• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trading for #1 Overall Pick

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the niners trading out of the first this year though... into early 2nd...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Teams will trade draft picks to get better now kind of how we collected an extra first with the Panthers(i think) a few years back.

i get the theory but the scenario is............we're trading out of 30th because there's no talent left on the board.

so who's going to "get better now" with a 30th pick, more so when not much talent is left?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I could see the niners trading out of the first this year though... into early 2nd...

ok, its always possible, LOW possibility but possible.

assuming we re-sign Alex Smith and say Rogers OR Goldson, this team is ok all around save WR. if there's nothing at WR come 30th, we might trade down.

for me, i'd still take the best value on the board - we're good enough to think quality over quantity.

KingJeglum

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i get the theory but the scenario is............we're trading out of 30th because there's no talent left on the board.

so who's going to "get better now" with a 30th pick, more so when not much talent is left?

The Saints traded their 2nd last year and 1st this year for the Pats 1st last year which was a very low pick (28 i think)

Furthermore, there are 22 position on the field, so in theory with the 30th pick you could be getting the second best player at a given position. Just because its the 30th pick doesn't mean its just a crap shoot and all these guys are scrubs...

In basketball, yah the lottery and the 30th pick are a word of difference, in the NFL I don't think having the 30th pick is as bad as it sounds.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Saints traded their 2nd last year and 1st this year for the Pats 1st last year which was a very low pick (28 i think)

Furthermore, there are 22 position on the field, so in theory with the 30th pick you could be getting the second best player at a given position. Just because its the 30th pick doesn't mean its just a crap shoot and all these guys are scrubs...

In basketball, yah the lottery and the 30th pick are a word of difference, in the NFL I don't think having the 30th pick is as bad as it sounds.

agreed, thats why i find it hard to believe the board will be THAT bare come 30th? at the same time, won't eliminate this possibility entirely. for example, if the Colts offer their 1st, then its a consideration. cause odds are their 2013 1st round slot will be high.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, its always possible, LOW possibility but possible.

assuming we re-sign Alex Smith and say Rogers OR Goldson, this team is ok all around save WR. if there's nothing at WR come 30th, we might trade down.

for me, i'd still take the best value on the board - we're good enough to think quality over quantity.

I agree with the quality, just saying I wouldn't be surprised to hear our pick been moved into the 2nd(low hopefully)...

Idk who will fall come draft time but i'm just as mix as far who to want.... i would probably name a lot of guys before we're on the clock. This is before the combine too, so, a lot will change.