• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Treff's predictions guaranteed to be wrong, 2022 edition

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes kiddies, its that time again. The completely unanticipated, possibly even dreaded, Treff's NFL 2022 season predictions (guaranteed to be wrong).

NFC West
Rams - 11-6**
49'ers - 8-9
Cardinals - 6-11
Seahawks 3-14
This is what happens when you trade away the best QB in the division, have the second best WR in the division suspended, and turn the keys of 2 of the offenses to unproven or uninspiring options- all in a division with the current Super Bowl Champs. And that's just the low hanging fruit problems in Seattle, Arizona and SF.

NFC East
Philly- 13-4**
Dallas- 11-6*
WASH- 4-13
NYG - 3 - 14
Bad division with 2 pretty decent teams, that's just what it is. Tyron Smith injury flips Philly to the lead position.

NFC North
Minnesota- 13-4**
G.B. - 12-5*
Chic - 6-11
Detroit 6-11
Much like the East, a bad division with 2 good teams. Green Bay finally relinquishes its stranglehold of the division. You can only expect so much out of Aaron Rodgers after you've taken away all his toys. If the rookie WR's (all 3 of em) hit, or 1-2 do and Watkins shows up, sure, GB wins the division again. I ain't banking on it.

NFC South
T.B. - 15-2**
N.O. - 9-8*
CAR - 5-12
ATL - 4-13
There's just zero standing in the way of TB here, the only 2 games I see as questionable wins on the schedule, KC and GB, are both in Tampa, I had to try hard to find 2 losses.

AFC West
LAC - 15-2**
KC - 12-5*
L.V. 9-7
Denver - 7-10
Now before all you Bronco nutjobs bag on me here, Russel Wilson is not some omnipotent cure for all your ills. He's still only the third best QB in this division and they have nothing on offense outside of Sutton and Williams, still question marks on the line, A M.A.S.H. unit for a pass rush, and zero inside LB's worthy of starting an NFL game, and outside of Surtain and Simmons, zilch in the secondary. This roster is severely deficient in many areas and he ain't covering up all of them, and I do have them splitting with my Raiders (but being swept by KC and LAC) so it ain't like I'm doing it on purpose. The Chargers are the superior team on paper in this division, and while KC gets knocked down a peg losing Reek and still not having a running game, they remain head and shoulders above LV and Denv.

AFC East
Buffalo- 13-4 **
N.E. - 11-5*
Miami - 7-10
NYJ - 4-13
Easy call for Josh Allen and the BIlls to win this division. Patriots return to the playoffs, mainly due to the shit shows in Miami and NYJ.

AFC North-
Cincy - 13-4**
Balt - 12-5*
Cleveland - 5-12
Pitt - 3-14
Sorry Face and SP, Trubs and a rookie PIckett just don't get it done in this division. I have more faith in the Brownies winning a few via ground and pound until Watson returns than those two dudes, and without a real threat behind the center, N. Harris is going to get hammered. Yes I'm saying Brisset is a better QB than Trubs. Bengals actually improve from their Super Bowl appearance, Burrows/Chase/Higgins/Boyd/Mixon is a certified nightmare.

AFC South-
TENN - 14-3**
Indy - 11-6*
JAX - 4-12
Houston - 2-14
Well Texans fans, what do you really expect with Davis Mills and zero legitimate threats outside of Cooks? Tennessee sucks every single last drop of King Henry's excellence and beats out the Matt Ryan led Colts.

Super Bowl- Buffalo over Minnesota.

