• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trent Williams is thinking about coming back.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know why the redskins would entertain trading Kerrigan - who WANTS to be here - and decide to keep TW, who has already expressed that he doesnt.

Kerrigan might thrive in the inevitable switch to a 4-3, without Manusky’s moronic insistence of dropping him and Sweat, and later Ryan Anderson into coverage.

At the very least, he’d be a very good back up.

For fuck’s sake, he is even on record suggesting that he would take a pay cut to stay.

Good franchises keep cornerstone players, at mutually beneficial salaries, who want to lay for them.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know why the redskins would entertain trading Kerrigan - who WANTS to be here - and decide to keep TW, who has already expressed that he doesnt.

Kerrigan might thrive in the inevitable switch to a 4-3, without Manusky’s moronic insistence of dropping him and Sweat, and later Ryan Anderson into coverage.

For fuck’s sake, he is even on record suggesting that he would take a pay cut to stay.

Good franchises keep cornerstone players, at mutually beneficial salaries, who want to lay for them.
He carries a 11.5 cap hit

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if he doesn’t restructure, and he is already quoted as saying that he would restructure to stay in DC.

A no brainer.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he also has one less year of wear and tear , which could have helped him long term . it helped riggo

i dont trade him unless we get a good deal for him . i think he has 3-4 top years left

Why would you believe that? His play has been in decline and he took a year off. He is also injured every season.

You can find a much cheaper stop gap that isn’t a locker room cancer that refuses to play.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if he doesn’t restructure, and he is already quoted as saying that he would restructure to stay in DC.

A no brainer.

No thanks, deferred money on a player who isn't worth what he's getting now is a recipe for an unnecessary cap headache down the road. BTW: he's not an impact player, nor a cornerstone as someone else (I think) posted. What he is … is popular and that's a valueless thing to be in this business. Trade him as they should have two years ago.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You already know that he can play DE because he has done that for several years now. He wants to be here, if he is willing to take a cut in pay to stay where is the harm? He likes the area, wants to be with the organization.

Of course you could have a 8.5 sack $15 million dollar guy who everyone says is the greatest in Chicago. :L

Whatever Rivera wants to do I am okay with. I think you are just close minded if you would considerate based on the parameters mentioned.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you believe that? His play has been in decline and he took a year off. He is also injured every season.

You can find a much cheaper stop gap that isn’t a locker room cancer that refuses to play.
I don't know where you are getting that he is a locker room cancer.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know where you are getting that he is a locker room cancer.

I am sorry but anybody who decides to sit on the sidelines of a war, then come in when it is more convenient for themselves, is never looked at as an asset within the group.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry but anybody who decides to sit on the sidelines of a war, then come in when it is more convenient for themselves, is never looked at as an asset within the group.
I originally thought this. But after further consideration, I have come to realize that Trent actually made a stand against Allen. He, just like the rest of us, had had enough and was in a position to actually act. And his actions, I believe, had a material impact on Allen's firing. So I applaud Trent and wonder why others (especially those in the FO) continued to work there and support Allen. The guy is an incompetent back stabber that has too often taken credit for things others did and deflected all failures on others. If Shaffer and the rest are so damn good, why the hell did they stay working for that idiot? They should have been very marketable if they are such geniuses.

So I think the team reaching out to Trent is an appropriate action and an acknowledgement that the culture of failure bred so deep over the last decade is over. Now, as to your concern if Trent is still effective, that is a legitimate concern. He hasn't played a full season in a long time. But when he does, he is among the best. But he is not our future. IF we could get a 1st for him, I'm okay letting him go. But he is of value, either as a team member or in a trade. Personally, unless it is a first, I think we are better off having him protect Haskins blind side so he can continue to develop next year. Penn surely can't be counted on to do it.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just played a soundbite from Adrian Peterson on Doc and Galdi show and Peterson said he called Trent and said "you ready to come back now?"

Trent: "Pay me and I'll be back."

Last edited:

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just played a soundbite from Adrian Peterson on Doc and Galdi show and Peterson said he called Trent and said "you ready to come back now?"

Isnt he already under contract?

He wants an extension, does he? For what, exactly? Being a moron who didnt get a second opinion on his own head issues?

Generally speaking, extensions are based on performance ON the field, not off of it.

I hope RR gives him an ultimatum: play at your current contract number or be gone.

Put up or shut up time, Chachi.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has no guarenteed money. I said from day one this was about money. I'd bite the bullet and give Trent a little guarenteed money. He's a locker room favorite. I think that could gonna long way for Ron.

On the other hand if someone is crazy enough to offer a 1st I move him.

On the other side of that coin, Ron can make an example out of Trent to set a new tone and culture for this team. That could work, but in essence that's what Bruce tried to do.

Ron said we have to conclude this and get Trent playing. I inferred he meant either here or somewhere else. He just want to move past this and not have it hanging over the franchise like a cloud.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks, deferred money on a player who isn't worth what he's getting now is a recipe for an unnecessary cap headache down the road. BTW: he's not an impact player, nor a cornerstone as someone else (I think) posted. What he is … is popular and that's a valueless thing to be in this business. Trade him as they should have two years ago.

Why so hard on RK, homey? He didn't make any impact plays this year. No one on defense really did imo with the exception of Dunbar. But he has made plays that were very beneficial to the Skins. Last year strip/sacking Dak a fumble which PS recovered and scored on what would be the game winning points. Strip-sacking of Wentz that sealed a win for the Skins a few years back.

He's the only cornerstone other than Trent. And not only that. I'd say RK is all up in the discussion for best ever Redskins OLB.

Would I trade him? If a decent enough deal came along I would, but he is w/o question my fave Redskin at present.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RK and TW are cornerstone leaders . RK seems to be open at coming back at a reduced rate . i would look into it

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said weeks ago that this was not all about cancer. In part, sure. He wanted more money all along. Bruce wasn't going to give it to him. Ron will talk to him and the team will make a decision. Something Allen wouldn't do.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why so hard on RK, homey? He didn't make any impact plays this year. No one on defense really did imo with the exception of Dunbar. But he has made plays that were very beneficial to the Skins. Last year strip/sacking Dak a fumble which PS recovered and scored on what would be the game winning points. Strip-sacking of Wentz that sealed a win for the Skins a few years back.

He's the only cornerstone other than Trent. And not only that. I'd say RK is all up in the discussion for best ever Redskins OLB.

Would I trade him? If a decent enough deal came along I would, but he is w/o question my fave Redskin at present.

Sty won't say it but there is something more than play involved. He has been a very good player. Got to go with Hanburger for greatest Redskin OLB. Kerrigan for 2nd best.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilber Marshall? Tge dude they got from the bears.

He was pretty freakin’ awesome.