• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trent Williams is thinking about coming back.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty won't say it but there is something more than play involved. He has been a very good player. Got to go with Hanburger for greatest Redskin OLB. Kerrigan for 2nd best.
And I loved Chris Hanburger but come on man...over Kerrigan, no way! Hanburger was a VERY good player. Kerrigan is one of the All-Time sack leaders in Redskins history and will be one of the longest tenured Redskins spending his entire career with the organization if they can get a restructured deal worked out.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I loved Chris Hanburger but come on man...over Kerrigan, no way! Hanburger was a VERY good player. Kerrigan is one of the All-Time sack leaders in Redskins history and will be one of the longest tenured Redskins spending his entire career with the organization if they can get a restructured deal worked out.
The hang man is a hofer

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9x pro bowler. 4x all pro

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has no guarenteed money. I said from day one this was about money. I'd bite the bullet and give Trent a little guarenteed money. He's a locker room favorite. I think that could gonna long way for Ron.

On the other hand if someone is crazy enough to offer a 1st I move him.

On the other side of that coin, Ron can make an example out of Trent to set a new tone and culture for this team. That could work, but in essence that's what Bruce tried to do.

Ron said we have to conclude this and get Trent playing. I inferred he meant either here or somewhere else. He just want to move past this and not have it hanging over the franchise like a cloud.

Fuck him and his guaranteed money. He was already paid.

Trent is all about the money. Another year older and a year out of the game. Screw him.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck him and his guaranteed money. He was already paid.

Trent is all about the money. Another year older and a year out of the game. Screw him.

While I don't 100% agree with you, I completely understand your stance. I'm pissed too, but depending on who Jerry hires, the division is up for grabs next year.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any team offers a 1st rounder for him he is gone and if its a 2nd rounder a good chance as well depending on how high the pick is

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love Kerrigan but Hanburger was best hands down. 5 times all pro.

Ken Harvery, Orakpo, and Marshall all deserve to be way up there. Marshall played 4 or 5 years with Rivera.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why so hard on RK, homey? He didn't make any impact plays this year. No one on defense really did imo with the exception of Dunbar. But he has made plays that were very beneficial to the Skins. Last year strip/sacking Dak a fumble which PS recovered and scored on what would be the game winning points. Strip-sacking of Wentz that sealed a win for the Skins a few years back.

He's the only cornerstone other than Trent. And not only that. I'd say RK is all up in the discussion for best ever Redskins OLB.

Would I trade him? If a decent enough deal came along I would, but he is w/o question my fave Redskin at present.

This team is loaded with good players, hell, the referenced Chris Hamburger was a good player, but there's a difference between having good players, and what we actually need at impact positions.
I know that's hard assed, but sometimes we get enamored with good and lose sight of the mission at hand. There's a current TV ad in which the theme asks the question. "Is good enough really good enough." or something to that effect, which perfectly describes the flaws that this team and some of its fans appear to be enamored with.

For the record, I'm not one of them! This is a hard business and the goal must always be fielding the very best on the field of play.

So, let's look at Kerrigan the 31 year old good enough player in the minds and vision of some here. Beyond his age, he simply isn't and never has been a pure impact player. Sure he'll make a really good play and as one poster here likes to point out, get numbers. Getting one sack per game gives you 16 on the season and while that looks good let's say that, as has been the case with this player, that sack more often than not comes early in the game and that's his contribution for the day. Do you really believe that it's good enough do that? True impact players at this position are players that are disruptive, they are constantly on the hunt and whether they get sacks or not must be always accounted for whenever they line up. Why on earth do you think that there's such buzz around a young guy like Chase Young? Kerrigan's prime was 3 seasons ago and he should have been traded as early as 2018 and for certain prior to the season that just ended. Do you think that there still an upside to his career? More important, early projections are that this team will truly hit its stride with the new coaching staff in about two years or so. Kerrigan will be 33 by then and his on field value to this team probably zero. So let me ask you this, would you prefer to extend his value to the franchise by trading him and getting a younger hopefully better player that helps you now and two year out or keep an aging veteran who's skills are already in decline? Like I said on previously occasions, nothing personal, just business!