NFL MVP - Tom Brady

NFL comeback player of the year - Henry

NFL offensive rookie of the year - Pickett (by default-no others blow anyone away so give it to the QB)

NFL defensive rookie of the year- Nakobe Dean

NFL defensive MVP - MIcah Parsons

Passing yards leader- Brady
Passing TD leader - Herbert
Receiving yards leader- Jefferson
Receiving TD leader- A. Robinson - (yes a Ram's WR, but not Kupp)
Rushing leader- Henry
Rushing TD leader Henry

Purely Fantasy Football related BOLD predictions
*Allen Robinson outproduces Cooper Kupp
*Kyle Rudolph hits 12 TD's
*Jefferson and Chase BOTH near 2000 yards, both fall short, but both break Rice's single season record (thank you, 17th game)
*Derrick Henry barely misses 2000 yards rushing and has 15+ scores (and much like Shaun Alexander, will never be the same again)
*Rookie RB K. Walker paces the class in FFP's, even though D. Pierce likely gets more touches
*Tom Brady resurrects Julio Jones's career and has 3 1000 yard receivers, although none of the three hit more than 1300 or get double digit TD's, as Rudy steals the red zone looks
*Josh Jacobs has 300 rush attempts, hits 1400 and 10 as Josh McD just runs him into the ground, having zero ties to his future, and plenty of RB options in the draft next year
-side note for the Raiders- James White's best season had 87 catches, and 94 rushes for 1176 yards from scrimmage- Abdullah bests that. And D. Adams has his worst year since 2015..damn that Derrick Carr
*Both D. Harris and R. Stevenson have 250 touches as the Patriots go old school with Squishy Mac averaging 25 attempts or less per game
*Kenny Pickett is the Steelers starter by week 5, 4 games of Trubs will be more than enough to for the Steelers to toss in the towel.
*Breece Hall is a bigger bust than CEH
*Michael Pittman finally realizes his potential with Matt Ryan-unfortunately, that potential is capped at right around 1200 and 10
*Kenyon Drake, back in the RPO system, relegates Gus Bus to the bench (where he belongs).
*Cleveland climbs on Chubb's shoulders for 11 games, but don't expect his production that got you to the fantasy playoffs to continue once Watson returns-Air Watson to finish the season
*Burrows is top five passing yardage all year long, but only Chase and Higgins are dependable for fantasy purposes as they soak up the vast majority of the yardage and TD's.
*Jamaal Williams rushes for 1200 and 8. Russel Wilson does improve the offense and is still a fine QB1, but just doesn't have the weapons to work with as Juedy finally runs out of excuses
*No WR truly steps up in KC, but Kelce and ' the field' are easily a good enough collection as a whole to keep Mahommes in the top 3-4 QB's. JuJu, MVS all barely better than flex worthy all year long
*Ceedee Lamb puts in an All pro season
*Zeke returns to form, sort of, the loss of Smith limits his bounce back season, but still an improvement on last years numbers. Lamb doe NOT finish top 5 in WR fantasy rankings
*The AJ Brown and Hurts connection flops in real games He's still a good fantasy WR, but not like he was in TENN.
*Barkley makes it through the season, but barely hits 1200 yards from scrimmage
*there is simply nothing to be bold about in Washington--but hey lets go with Brian Robinson scores 8 TD's in 8 games to finish the year
*Marriota starts 10 games, Ridder gets a test drive to finish. B. Edwards leads the team in receiving, but is not worthy of being in a starting lineup. Algeier is a mere foot note in dynasty rookie draft folklore
*Mayfield rehabs his career, albeit in a losing season for his team, but is a viable QB2. Re-establishes DJ Moore as a borderline WR1. CMAC no longer gets 30 touches a game, Foreman is utilized between the tackles for the dirty stuff
*Winston returns to his TB form of high 30's in TD's AND roughly 20 interceptions. Olave challenges for rookie of the year honors on sheer volume. Michael Thomas continues to fade into irrelevance. not bold, but Kamara plays all 17, no suspension this season
*Justin Fields finds himself benched at some point, but is re inserted within 3 games as the Bears say, oh yeah, the alternative is even worse
*cant really find anything bold to say about Detriot either..umm...yeah I got nothing
*As previously mentioned Rodgers can only do so much-however, the bold prediction? While Lazard does lead the team in receiving, Sam Toure is the leading rookie WR, not Watson, not Doubs
*Kirk Cousins has a career best year, Jefferson clears 1850yds and 13+ TD's, Dalvin Cook hits 1700 yards from scrimmage (100 per game)
*Hollywood Brown disappoints everyone in ARZ, AJ Green leads the team in receiving while Hopkins is out
*ground and pound in Seattle will resemble what NE will be doing, but not quite as effective. Walker hits 900 and 8, Penny 800 and 5, could be more, but you can only score so much being led by Geno
*Finally- the Niners- not so bold- JimmyG is re-inserted as the starter by mid season. Bold- a RB not on the week 1 53 man roster leads the team in rushing yardage on for the year.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you mean Javonte Williams goes for 1200 and 8, not Jamaal?

