• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training camp question

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading on ESPN how amazing both Dez Bryant ant Church look.....I then read how on a bubble screen Church had the hit of the day and pretty much blasted Dez. My question is if Dez is our premier wr and being thought off or hyped up to be an elite wr this yr, Then why in the heck are the coaches allowing Church to unload the boom on him? Am I crazy for having that opinion? With the injury history of this team I know these guys have to practice, but I almost think they should put red jerseys on Bryant, Ware, Lee, and Murray.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading on ESPN how amazing both Dez Bryant ant Church look.....I then read how on a bubble screen Church had the hit of the day and pretty much blasted Dez. My question is if Dez is our premier wr and being thought off or hyped up to be an elite wr this yr, Then why in the heck are the coaches allowing Church to unload the boom on him? Am I crazy for having that opinion? With the injury history of this team I know these guys have to practice, but I almost think they should put red jerseys on Bryant, Ware, Lee, and Murray.

They were in pads yesterday, I am a big believer in you practice how you play, and practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect. FYI, I also heard that Wilcox laid some wood to Tanner. I understand though I would rather hear about and see them hitting teams in other uniforms,
preferably the Skids :what: :boxing:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was it Church that was blowing everyone up in TC last year too?

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta go back through the archives, didn't he injure someone? Miles perhaps?

Not that I am aware of. I know that Scandrick was known for hurting our players in camp or being around them when they got hurt.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any news on Webb the Corner they drafted his highlight real was impressive? is he making a push to challenge Scandrick as the third corner on this team?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eastbay I love that avatar. When I first saw it didn't realize it was Ware. Don't remember him hitting RGIII once.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Church being healthy and productive is HUGE to this team. Carr and Claiborne will do their thing, the other safety position is kind of up in the air but Church needs be consistent back there. It'll add a whole new dimension to this team if we actually have someone capable of A) Supporting the run and B) Ballhawking the middle of the field.

Last year if runners got through our front 7 it was bascially a minium 15 yard run. We need a safety that can come up and at the very least buy time for help to come instead of missing with an arm tackle or getting run over.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Church being healthy and productive is HUGE to this team. Carr and Claiborne will do their thing, the other safety position is kind of up in the air but Church needs be consistent back there. It'll add a whole new dimension to this team if we actually have someone capable of A) Supporting the run and B) Ballhawking the middle of the field.

Last year if runners got through our front 7 it was bascially a minium 15 yard run. We need a safety that can come up and at the very least buy time for help to come instead of missing with an arm tackle or getting run over.

Supporting the run and Ballhawking the middle of the field

I agree with you here. Didn't think Church was capable, maybe I'm wrong. Much more to come.

Wilcox is the guy I wanna see play this preseason

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you here. Didn't think Church was capable, maybe I'm wrong. Much more to come.

I have high hopes for Wilcox, I think he'll be much more of the ballhawk athletic type while Church moves up drop a shoulder into people. 2 years ago our secondary was a disaster, if all goes right it could be one of, if not our biggest asset.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eastbay I love that avatar. When I first saw it didn't realize it was Ware. Don't remember him hitting RGIII once.

Appreciate it, I am trying to find the one when Spencer layed the wood on Bob, it is even better....:nod:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have said before I like the way Church was playing before he was injured. I'm not ready to claim he is a great S but I think he will be better than most of the fans think he is and he can easily be the best S we have had in Dallas for years. Of course that's not a high bar that has been set.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said before I like the way Church was playing before he was injured. I'm not ready to claim he is a great S but I think he will be better than most of the fans think he is and he can easily be the best S we have had in Dallas for years. Of course that's not a high bar that has been set.

Church is a football player, I have always like what he brought to the table, even when he was a special teamer...:yahoo:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Church is a football player, I have always like what he brought to the table, even when he was a special teamer...:yahoo:

I can't say I was high on Church before last season. Up until then I saw nothing more than a ST'er

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I hope they show Tanner the door and sign the free agent rb. His name escapes me right now but he has some wheels.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
454GMpowered was FWD