• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Thread

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sutton hiring, too. Perhaps a dinged shoulder from the catch that left Darby with a chest contusion.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sutton hiring, too. Perhaps a dinged shoulder from the catch that left Darby with a chest contusion.
IMO, Sutton doesn't need to dive for balls. Could have been disastrous for the team losing 2 starters for a length of time
I would not care about "effort" at this point in camp given he's not getting his salary. Health is more important. We dodged a bullet

Old school ppl will say must go all out to improve and be ready for week 1. Take a page from McVay.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a good idea. Stash and heal.
Agreed, however, I don't have high hopes of him ever playing meaningful football as he just hasn't been able to stay on the field over all his years at Bama and now this. Some bodies are just not meant for the rigors of professional football. This is one where I hope I am wrong for his and the team's sake.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, however, I don't have high hopes of him ever playing meaningful football as he just hasn't been able to stay on the field over all his years at Bama and now this. Some bodies are just not meant for the rigors of professional football. This is one where I hope I am wrong for his and the team's sake.

I'm hoping that 2 years of letting his entire body heal up from all the abuse he has put it through up to this point ends up being good in the long run. You are right though some guys just never can shake the injury bug.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Sutton doesn't need to dive for balls. Could have been disastrous for the team losing 2 starters for a length of time
I would not care about "effort" at this point in camp given he's not getting his salary. Health is more important. We dodged a bullet

Old school ppl will say must go all out to improve and be ready for week 1. Take a page from McVay.

I get it but he is also now a team vet and team leader... He has to show these young guys how to practice and prepare if they want to make it.

They always said Junior Seau was as good as he was because he practiced as hard as he played. I get both sides to it. I don't want to see injuries but I don't want my vet going through the motions either.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it but he is also now a team vet and team leader... He has to show these young guys how to practice and prepare if they want to make it.

They always said Junior Seau was as good as he was because he practiced as hard as he played. I get both sides to it. I don't want to see injuries but I don't want my vet going through the motions either.

I want to see them go hard, but as soon as any kind of tweak happens I'm resting them for a few days. I like the idea of giving vets days off and in some ways that can be motivating for the young guys to try and reach that kind of level. You like to know you can reach a level of security knowing missing a few practices doesn't destroy your chances of making the roster.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see them go hard, but as soon as any kind of tweak happens I'm resting them for a few days. I like the idea of giving vets days off and in some ways that can be motivating for the young guys to try and reach that kind of level. You like to know you can reach a level of security knowing missing a few practices doesn't destroy your chances of making the roster.
Agree with this.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like all kinds of fights in the joint practice. I hope the team can be more disciplined than this.

The fact that most of them were started by the same Cowboy player makes me think it was more on him than the Broncos being undisciplined.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the Broncos dominated today on both sides of the ball. Defensive Line especially was giving the Cowboys fits and it seemed like it was all units 1-3.

Secondary had some struggles, but that is also with their #2 and #3 CB out for this practice.

Offensively the OL lost a few battles especially Anderson going against Parsons, but otherwise they even held their own for the most part. Wilson especially in Red Zone drills was making it look easy. Guys running wide open.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pulled something thinking about the term "Rigors".

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like all kinds of fights in the joint practice. I hope the team can be more disciplined than this.

i hope it’s Dallas players in MAX frustration losing their composure. ;)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#12 got reps with first team and made a play or two.

guess our RZ offense was on full send

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Kendall Hinton has locked up his roster spot.

Dre'Mont Jones and Bradley Chubb had a very good scrimmage today. Jones was also in several fights.

That guy is gonna get paid. I just hope it is from us. I even bought his jersey this offseason taking the chance.

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bonito looked great in the practice. By far the most explosive defensive player after the snap. Von Miller type of bend as well. I know he's kind of a one-trick pony, but what a trick. I had 3 and probably a 4th sack in yesterday's practice. This guy is going to be in the rotation this year for us on obvious passing downs.

I know cdumler7 hates him, but this is a passing league and on 2nd and long, 3rd down this year, he can be a force.

Anderson is a left-tackle and not a right-tackle. He played better as a left-tackle in the Carolina game (2 years ago) and terrible as a right-tackle in the Raiders game (last year-I thinks?). The only matchup in the entire practice that Dallas won was that battle with Anderson and Parsons. Parsons is a beast though.

Offensive line really did surprise me though especially after Wilson started throwing early in practice with 5 straight completions and Denver was trying to establish a run game after that. They really were getting a good push in the running game. That was the most surprising.

Jonas Griffith is going to be a stud this year (my opinion). For not having a ton of experience, he really does a good job in diagnosing plays and is very explosive. Having Jewell this year with him will help as Jewell I know helped him a ton last year and they really talk alot to each other out on the field. Good chemistry between those two.

Just my 2 cents from that practice.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonas Griffith is going to be a stud this year (my opinion). For not having a ton of experience, he really does a good job in diagnosing plays and is very explosive. Having Jewell this year with him will help as Jewell I know helped him a ton last year and they really talk alot to each other out on the field. Good chemistry between those two.
Well you can throw that out the window, he got hurt the 2nd play of tonight’s game and it looks bad. Elbow injury, no official word but if it’s as bad as it looked he could be out for some time.