Bills Super Bowl champs? I can dig that.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions and Giants are my two sleeper teams this year... not sure if they can make the playoffs... But I got both playing 7-10 or better

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions and Giants are my two sleeper teams this year... not sure if they can make the playoffs... But I got both playing 7-10 or better
I can't for the life of me see why, but go on with your bad self I guess.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are the Giants sleepers? Daniel Jones still sucks

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals take a step back, whether that includes injuries or not. I just don't see them dominating in a tough division and conference. Pit and CLE (11 games) might not have a QB but they still have a solid defense that will keep them in games.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are the Giants sleepers? Daniel Jones still sucks

of course he is a huge factor....

But this offensive line is the best they have ever had during Jones tenure... and is seen on paper to be a potential top 5 line... if that is true, then Jones may finally be given the opportunity he needs... and if that is true, Barkley has a chance to be healthier and better...

Lions are the same, but safer than the giants... they too have a potential top 5 offensive line... a nice young receiving back, and a bunch of decent receivers to help out...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course he is a huge factor....

But this offensive line is the best they have ever had during Jones tenure... and is seen on paper to be a potential top 5 line... if that is true, then Jones may finally be given the opportunity he needs... and if that is true, Barkley has a chance to be healthier and better...

Lions are the same, but safer than the giants... they too have a potential top 5 offensive line... a nice young receiving back, and a bunch of decent receivers to help out...
Sure Thomas has improved but they have two rookies, still big question marks even if Neal is a beast. There defense should be solid at least but again, their offense is not good....just a bunch of guys with talent that are injury prone. If Barkley and Shepard go down, Golladay sucks and Toney does something stupid - they have a top 5 pick again. Even if they don't I don't anticipate they win more 6-7 games and that's top. Below average team imo

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the bold takes here.

I think you need a couple more wins in the NFC West. Like 4-6 more wins maybe. That said, I do see real problems in that division so maybe it does turn into the worst in football.

If you have the Chargers and Bucs with 15 wins then just pick them to make the SB. imo. I do agree that the Chargers have the best roster in the AFCW.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure Thomas has improved but they have two rookies, still big question marks even if Neal is a beast. There defense should be solid at least but again, their offense is not good....just a bunch of guys with talent that are injury prone. If Barkley and Shepard go down, Golladay sucks and Toney does something stupid - they have a top 5 pick again. Even if they don't I don't anticipate they win more 6-7 games and that's top. Below average team imo

Lions are a clear safer pick than the giants. I will admit the giants are not a safe pick at all. But this year more than any other for the giants, they have a reason to think that barkley and Daniel jones will be healthy and given every opportunity to succeed.

They also don’t have a strong division. And there schedule is not bad either.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes kiddies, its that time again. The completely unanticipated, possibly even dreaded, Treff's NFL 2022 season predictions (guaranteed to be wrong).

NFC West
Rams - 11-6**
49'ers - 8-9
Cardinals - 6-11
Seahawks 3-14
This is what happens when you trade away the best QB in the division, have the second best WR in the division suspended, and turn the keys of 2 of the offenses to unproven or uninspiring options- all in a division with the current Super Bowl Champs. And that's just the low hanging fruit problems in Seattle, Arizona and SF.

NFC East
Philly- 13-4**
Dallas- 11-6*
WASH- 4-13
NYG - 3 - 14
Bad division with 2 pretty decent teams, that's just what it is. Tyron Smith injury flips Philly to the lead position.

