• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

trades made

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the Lou bashing, guy has us set up better than 90% of the teams in the league when it comes to cap. Watch the fire sales and buyouts of quality players over the summer. What an idiot Lou is...

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kinda surprised by this as well.... this is our trade deal? I guess we got him for almost nothing... but will he really help what we need? Its almost like getting Jay Pando back.... yeah he can score, but will he? Lets see how he plays...

Also, havent seen Cups thoughts on this move.... although I think I know what they are.... surprised he hasnt chimed in yet.... or did I miss it....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kinda surprised by this as well.... this is our trade deal? I guess we got him for almost nothing... but will he really help what we need? Its almost like getting Jay Pando back.... yeah he can score, but will he? Lets see how he plays...

Also, havent seen Cups thoughts on this move.... although I think I know what they are.... surprised he hasnt chimed in yet.... or did I miss it....

Typical Lou, should gutted the team for goal scorer allergic to backchecking, watch us resign him 3 years 18 mill. First round and out. Look at all the other moves teams made. We should have sold everyone. There ya go.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Lou, should gutted the team for goal scorer allergic to backchecking, watch us resign him 3 years 18 mill. First round and out. Look at all the other moves teams made. We should have sold everyone. There ya go.

Theres Cup.... I knew he would chime in... oh wait.... lol

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was hoping to trade one of our excess Dmen, but I guess I can't be upset because the best a Dman got in a trade today was a 7th rounder. Must not have been a big market for them

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Steve Sullivan! THAT was our big move for a scorer? Was hoping to have my confidence re-inspired but that seems like another "reach into our past just to say I did something" move and im with his lack of size and age won't help ONE BIT. If he was so good, why did we trade him for an aging Doug Gilmour back in 97 because we didn't have enough reliable scorers? So why would we trade for him 16 years later? Am so sick of Lamoriello's lack of intelligence when it comes to handling players/contracts. Can;t wait til he fucking retires.

This post is so un-re-inspiring that my confidence is lagging. Another reach into earlier in the week just to whine again even though I had already given up post.

devil421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Side trade - Bishop to Tampa for Cory Conacher..love that trade for both teams.

Bishop goes to his what seems to be 5th team in 2 years..why cant this kid stick? He's really good.

Is Tampa trying to bolster their goaltending or start a new offensive line for the Bucs? Now, both of their goalies are huge.

Wow! Steve Sullivan! THAT was our big move for a scorer? Was hoping to have my confidence re-inspired but that seems like another "reach into our past just to say I did something" move and im with his lack of size and age won't help ONE BIT. If he was so good, why did we trade him for an aging Doug Gilmour back in 97 because we didn't have enough reliable scorers? So why would we trade for him 16 years later? Am so sick of Lamoriello's lack of intelligence when it comes to handling players/contracts. Can;t wait til he fucking retires.

Damn strange post considering your avatar.

devil421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Looks like that's it for Lou's moves. If you can believe him, that is.

Devils get Sullivan from Coyotes - 2013 Trade Deadline

"He provides depth at forward," Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello told reporters. "Like we've always said, you try to get better, but at what expense? So, we really did stand pat."

""You spend a week of seeing exactly what can and can't be done," he said. "It comes down to the last two days and the last few hours and nothing was done and we thought that was in the best interest of the organization to do nothing.

"It's no different this time than any other time. We'll always try to get better and we've always tried to do things earlier. We've started to get our bodies back so you can't make a better trade than getting [Dainius] Zubrus back and, hopefully, Kovy [Ilya Kovalchuk] in a short period of time and we get our team together."

Sounds like Lokti and D'Ag was Lou's "deadline" moves. Already paying off pretty well too.

KingOfNJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Alot of people jumping off the ship on this thread, but here's my take:

Was at the game Monday night and it was BRUTAL. Talk about nobody showing up, it was embarrassing. Team looked dead and the knockout punch to Kostopoulos was the icing on the cake.

But the teams play in the second period is why I won't throw in the towel yet. This is still a solid team and if people can step up and at least play to their potential, we should at least clinch a playoff spot. Get in and anything can happen.

But, the defense has been BAD all year (Tallinder and Volchenkov make me sick) and our top 6 forwards have really underachieved all year. I have more confidence in our bottom 6 then our top 6 at this point. Zajac? Henrique? Elias? Clarkson? WTF?

I wont call this season a wash, but if we don't get in, I wont be calling for anybodys heads or a complete roster overhaul. It's not like we came in with these stanley cup expectations like the rangers and have completely shit the bed.

When all is said and done the Loki trade was all worth it!

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agree with King and the last few other posters.
I know when the trade deadline is here, many turn into mini GMs. I also wanted to trade for some scoring help with Kovy out, but it takes 2 sides, and you also have to think future.
Devils don't have an overload of prospects and picks, and to be honest, with the way the team is playing now, not too many players were generating lots of interest.

The team was picked by almost nobody to make the playoffs this season. The early run I don't think was a total fluke. There is still time. Its been frustrating the past 6 or so weeks, but its definitely not over.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they get hot at the right time...

That's about all I (we) can hope for. Like the move. Solid guy. Like everyone else said, this is a good team IF they live up to their potential. Just doesn't seem to be urgency right now and I have no idea why. But, now that they are starting to move their way out of playoff position, who knows? That could cause the stir they need.

One more thing, need to keep out of the 8 seed. I do NOT feel like dealing with a 1st round series against the Pens. Those of you who don't live in and around Pittsburgh can't imagine the arrogance I hear daily.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't mind bishop coming here... the guy's size sold me honestly... or maybe we look that bad lol

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really yeppi with the Sullivan deal. Yeah we sent nothing out but I haven't been following PHX this year and with 5 goals only this season, I didn't miss much.

Old.... eww... does he have the speed still? unlikely....

we'll see i guess.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back Sully.... 1995 was a good year

543114_10151506828419583_859378289_n.jpg

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really yeppi with the Sullivan deal. Yeah we sent nothing out but I haven't been following PHX this year and with 5 goals only this season, I didn't miss much.

Old.... eww... does he have the speed still? unlikely....

we'll see i guess.

I'm not saying he'll light it up, but Phoenix makes us look like offensive juggernauts with their style of play. They essentially trap so I wouldn't invest a ton of stock into his numbers this year.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah the deal was meh at best. i know a lot of people will say hey its for a 7th rounder. to be honest with you i rather have the 7th rounder.

still bummed out that lou didnt ship any defense out of here

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fact one can find pics of Sully from 1995 is quite discouraging... he's no Marty

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
crazy no one is wearing visors in that pic