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why so hard on RK, homey? He didn't make any impact plays this year. No one on defense really did imo with the exception of Dunbar. But he has made plays that were very beneficial to the Skins. Last year strip/sacking Dak a fumble which PS recovered and scored on what would be the game winning points. Strip-sacking of Wentz that sealed a win for the Skins a few years back.

He's the only cornerstone other than Trent. And not only that. I'd say RK is all up in the discussion for best ever Redskins OLB.

Would I trade him? If a decent enough deal came along I would, but he is w/o question my fave Redskin at present.

BTW: I wanted to say something about having a favorite player. This is something that for the most part is understandable given the nature of fandom, but business decisions must be made outside of this trait. I get it that people are going to be upset/bothered/unhappy or whatever at the thought of a favorite player getting traded. It's actually rather inspiring to watch as some hope that a player retires with his team, but this is a rarity in the NFL. Some of the greatest that ever played ended their careers wearing different colors. Unfortunately, it's a young man's game, with a bottom line of doing what's in the best interest of your team in order to reach the ultimate goal of winning it all. If that's the accepted business platform, where exactly does having a "favorite" factor in?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if he doesn’t restructure, and he is already quoted as saying that he would restructure to stay in DC.

A no brainer.

He's not asking for a pay cut, he's asking to restructure in order to make his cap number more "friendly." Any idea what that means? (hint: deferred money)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty won't say it but there is something more than play involved. He has been a very good player. Got to go with Hanburger for greatest Redskin OLB. Kerrigan for 2nd best.

Nonsense! In fact you do yourself a disservice by proclaiming him a "very good player." "Good," "above average" even "pretty good" is where he has been, right now he's on the very slippery downside of his career. I understand some being attached to players, but when others are not, and are treating this game as the cold blooded business that it is, you would do well to try to see things from another perspective.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense! In fact you do yourself a disservice by proclaiming him a "very good player." "Good," "above average" even "pretty good" is where he has been, right now he's on the very slippery downside of his career. I understand some being attached to players, but when others are not, and are treating this game as the cold blooded business that it is, you would do well to try to see things from another perspective.

No doubt for the first time in his career Kerrigan missed games due to two different injuries. He had 5.5 half sacks in 11 games. The guy you say is so much better had 8.5 sacks in 16 games. Wanna know the difference? Kerrigan averaged .5 sacks and Mack (aka Mr. Average I guess) averaged .53125. Facts are facts. There went your slippery slope idea.

Now if you want to talk about better players than both that are OLBers … lets talk Chandler Jones, TJ Watt, Za'Darius Smith … I'll listen. They are better.

As far as going forward. That is up to the new coaching staff. I'll support whatever their decision is.

Maybe the new GM will want to trade Ironman, Allen and Payne while they are young enough to get something for them. After all, it is just a hard business decision.

If you think Hanburger … 9 pro bowls, 5 all pro and HOF player was just good I'll have some of what you are smoking. Here is a tip, those were the days when the players voted, not the fans.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt for the first time in his career Kerrigan missed games due to two different injuries. He had 5.5 half sacks in 11 games. The guy you say is so much better had 8.5 sacks in 16 games. Wanna know the difference? Kerrigan averaged .5 sacks and Mack (aka Mr. Average I guess) averaged .53125. Facts are facts. There went your slippery slope idea.

Now if you want to talk about better players than both that are OLBers … lets talk Chandler Jones, TJ Watt, Za'Darius Smith … I'll listen. They are better.

As far as going forward. That is up to the new coaching staff. I'll support whatever their decision is.

Maybe the new GM will want to trade Ironman, Allen and Payne while they are young enough to get something for them. After all, it is just a hard business decision.

If you think Hanburger … 9 pro bowls, 5 all pro and HOF player was just good I'll have some of what you are smoking. Here is a tip, those were the days when the players voted, not the fans.

