• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trestman

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Cutler banged his daughters. I could probably forgive Trestman if that was reality.

When Trestman first got the job, I heard murmurings that Cutler was hard to work with. And Trestman's best trait was his ability to get the most out of QBs, so if Cutler wasn't cooperating, it didn't surprise me things didn't work out.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Trestman first got the job, I heard murmurings that Cutler was hard to work with. And Trestman's best trait was his ability to get the most out of QBs, so if Cutler wasn't cooperating, it didn't surprise me things didn't work out.

If you have any friends that are Bears fans, casually use the phrase "Quarterback whisperer" around them and wait for the fireworks.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go figure, a Bears fan that doesn't like my pointing out the possibility it was the players on the team who might have been at fault, and not the coach, thinks I'm not good at trolling? I wasn't trolling. Just stating my opinion, but it always ends up being trolling because there are so many dumbfukks out there who have no clue how to communicate like human beings, and I have no problem turning it back on people when they turn towards retardation.

I don't think anyone is saying the players from that time deserve no blame. And certainly there were other coaches on staff that weren't good.

But Trestman was the man getting paid to run it and it failed under his watch.

The Bears under Lovie Smith had a solid locker room. And the players, even when they sucked, always played hard for Lovie and his staffs.

Under Trestman.....that deteriorated. The locker room became a circus and you could see players on the field actually quitting and giving a piss poor effort.

This was talking about in local media a lot. Beat reporters would make remarks about how soft practice was and make hints at what players had to say about it.

As for you turning it back on people....you're failing because you're an idiot.

Why is it ONLY at Chicago, he was a problem?

It wasn't the only stop in his career where he had issues. Do better research.

Sounds like a dumpster fire smoldering just waiting to flare up, and your bunch of quitters acted like babies when they didn't get a coach that, I don't know, kissed the players asses?

Lovie Smith didn't kiss his players asses. He was a very respected coach that players loved to play for and always played hard for. In terms of x's and o's and getting wins he wasn't always the best but he had the buy in from his roster.

All you're doing here is talking out of your ass and looking silly for it.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have any friends that are Bears fans, casually use the phrase "Quarterback whisperer" around them and wait for the fireworks.

No chance anyone I'd know is a Bears fan. Vikes for sure, a few Packers fans, the rare Raiders or Cowboys fan, but don't know any Bears fans. Closest to that would be my father, who grew up a Bears/Gophers fan until he moved to Minnesota. A few years after moving here the Vikes started up.

But I can imagine, lol. Still think the evidence points to Cutler being the problem, more than Trestman, but it doesn't really matter to me either way. I won either way, if he had done well there, would have been another former Gopher who found NFL coaching success, but if he did badly, well, no self respecting Vikes fan likes the Bears, so... lol I was like the only Vikes fan I knew of though who would have been ok with the Bears doing well, because I'm ten times more of a Gopher fan than I am a Vikes fan. Was different when Bud Grant was coaching them and they had guys like Carl Eller on the team. Never understood why they didn't make sure to get Dungy on board as their head coach? I cheered for Indy more than I did the Vikes while Dungy was the Colts coach.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trestman was offensive coordinator in Cleveland in 1989. That team finished 14th in points scored.

In 95/96 he held the same title in SF....and had better results. He also had Steve Young and an already established offense.

OC in Arizona in 98 through 2000.....15th, 30th, and 29th in points scored.

2002-03 with the Raiders....2nd in points the first year and then 26th the second.

With the Bears he called plays and his two seasons they finished 2nd in points scored and then 23rd.

In Baltimore....25th and somewhere around that when he got shitcanned the following season.

So a majority of the time his teams finished in the bottom half of the league in scoring points. But yeah....he's awesome.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I can imagine, lol. Still think the evidence points to Cutler being the problem, more than Trestman, but it doesn't really matter to me either way. I won either way, if he had done well there, would have been another former Gopher who found NFL coaching success, but if he did badly, well, no self respecting Vikes fan likes the Bears, so... lol I was like the only Vikes fan I knew of though who would have been ok with the Bears doing well, because I'm ten times more of a Gopher fan than I am a Vikes fan. Was different when Bud Grant was coaching them and they had guys like Carl Eller on the team. Never understood why they didn't make sure to get Dungy on board as their head coach? I cheered for Indy more than I did the Vikes while Dungy was the Colts coach.

