• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Thread

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Charlie Ward, winning the Heisman and national championship and then never playing in the NFL. I love me some Charlie Ward though and he had a nice little NBA career.

Sad thing is. Charlie Ward would be the #1 overall pick in today’s NFL.

The NFL has really changed. Back in that day Kyler Murray would be playing baseball.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Charlie Ward, winning the Heisman and national championship and then never playing in the NFL. I love me some Charlie Ward though and he had a nice little NBA career.

Eric Crouch is another that comes to mind. Ended up playing WR in the NFL and couldn't make that work very well.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marquiss Spencer left the field clutching his knee today. Apparently it checked out without significant injury.

Dude had a decent game vs Dallas. Maybe another year on PS?

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock has posted up with Covid. That dude is snakebit.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock has posted up with Covid. That dude is snakebit.

Just crazy to see it announced he would be the starter to only 20 minutes later see it come out he has Covid once again. Pretty sure this is round 3 of Covid for him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just crazy to see it announced he would be the starter to only 20 minutes later see it come out he has Covid once again. Pretty sure this is round 3 of Covid for him.

I believe it is his second. Unless, of course he had in during the offseason before football activities were going on then we would probably not be aware but it will be the third time he had to miss games because of covid. If you remember the first time he was a direct exposure to Jeff Driskel who tested positive but Lock was never covid positive himself (who is keeping track anymore though :))

Lock is vaccinated.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marquiss Spencer left the field clutching his knee today. Apparently it checked out without significant injury.

Dude had a decent game vs Dallas. Maybe another year on PS?

I would say at best he will be on the PS again.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was funny

Albright tweeted saturday night Lock “looks good “ while the Broncos game was on. i replied back “don’t care watching Broncos football”. He likes Lock i guess.

also tweeted back “ just wait for crunch time when he hands the ball back to the defense” in reference to the Cincy game last year. Sure enough 20 minutes later hit and fumbles . Steelers win.

now has Covidwhen he suppose to start this week.

He’s Pigpen from Peanuts. a black cloud follows that guy around.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was funny

Albright tweeted saturday night Lock “looks good “ while the Broncos game was on. i replied back “don’t care watching Broncos football”. He likes Lock i guess.

also tweeted back “ just wait for crunch time when he hands the ball back to the defense” in reference to the Cincy game last year. Sure enough 20 minutes later hit and fumbles . Steelers win.

now has Covidwhen he suppose to start this week.

He’s Pigpen from Peanuts. a black cloud follows that guy around.

Allbright got so ticked last year that he was wrong on Lock winning the starting job. He was one of the most adamant guys saying that Lock had secured the job and doesn't understand why anyone sees it differently. He would publicly attack people on Twitter for suggesting Bridgewater had a slight lead. He doesn't like being wrong so he has hitched his wagon to Lock proving he can be a viable starter in the NFL.

And yes agreed Lock seems to have those bad moments at the worst time. One of his biggest weaknesses as a QB is his pre-snap read. Teams know this which is why they send blitzes at him like crazy. He can't read where the pressure is coming from. I've had some people try to blame the RB on that play, but the RB was on a hot route. Going to the place where the pressure is coming from where things are wide open. Lock if he saw the pressure would have keyed to just lob it over the blitzer and hit the RB for an easy 1st down. Instead he never feels the pressure at all.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it is his second. Unless, of course he had in during the offseason before football activities were going on then we would probably not be aware but it will be the third time he had to miss games because of covid. If you remember the first time he was a direct exposure to Jeff Driskel who tested positive but Lock was never covid positive himself (who is keeping track anymore though :))

Lock is vaccinated.

Yeah I guess it is tough to keep up with because you are right some of them have been violations more so than actual him having Covid.

Obviously there was the contact tracing that led to the Hinton start against the Saints. Lock was the ring leader of that decision.

Then last year there was the showing up to practice after his girl friend tested positive and not telling the team. That is when Covid starting going through the locker room and the team had to do an investigation from what I understand to figure out where it started and many pointed the finger at Lock as the carrier.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecole Hardman was carted off today. Not wishing an injury on him but just some Chiefs news for you.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecole Hardman was carted off today. Not wishing an injury on him but just some Chiefs news for you.

Sounds like Chris Jones also went down with injury during practice. Something with his back.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Chris Jones also went down with injury during practice. Something with his back.

Jones is a heck of a player but it seems like he is going to battle injuries throughout his NFL career. Interesting development.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is a heck of a player but it seems like he is going to battle injuries throughout his NFL career. Interesting development.

Yeah starting to see these lingering injuries keep popping up for him. Still a great player, but wouldn't surprise me to see him miss some time again this year and kind of follow the Derek Wolfe pattern of those injuries adding up more and more each year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah starting to see these lingering injuries keep popping up for him. Still a great player, but wouldn't surprise me to see him miss some time again this year and kind of follow the Derek Wolfe pattern of those injuries adding up more and more each year.
Yeah- This is sorta what it is starting to seem like.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah- This is sorta what it is starting to seem like.

Going to be interesting to see what the Chiefs do moving forward. They have two aging veterans in Jones and Kelce that have probably seen their best days behind them. Are they willing to move on sooner than later?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be interesting to see what the Chiefs do moving forward. They have two aging veterans in Jones and Kelce that have probably seen their best days behind them. Are they willing to move on sooner than later?

I really think the Broncos mind was made up before the game. Probably know Johnson can play elsewhere and wanted to do him a favor instead of cutting him during the final cuts.

Donnie Lewis was the first person I expected to be cut when I first thought about our cuts for this week but then I quickly changed my mind thinking about the position he plays and figuring how many WR's we have on our roster we probably want him for reps in practice so we don't run our other CB's to the carpet. I think Lewis only survived the first cut because of the numbers at his position. He probably goes in the second and will surely go in the 3rd. There is no way Johnson deserved to be one of the first 5 pick after last weeks game so IMO it is clear they had their mind made up he was going to. Could be practice habits and they just wanted him gone or could be trying to do him a favor and see if he could latch on elsewhere. Ideally, I expected he would probably be released but in the 3rd wave of cuts and attempted to sign back to our PS.

I pick up on hints with players and coaching staff. Last year I thought it was interesting that during the season they gave Kenny Young ,Johnson's #41. You don't ever see that as the season goes on. Usually always done at the end or start before camp. Then this year when they ran out of numbers they gave the new RB his #41 which they ran out of numbers and he had to have a double up number from someone on the defensive side of the ball. However, at first they gave him #35 (McMIllian's number) and then swapped right before the game and gave him #41. When I saw that I just knew Johnson didn't have a future here. ;) Then again neither does Hardy.