Clearly you are a numbers ONLY sort of person. To mention Mack and Kerrigan in the same breath is, on it's face, ridiculous! I find it fascinating that you rarely if ever talk about "Impact" in your responses. Perhaps you have a blind spot or maybe deep down you know it's a losing argument. On December 23rd against Kansas City Mack had an incredible game but only one sack because he was that disruptive force or better stated, something that Kerrigan has never been!

That slippery slope is real, it happens to every player at some point, you must know this! So much for that weak attempt to dismiss it!

Again, you have to stop your habit of making ridiculous statements. Kerrigan is 31 and two years into the downside of his career, Allen is 24, Ioannidis is 25, and Payne 22, all young and on the upside of their careers, but understand this, when the time comes, I'll be able to do something that you admittedly simply are incapable of... moving on!

Pro Bowl, All Pro, Meh! means little to me. HOF on the other hand is pretty impressive even if it takes 33 years to get in. I believe that we were both around to actually watch him play. You have your impressions of how "good" he was and I have mine. He was a hard hitter and used that damned clothesline to jack ball carriers up! To me that was the best of him. Again you have your opinion, Respect

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly you are a numbers ONLY sort of person. To mention Mack and Kerrigan in the same breath is, on it's face, ridiculous! I find it fascinating that you rarely if ever talk about "Impact" in your responses. Perhaps you have a blind spot or maybe deep down you know it's a losing argument. On December 23rd against Kansas City Mack had an incredible game but only one sack because he was that disruptive force or better stated, something that Kerrigan has never been!

That slippery slope is real, it happens to every player at some point, you must know this! So much for that weak attempt to dismiss it!

Again, you have to stop your habit of making ridiculous statements. Kerrigan is 31 and two years into the downside of his career, Allen is 24, Ioannidis is 25, and Payne 22, all young and on the upside of their careers, but understand this, when the time comes, I'll be able to do something that you admittedly simply are incapable of... moving on!

Pro Bowl, All Pro, Meh! means little to me. HOF on the other hand is pretty impressive even if it takes 33 years to get in. I believe that we were both around to actually watch him play. You have your impressions of how "good" he was and I have mine. He was a hard hitter and used that damned clothesline to jack ball carriers up! To me that was the best of him. Again you have your opinion, Respect

Oh my friend you keep trying to put me in a box which you will never be able to do. Your suggesting that I stop anything is a losing proposition too.

Numbers are part of the game, not the entire story but part of it. I knew you would come back with your I told you he was better but nothing really suggests he was better. They are pretty even on FFs, Ints etc. Remember Mack plays on a much better team. That certainly helps him.

The bit about Ironman, Payne an Allen was me parroting you about the "hard business" statement. Same thing right? :D Trade them while their value is high. :nod:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20200104_172424.jpg

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Trent's ultimate goal through this whole fiasco was to get more money, then I agree with many of you, get the fuck out. Not necessarily because he wanted a new deal, but because he used other people's careers (blasting the training staff, for example) as a way to line his pockets. We don't need that type of selfishness here anymore. We have seen way too much of it over the last 20 years, both in the locker room and the front office. This is part of the culture that has to change.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Trent's ultimate goal through this whole fiasco was to get more money, then I agree with many of you, get the fuck out. Not necessarily because he wanted a new deal, but because he used other people's careers (blasting the training staff, for example) as a way to line his pockets. We don't need that type of selfishness here anymore. We have seen way too much of it over the last 20 years, both in the locker room and the front office. This is part of the culture that has to change.
could it be that he lost a years pay and that is what he is talking about ?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the “oooh! My helmet hurts!” Is bullshit.
Then again, I’m not TW.

If he’s looking for the pay he lost by sitting out of the first half of the year, then the redskins should tell him to get lost.

If he’s looking for the pay Brucifer took from him because he was an asshole, then I think it might be wise to pay TW.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably is the person most responsible for the demise of Brucifer , the intensity of the firebruce movement took off because of his hold out