NFC North
Minnesota- 13-4**
G.B. - 12-5*
Chic - 6-11
Detroit 6-11
Much like the East, a bad division with 2 good teams. Green Bay finally relinquishes its stranglehold of the division. You can only expect so much out of Aaron Rodgers after you've taken away all his toys. If the rookie WR's (all 3 of em) hit, or 1-2 do and Watkins shows up, sure, GB wins the division again. I ain't banking on it.

NFC South
T.B. - 15-2**
N.O. - 9-8*
CAR - 5-12
ATL - 4-13
There's just zero standing in the way of TB here, the only 2 games I see as questionable wins on the schedule, KC and GB, are both in Tampa, I had to try hard to find 2 losses.

AFC West
LAC - 15-2**
KC - 12-5*
L.V. 9-7
Denver - 7-10
Now before all you Bronco nutjobs bag on me here, Russel Wilson is not some omnipotent cure for all your ills. He's still only the third best QB in this division and they have nothing on offense outside of Sutton and Williams, still question marks on the line, A M.A.S.H. unit for a pass rush, and zero inside LB's worthy of starting an NFL game, and outside of Surtain and Simmons, zilch in the secondary. This roster is severely deficient in many areas and he ain't covering up all of them, and I do have them splitting with my Raiders (but being swept by KC and LAC) so it ain't like I'm doing it on purpose. The Chargers are the superior team on paper in this division, and while KC gets knocked down a peg losing Reek and still not having a running game, they remain head and shoulders above LV and Denv.

AFC East
Buffalo- 13-4 **
N.E. - 11-5*
Miami - 7-10
NYJ - 4-13
Easy call for Josh Allen and the BIlls to win this division. Patriots return to the playoffs, mainly due to the shit shows in Miami and NYJ.

AFC North-
Cincy - 13-4**
Balt - 12-5*
Cleveland - 5-12
Pitt - 3-14
Sorry Face and SP, Trubs and a rookie PIckett just don't get it done in this division. I have more faith in the Brownies winning a few via ground and pound until Watson returns than those two dudes, and without a real threat behind the center, N. Harris is going to get hammered. Yes I'm saying Brisset is a better QB than Trubs. Bengals actually improve from their Super Bowl appearance, Burrows/Chase/Higgins/Boyd/Mixon is a certified nightmare.

AFC South-
TENN - 14-3**
Indy - 11-6*
JAX - 4-12
Houston - 2-14
Well Texans fans, what do you really expect with Davis Mills and zero legitimate threats outside of Cooks? Tennessee sucks every single last drop of King Henry's excellence and beats out the Matt Ryan led Colts.

Super Bowl- Buffalo over Minnesota.

NFL MVP - Tom Brady

NFL offensive rookie of the year - Pickett (by default-no others blow anyone away so give it to the QB)

NFL defensive rookie of the year- Nakobe Dean

NFL defensive MVP - MIcah Parsons

Passing yards leader- Brady
Passing TD leader - Herbert
Receiving yards leader- Jefferson
Receiving TD leader- A. Robinson - (yes a Ram's WR, but not Kupp)
Rushing leader- Henry
Rushing TD leader Henry

