• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trestman Gone Too

thunderspirit

KFFL expatriate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Radio reports out of Chicago are that the Kroemer termination was punitive.

The Bears' other assistant coaches have reportedly all been told to look for work, but they're still on staff because they still have contracts, and that's the way every NFL team does things because of those contracts: if another team hires them, the first team is no longer on the hook for the remainder of the money on those deals.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so it's clear: It's all about contracts. And smart business move.
IMO: Kromer was fired for cause- actions detrimental to team... And as a statement- We don't want anything to do with you.
Matt Cavanaugh is out of contract. FREE agent now.

Other assistant coaches are still under contract- if they fired them- They would owe them the remainder of their contract.
But they have been permitted to seek work elsewhere- IF they are hired by other teams the Bears would not have to pay them. (or a small buyout)
Also
The new HC MIGHT... want to retain them, like a position coach. IF they do then they are already under contract everything is good.

I DON'T see ANY WAY Any HC coming in here would feel like Tucker or DeCamillis would be a guy they would want.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder- THANK YOU. You beat me too it. At least someone reads, listens, and understands some basics of how things work.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I think he converted to the New England Patriots.

But really, I don't know what happened to him. I am guessing he got himself banned. I'm sort of annoyed at the whole banning thing...I mean, yeah there have been guys that annoyed/annoy me, but I'm not really in favor of banning them, just ignore them if you can't take it. By and large I wish they banned fewer people.

With one exception being that complete and utter douchebag Packer troll...I can't believe I have forgotten his name...and I don't mean all of the Packer trolls, just that one dude. I can't remeber his name but I am sure if I saw it again I would recall it in a heartbeat. He is the only guy whose banning I totally was in favor of.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good day... Also reports that Ted Philips will be moved to business operations and out of Football stuff.
Clean slate!!! Get it right this time!

That would be awesome if true! Joey I hope you're right!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he converted to the New England Patriots.

But really, I don't know what happened to him. I am guessing he got himself banned. I'm sort of annoyed at the whole banning thing...I mean, yeah there have been guys that annoyed/annoy me, but I'm not really in favor of banning them, just ignore them if you can't take it. By and large I wish they banned fewer people.

With one exception being that complete and utter douchebag Packer troll...I can't believe I have forgotten his name...and I don't mean all of the Packer trolls, just that one dude. I can't remeber his name but I am sure if I saw it again I would recall it in a heartbeat. He is the only guy whose banning I totally was in favor of.

It actually takes quite a bit to get banned from this site. You can get banned from specific boards (team boards) pretty easy. Team boards are off limits for this reason. No trolling team boards, and that is generally up to the residents of that board. Creating an Alternate account will get you banned immediately and rightfully so. That is a great rule. That's where most get banned. They get a timeout and think they can sneak back in. Alts are automatic.

I think they do a pretty good job weeding out the fucks who bring nothing to the table.