. That is no proper behavior and will violate the morals clause.
I agree. But if she specifically asked him to do that to her, it does muddy the water a bit.

For him, in his position as a “celebrity” making the kind of money he was making, doing it is still super stupid. Especially to a chick he already had a very contentious relationship with.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But if she specifically asked him to do that to her, it does muddy the water a bit.

For him, in his position as a “celebrity” making the kind of money he was making, doing it is still super stupid. Especially to a chick he already had a very contentious relationship with.
You are right about that. This is why criminal charges were not continued.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the same day Trevor Bauer was handed an unprecedented two-season suspension without pay Friday by Major League Baseball for violating the league's domestic violence and sexual assault policy, another woman, in an interview with the Washington Post, accused the Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher of choking her unconscious without her consent dozens of times during their years-long sexual relationship.

She is the third known woman to accuse Bauer of sexual assault, and spoke with MLB as part of its investigation into Bauer's conduct before the league issued its discipline. Bauer has vowed to challenge the suspension before Martin Scheinman, baseball's independent arbitrator, who is faced with deciding whether commissioner Rob Manfred had "just cause'' for the discipline under the domestic violence policy agreed to in 2015.

The woman, from Columbus, Ohio, said she is willing to testify in the arbitration hearing, the Post reported.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the same day Trevor Bauer was handed an unprecedented two-season suspension without pay Friday by Major League Baseball for violating the league's domestic violence and sexual assault policy, another woman, in an interview with the Washington Post, accused the Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher of choking her unconscious without her consent dozens of times during their years-long sexual relationship.

She is the third known woman to accuse Bauer of sexual assault, and spoke with MLB as part of its investigation into Bauer's conduct before the league issued its discipline. Bauer has vowed to challenge the suspension before Martin Scheinman, baseball's independent arbitrator, who is faced with deciding whether commissioner Rob Manfred had "just cause'' for the discipline under the domestic violence policy agreed to in 2015.

The woman, from Columbus, Ohio, said she is willing to testify in the arbitration hearing, the Post reported.
“Dozens of times”.

I can MAYBE understand him getting an opportunity to do it a second time. MAYBE.

But dozens of times? Radar is blipping big time here.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Dozens of times”.

I can MAYBE understand him getting an opportunity to do it a second time. MAYBE.

But dozens of times? Radar is blipping big time here.
Hey...I didn't write the story, dude.....I'm just being the messenger here.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Karen is triggered again....^ resorting to making things up, then doling out negs.

Typical Karen type shit.

Whether it's sports, politics, tv/entertainment....yada yada yada.

Hahahahahaha.

C'mon Man.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should left her a gift basket like golden boy jeter

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officially reinstated after suspension reduced to 194 games, and time served.

LA is expected to release him, despite the fact that they'll still be on the hook for the luxury tax hit.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officially reinstated after suspension reduced to 194 games, and time served.

LA is expected to release him, despite the fact that they'll still be on the hook for the luxury tax hit.

My question is, what team will take him? The PR hit from the fans would be pretty significant.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is, what team will take him? The PR hit from the fans would be pretty significant.

Red Sox should sign him

They are desperate enough

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox should sign him

They are desperate enough

I think a lot of teams are desperate enough, because a lot of teams have mediocre or poor rotations. I don't think a lot of those teams want the backlash from their fans that signing him would bring.