Purely Fantasy Football related BOLD predictions
*Allen Robinson outproduces Cooper Kupp
*Kyle Rudolph hits 12 TD's
*Jefferson and Chase BOTH near 2000 yards, both fall short, but both break Rice's single season record (thank you, 17th game)
*Derrick Henry barely misses 2000 yards rushing and has 15+ scores (and much like Shaun Alexander, will never be the same again)
*Rookie RB K. Walker paces the class in FFP's, even though D. Pierce likely gets more touches
*Tom Brady resurrects Julio Jones's career and has 3 1000 yard receivers, although none of the three hit more than 1300 or get double digit TD's, as Rudy steals the red zone looks
*Josh Jacobs has 300 rush attempts, hits 1400 and 10 as Josh McD just runs him into the ground, having zero ties to his future, and plenty of RB options in the draft next year
-side note for the Raiders- James White's best season had 87 catches, and 94 rushes for 1176 yards from scrimmage- Abdullah bests that. And D. Adams has his worst year since 2015..damn that Derrick Carr
*Both D. Harris and R. Stevenson have 250 touches as the Patriots go old school with Squishy Mac averaging 25 attempts or less per game
*Kenny Pickett is the Steelers starter by week 5, 4 games of Trubs will be more than enough to for the Steelers to toss in the towel.
*Breece Hall is a bigger bust than CEH
*Michael Pittman finally realizes his potential with Matt Ryan-unfortunately, that potential is capped at right around 1200 and 10
*Kenyon Drake, back in the RPO system, relegates Gus Bus to the bench (where he belongs).
*Cleveland climbs on Chubb's shoulders for 11 games, but don't expect his production that got you to the fantasy playoffs to continue once Watson returns-Air Watson to finish the season
*Burrows is top five passing yardage all year long, but only Chase and Higgins are dependable for fantasy purposes as they soak up the vast majority of the yardage and TD's.
*Jamaal Williams rushes for 1200 and 8. Russel Wilson does improve the offense and is still a fine QB1, but just doesn't have the weapons to work with as Juedy finally runs out of excuses
*No WR truly steps up in KC, but Kelce and ' the field' are easily a good enough collection as a whole to keep Mahommes in the top 3-4 QB's. JuJu, MVS all barely better than flex worthy all year long
*Ceedee Lamb puts in an All pro season
*Zeke returns to form, sort of, the loss of Smith limits his bounce back season, but still an improvement on last years numbers. Lamb doe NOT finish top 5 in WR fantasy rankings
*The AJ Brown and Hurts connection flops in real games He's still a good fantasy WR, but not like he was in TENN.
*Barkley makes it through the season, but barely hits 1200 yards from scrimmage
*there is simply nothing to be bold about in Washington--but hey lets go with Brian Robinson scores 8 TD's in 8 games to finish the year
*Marriota starts 10 games, Ridder gets a test drive to finish. B. Edwards leads the team in receiving, but is not worthy of being in a starting lineup. Algeier is a mere foot note in dynasty rookie draft folklore
*Mayfield rehabs his career, albeit in a losing season for his team, but is a viable QB2. Re-establishes DJ Moore as a borderline WR1. CMAC no longer gets 30 touches a game, Foreman is utilized between the tackles for the dirty stuff
*Winston returns to his TB form of high 30's in TD's AND roughly 20 interceptions. Olave challenges for rookie of the year honors on sheer volume. Michael Thomas continues to fade into irrelevance. not bold, but Kamara plays all 17, no suspension this season
*Justin Fields finds himself benched at some point, but is re inserted within 3 games as the Bears say, oh yeah, the alternative is even worse
*cant really find anything bold to say about Detriot either..umm...yeah I got nothing
*As previously mentioned Rodgers can only do so much-however, the bold prediction? While Lazard does lead the team in receiving, Sam Toure is the leading rookie WR, not Watson, not Doubs
*Kirk Cousins has a career best year, Jefferson clears 1850yds and 13+ TD's, Dalvin Cook hits 1700 yards from scrimmage (100 per game)
*Hollywood Brown disappoints everyone in ARZ, AJ Green leads the team in receiving while Hopkins is out
*ground and pound in Seattle will resemble what NE will be doing, but not quite as effective. Walker hits 900 and 8, Penny 800 and 5, could be more, but you can only score so much being led by Geno
*Finally- the Niners- not so bold- JimmyG is re-inserted as the starter by mid season. Bold- a RB not on the week 1 53 man roster leads the team in rushing yardage on for the year.
Excellent take, a few things I disagree with:

Minnesota- 13-4**
G.B. - 12-5* IDK about that prediction, but I do like it.

*Allen Robinson outproduces Cooper Kupp Only if Kupp has a fatal car accident

*Rookie RB K. Walker paces the class in FFP's, even though D. Pierce likely gets more touches My money is on Pierce.

*Tom Brady resurrects Julio Jones's career and has 3 1000 yard receivers I don't think so.

-side note for the Raiders- James White's best season had 87 catches, and 94 rushes for 1176 yards from scrimmage- Abdullah bests that
Don't see that at all, but we all should be allowed some homer-ism.

