• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

trades made

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line to me is Kovy can take over a game, he's that type of player. Elias used to be, but at his age now it's hard to expect that. He may be consistent in points but what good is that doing right now? Guy like Kovy, Crosby, Malkin, etc can turn a game around when the team is down. If you notice right lately, the Devils are typically in every game they play. But when they go down by 1 or 2, nobody steps up and leads the team back. I mean, does this team have a decent comeback recently?

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're seriously gonna deny the fact that Kovy is a streaky goal scorer?

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes i will be more then happy letting other teams overpay for him because they will.

someone before mentioned chris simon once scored 30 goals. flukes happen. i will be insanely pissed off if they resign him to a huge contract. do i still want him on the team. yeah sure but as a 3rd line grinder and at that price!

there are more clarksons out there in the nhl then there are legit 30 goal scorers so why not go after one of those in the money that other teams will be paying for clarkson? if there isnt anyone out there then i dont want a move made just for the sake of making a move that will haunt us for 5 years

Dude I'm not saying we should overpay but we all know you'll complain long and loud about any FA that leaves...it's your MO

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You're seriously gonna deny the fact that Kovy is a streaky goal scorer?

sure hes streaky.................but i just showed you hes mooooooooooooooore then a goal scorer. im not counting on him scoring 50 goals anymore or 100pts. your still hung up on that i think

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah i complain when free agents with SKILL leave. a big difference. i didnt cry when madden got the boot same with pando or with poni last year. why? because just like clarkson the nhl is full of them

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure hes streaky.................but i just showed you hes mooooooooooooooore then a goal scorer. im not counting on him scoring 50 goals anymore or 100pts. your still hung up on that i think

So you admit he has a flaw. I guess you didn't notice or ignored the fact that I pretty much said its the only flaw he has left. I'm not hung up on anything. I just wouldn't put him on the same scale as Malkin, Sid, or Stamkos. I've even said him being out hurts the PK more than anything else, and its not because of his scoring.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Teams create game plans around Kovy. They don't create game plans to contain Elias and Clarkson. Not taking anything away from those 2, but they are not Kovy.
On the penalty kill, every team pays extra close attention to Kovy.
They worry about this shot and try to prevent it.

Even in OT, this team is terrible without him. Its clear as day.
The penalty kill, our short handed threat has pretty much disappeared.
Shootout, look at his stats.
Minutes played. The guy is a horse.
I was hoping to see Zajac, Clarkson, Henrique, Elias step up since he got injured. Can we honestly say anybody stepped up?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams create game plans around Kovy. They don't create game plans to contain Elias and Clarkson. Not taking anything away from those 2, but they are not Kovy.
On the penalty kill, every team pays extra close attention to Kovy.
They worry about this shot and try to prevent it.

Even in OT, this team is terrible without him. Its clear as day.
The penalty kill, our short handed threat has pretty much disappeared.
Shootout, look at his stats.
Minutes played. The guy is a horse.
I was hoping to see Zajac, Clarkson, Henrique, Elias step up since he got injured. Can we honestly say anybody stepped up?

The problem is the guys that I've noticed playing well of late aren't the top tier guys. Loki, Bernier, Gionta, Harrold have been solid but the problem is we need the other guys to step up.

Hopefully now with a game under his belt Zubrus can help out in some areas we've struggled with (PK, forecheck, killing clock etc.)

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There are exceptions. Loki has been great.
Like you said, the Bernier line has been the most consistent line we have, but they are not a top line.
Its tough because the Florida weekend, we pissed away 2 points.
I thought they played great against Ottawa, and lost that one too.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
problem is we have a lot of role playing 3rd line talent on this team.

bernier/gio/carter are a great 3rd line nothing more. i dont care how hard carter or bernier work they will always be 3rd liners.

zubrus/poni/clarkson more 4th line talent.

36 year old elias henrique loko kovy and travis are the only forwards that posses offensive skills.

with the defense its just a matter of age and miles on their legs

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
problem is we have a lot of role playing 3rd line talent on this team.

bernier/gio/carter are a great 3rd line nothing more. i dont care how hard carter or bernier work they will always be 3rd liners.

zubrus/poni/clarkson more 4th line talent.
36 year old elias henrique loko kovy and travis are the only forwards that posses offensive skills.

with the defense its just a matter of age and miles on their legs

Come on now.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
that i actually meant to put 3rd line. lol thats pretty funny though

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Early on in the season, Clarkson played like a 1st or 2nd line player. Then he became a 3rd or 4th liner.
I think the demand for him will still be high this summer. It will be a tough decision for the team.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Early on in the season, Clarkson played like a 1st or 2nd line player. Then he became a 3rd or 4th liner.
I think the demand for him will still be high this summer. It will be a tough decision for the team.

i know market value will indicate what he will get paid. but that doesnt mean we have to pay it. let toronto give him 5 million a year. he will bang in 10-15 a year for them up there.

funny we can overpay for a guy like clarkson and some people are fine with that. but we cant overpay for parise back when he was a ufa 2 years ago or when he was under contract a couple years before then.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dany Brousseau ‏@dbinfohockey 2m RT ‏@RealKyper Keep an eye on #Devils Uncle Lou. Apparently he got his 1st round pick to dangle and he wants a scoring winger. #TradeTracker

Straight from Twitter

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be ok with moving a first round pick as long as it's for somebody that can be a featured top line or top d pairing guy for the next 3 years or so. No way I'd do that for a rental.

Seeing that just made me angry again about the fact we have to lose a first rounder. Such garbage. It's been a few years, give us a pardon Gary.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously it has zero chance on happening but I would trade a 1st for Gaborik.

He's really the only available piece as of now that fits the "scoring winger" label.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Zids is the only guy not on the ice at practice according to TG. Fingers crossed.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously it has zero chance on happening but I would trade a 1st for Gaborik.

He's really the only available piece as of now that fits the "scoring winger" label.

Vanek would fit that role as well and is apparently available

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vanek would fit that role as well and is apparently available

Oh Id easily trade a 1st plus whatever else the Sabres wanted (except Marty , Kovy , Henrique and Larsson) for Vanek.

Wedgewood? Easily..Boucher? Easily.

If Lou could get Vanek that would be amazing.