No one cares.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trestman was offensive coordinator in Cleveland in 1989. That team finished 14th in points scored.

In 95/96 he held the same title in SF....and had better results. He also had Steve Young and an already established offense.

OC in Arizona in 98 through 2000.....15th, 30th, and 29th in points scored.

2002-03 with the Raiders....2nd in points the first year and then 26th the second.

With the Bears he called plays and his two seasons they finished 2nd in points scored and then 23rd.

In Baltimore....25th and somewhere around that when he got shitcanned the following season.

So a majority of the time his teams finished in the bottom half of the league in scoring points. But yeah....he's awesome.

And yet Chicago hired him. lol

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About Da Bears, lol.

Lots of people care about the Bears.

No one, literally no one, cares about you.

Your jokes lame and you're an idiot.

Not sure what's worse....your odd Gopher fascination that you apparently need to keep telling everyone about, your lame stories, or your obviously low IQ.

Last edited:

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of people care about the Bears.

No one, literally no one, cares about you.

Your jokes lame and you're an idiot.

Not sure what's worse....your odd Gopher fascination that you apparently need to keep telling everyone about, your lame stories, or your obviously low IQ.

LOL. Pathetic. And EVERYONE cares about you? lol What you come here looking for friends? ha ha. Loser.

Don't like me ragging on your pro fb team, so you insult my intelligence? WOW. Not surprising I guess.

Believe me, I'd bet my IQ is higher than yours.

So who are all these people who care about the Bears, all the murdering thugs on the streets of Chicago?

17 ssns since 1996 the Bear pups couldn't win more games than they lost. Only 7 winning seasons in the same time period. So lots of people be caring about a bunch of losers, eh?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And EVERYONE cares about you?

When did I say that?

Believe me, I'd bet my IQ is higher than yours.

Name your price and let's bet. There are tests all over the internet we can take. I'm happy to screenshot my results.

Don't like me ragging on your pro fb team, so you insult my intelligence? WOW. Not surprising I guess.

You can rag on them all you want. Freedom of speech being what it is. I'm within my right to argue back....that's how message boards work.

I insult your lack of intelligence because you lack intelligence...not because you insult the Bears. I know plenty of smart people that hate the Bears....you aren't one of them.

So who are all these people who care about the Bears, all the murdering thugs on the streets of Chicago?

I'd assume a good percentage of the thugs around Chicago are Bears fan, yes.

17 ssns since 1996 the Bear pups couldn't win more games than they lost. Only 7 winning seasons in the same time period. So lots of people be caring about a bunch of losers, eh?

Yes lots of people be caring, my brotha.

The Cleveland Browns average like 5 wins a season....yet have one of the most rabid fanbases in all of sports. You don't have to win to have fans.

Tell me again how smart you are?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting to hear how pro teams losing make college teams better.

If you could elaborate on that genius logic I'd appreciate it.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I say that?

Name your price and let's bet. There are tests all over the internet we can take. I'm happy to screenshot my results.

You can rag on them all you want. Freedom of speech being what it is. I'm within my right to argue back....that's how message boards work.

I insult your lack of intelligence because you lack intelligence...not because you insult the Bears. I know plenty of smart people that hate the Bears....you aren't one of them.

I'd assume a good percentage of the thugs around Chicago are Bears fan, yes.

Yes lots of people be caring.

The Cleveland Browns average like 5 wins a season....yet have one of the most rabid fanbases in all of sports. You don't have to win to have fans.

Tell me again how smart you are?

OMG, what will I do, ONE idiot on the internet claims I am not intelligent, so it HAS TO BE TRUE, right? lol

STFU you nutjob.

I don't give a sh1t about you or your lame ass pro fb team, or your DERANGEMENT syndrome you have towards Trestman, or your opinion about whether I am intelligent or not. TRULY intelligent people do not judge people's intelligence that they met online over a couple comments made in a sports discussion forum.

Jiddy tried to inject some humor, the rest of you are humorless losers with some degree of derangement syndrome who all take your pro sports fandom WAY too seriously. Bunch of Leftists maybe? lol

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not claiming your not intelligent.

You’re proving not to be with the words you type.

You’ve presented the evidence all on your own.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch of Leftists maybe? lol

Cant speak for anyone else here but I’m an independent.

But also I fail to see what that has to do with the conversation. You’re a weird dude. Stupid and weird is a toxic combination.