*K
enyon Drake, back in the RPO system, relegates Gus Bus to the bench (where he belongs). Well Gus is on the bench before Drake got signed and don't see Drake changing Gus useage at all.

Yeah...no

Few other items I would questioned but I like the boldness. :thumb:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the bold takes here.

I think you need a couple more wins in the NFC West. Like 4-6 more wins maybe. That said, I do see real problems in that division so maybe it does turn into the worst in football.

If you have the Chargers and Bucs with 15 wins then just pick them to make the SB. imo. I do agree that the Chargers have the best roster in the AFCW.
Nahhh, I got the Bucs losing in the second round after their bye, Chargers lose AFC championship to Josh Allen, since ya know, they can't lose on the coin toss anymore :)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nahhh, I got the Bucs losing in the second round after their bye, Chargers lose AFC championship to Josh Allen, since ya know, they can't lose on the coin toss anymore :)
I feel like the Bills coaching staff can find a way to lose another close game. That said, Chargers losing on a 4th down play seems like the most likely way they go out.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent take, a few things I disagree with:

Minnesota- 13-4**
G.B. - 12-5* IDK about that prediction, but I do like it.

*Allen Robinson outproduces Cooper Kupp Only if Kupp has a fatal car accident

*Rookie RB K. Walker paces the class in FFP's, even though D. Pierce likely gets more touches My money is on Pierce.

*Tom Brady resurrects Julio Jones's career and has 3 1000 yard receivers I don't think so.

-side note for the Raiders- James White's best season had 87 catches, and 94 rushes for 1176 yards from scrimmage- Abdullah bests that
Don't see that at all, but we all should be allowed some homer-ism.

*K
enyon Drake, back in the RPO system, relegates Gus Bus to the bench (where he belongs). Well Gus is on the bench before Drake got signed and don't see Drake changing Gus useage at all.

Yeah...no

Few other items I would questioned but I like the boldness. :thumb:
Well that's why they are 'bold predictions' which are pretty much "guaranteed to be wrong" :)

I mean I think they all COULD happen. If I were betting on these things in Vegas, I wouldn't put more than a 20 spot on any of em, but, I would place a bet on every single one.

And why couldn't B. Robinson score 1 TD per game for the last 8..assuming he makes it back to play those 8??

As to the homer-ism...Abdullah is superior in every facet of the game to what James White was, but he never played for a coach who utilized that type of role. Once it was determined he wasnt gonna make it between the tackles 20 times a game, he almost exclusively returned kicks and punts for 7 years, not many people have ever seen what he can really do. So yes, total homerism, but entirely within the realm of possiblity, especially since Carr won't throw outside.

:)

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, off, well done, sir.
This takes a lot of planning, pondering and posting. Kudos for that.
Some things are kind of "out there." Other things I agree with.
Love the Derrick Henry posturing. Many forget he did return in the 2021 playoffs and had a double-digit fantasy day.

Here were the things that I had trouble getting past:
Both miss. If they are going in the top 3, they both miss the top 3.
This is pretty much the trend.
In 2021 it was Davante and Tyreek first off the board.
In 2020 it was Michael Thomas and Hopkins.
Kind of happens every year.

Justin Fields finds himself benched at some point, but is re inserted within 3 games as the Bears say, oh yeah, the alternative is even worse
Not gonna happen for 2 reasons.
1) Like you said, there is no one else.
2a) The new Bears brass did not make this pick. Sounds like they will give him every chance to prove himself.
2b) Homerism aside, went back in Bears history, seems like every time they replace a head coach, the offense does improve the first year. Maybe that isn't saying much since we still think they'll end up in the bottom half of the league.
But (working backwards) it happened with Nagy's first year, Fox's first year, Trestman's first year, Lovie's first year* (* points only), etc.
Bears will still lose, but to quote Miracle Max, "they're only slightly dead."

Mayfield rehabs his career, albeit in a losing season for his team, but is a viable QB2. Re-establishes DJ Moore as a borderline WR1.
Ummm.... :scratch: DJ Moore has been a 1200-yard producer for 3 straight seasons.
And he accomplished this feat with 3 different QB. (Kyle Allen, Bridgewater and Darnold.)
Unless he gets hurt, 1200 yards is in the bag.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, off, well done, sir.
This takes a lot of planning, pondering and posting. Kudos for that.
Some things are kind of "out there." Other things I agree with.
Love the Derrick Henry posturing. Many forget he did return in the 2021 playoffs and had a double-digit fantasy day.

Here were the things that I had trouble getting past:

Both miss. If they are going in the top 3, they both miss the top 3.
This is pretty much the trend.
In 2021 it was Davante and Tyreek first off the board.
In 2020 it was Michael Thomas and Hopkins.
Kind of happens every year.

Not gonna happen for 2 reasons.
1) Like you said, there is no one else.
2a) The new Bears brass did not make this pick. Sounds like they will give him every chance to prove himself.
2b) Homerism aside, went back in Bears history, seems like every time they replace a head coach, the offense does improve the first year. Maybe that isn't saying much since we still think they'll end up in the bottom half of the league.
But (working backwards) it happened with Nagy's first year, Fox's first year, Trestman's first year, Lovie's first year* (* points only), etc.
Bears will still lose, but to quote Miracle Max, "they're only slightly dead."

Ummm.... :scratch: DJ Moore has been a 1200-yard producer for 3 straight seasons.
And he accomplished this feat with 3 different QB. (Kyle Allen, Bridgewater and Darnold.)
Unless he gets hurt, 1200 yards is in the bag.
True, 1160-something ..in that 1200 yd range consistently, right smack in the middle of 12 other dudes give or take 100 yards. When 26 dudes get 1000+ yards, 1200 doesn't exactly impress me, especially now that it's 17 games.

When his 1200 equated to almost 80 yards a game..ok, he's borderline #1, needs some TD's and he's golden...but...

DJ's yards per game went down a whopping 10+ per game with Darnold, even though the year end totals remained similar. In my book, 68 yards per game with only 4 scores, is no borderline WR1, it's a decent #2

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For purely selfish or other reasons, here are mine:

Super Bowl- Tennessee over Tampa
NFL MVP - Josh Allen
NFL offensive rookie of the year - Skyy Moore
Like you said, TREFF, no one else will step up. JuJu and MVS played with 2 of the best QB in the game and couldn't take the next step.​
NFL defensive rookie of the year- don't care
NFL defensive MVP - don't care
Passing yards leader- Josh Allen
Passing TD leader - Tom Brady
Receiving yards leader- Cooper Kupp
Receiving TD leader- Allen Lazard (yep, stinkin' Packer - but everyone else left, someone's gotta catch Rodgers' 40 TD passes.)
Rushing leader- Henry
Rushing TD leader Henry

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For purely selfish or other reasons, here are mine:

Super Bowl- Tennessee over Tampa
NFL MVP - Josh Allen
NFL offensive rookie of the year - Skyy Moore
Like you said, TREFF, no one else will step up. JuJu and MVS played with 2 of the best QB in the game and couldn't take the next step.​
NFL defensive rookie of the year- don't care
NFL defensive MVP - don't care
Passing yards leader- Josh Allen
Passing TD leader - Tom Brady
Receiving yards leader- Cooper Kupp
Receiving TD leader- Allen Lazard (yep, stinkin' Packer - but everyone else left, someone's gotta catch Rodgers' 40 TD passes.)
Rushing leader- Henry
Rushing TD leader Henry
That's what I'm talkin' bout, yessir!

Except not caring about defense, like the crew might say, 'come on man!" :suds:

Like the Sky Moore boldness, one hyped up dude coming out of the draft given his landing spot, haven't heard much about him since. Could be a nice sneaky call

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right smack in the middle of 12 other dudes give or take 100 yards. When 26 dudes get 1000+ yards, 1200 doesn't exactly impress me
2019 - only 6 WR had more scrimmage yards than Moore.
2020 - only 8 WR had more...
2021 - only 8...

If anything, the only stat limiting Moore is his TD totals (4, 4 & 4).
I suspect that too changes this year.