• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

trades made

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Baumester to the blues for a first and prospects.

Regher to kings for 2 second rounders.

please Lou move someone on defense these prices are too good!!!!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing. I wonder what a guy like A-Train could get us in return?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just to get away from his contract would be a win

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't happen face it, the Devils long run of success is over. Time to blow it up and rebuild!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have to blow it up and rebuild. It's not like we don't have talent, this is the same team that went to the Stanley Cup minus Parise. The guys we have just need to play better. It's that simple. We're losing games for ourselves, we're not getting beat in games. There is a difference.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm fine with that. Heck thehabs went from worst to 2nd in the conference. It wont take much or long if our gm was smrt. Heck if he dealt Parise we would've been sitting pretty. Easily could've got a 1st out of the wild give up lastyears 29th pick which I believe was a waste. Mattuea wouldve been there in the second.

Then this year we would be sitting with 2 first rounders

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with that. Heck thehabs went from worst to 2nd in the conference. It wont take much or long if our gm was smrt. Heck if he dealt Parise we would've been sitting pretty. Easily could've got a 1st out of the wild give up lastyears 29th pick which I believe was a waste. Mattuea wouldve been there in the second.

Then this year we would be sitting with 2 first rounders

LMAO yeah our GM is a dolt....or one of the 2 most successful in the last 20 years..one r teh other

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I disagree

This team is performing exactly up to its talent level.

Goon in clarkson who sucks. Zajac who is a ghost without Parise. Zubrus a bust his entire career. Poni a worthless 3rd line talent.

Defense who are for the most part all 30.

2 40 year old goalies. This team is playing on par with its abilities

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hey dw I dont get paid to do lous job but even I knew gomez nieds rafalski Parise were all leaving.

Fucking trade them!!!!!!!

Don't give out "loyalty" contracts like the ones to Madden Pando Salvador. soon to be clarkson.

You have a great third line in gio bernier carter. Stop trying to add it with spare pieces and devils retreads. Poni dagastini.

Lokotoniov has been a good pickup

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Let me ask you this dw. What do you think clarkson should get next year?

Then

What do you think he will get from uncle Lou

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I answer your question with a question? Clarkson will be one of the hottest free agents this summer. If he leaves for a team that overpays him will you complain that Lou can't keep talent? And if we need to overpay to retain him will you get on Lou about overpaying for players you deem mediocre? I'm not trying to be a dick but it seems as though you have some contradicting philosophies.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, this is how i see it and where I'm coming from here. WE can't beat anybody I mean ANYBODY. We had 2 cupcakes and we pissed leads and points away in both. Fish Sticks and Rags just got to within 2 of 7th and with Boston and the Rags coming up what has this team done to show you we can beat THEM with a playoff spot on the line? This team resembles the 95-96 version IMO it would be better for us fans if we didn't squeak in because we would get humiliated.

We had an outstanding run these past 18 years (except 10-11) I wouldnt trade this for anything in the world but it's time for us to move in another direction IMO the run is over. Last year was Marty's last hurrah and we came up short (Thanks Mark Fayne and every official in game 6) It was a ride I'll never forget but we need to rebuild this team from the Goalie out and it needs to start April 28th.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next 2 games are losses without Kovy.

Yesterday I said that I dont see any team below us catching us..well it might be more of us choking ourselves outta the playoffs then it is a team like the Isles or Caps getting hot and passing us up.

Truth is we have zero power in the offensive zone w/o Kovy. Henrique isnt good enough yet to make other players around him better..and guys like Zajac and Elias who should be carrying this team right now are playing some of the worst hockey Ive seen them play.

Its sad too because I think the 3 moves that Lou has made this season have been more then solid. If Loki doesnt score another goal the rest of the season we still win that trade by a wide margin. And D'Agostini and Kostopoulos are decent enough.

But more players like that arent gonna get us that far. We NEED a scorer (Jagr , Vanek) nothing less. And that most likely isnt gonna happen.

But also lets not act like the team needs to be blown up..we lost a guy who scored 40 goals for us last season. Not many teams are able to handle that kind of blow. Agreed we should be playing better and tonight was a disgrace. But with Kovy its a different story. And unless it comes out that he's out for the season , I cant say we need to blow up the team. Although some players def need to be on their way out.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lou must replace "regular season Parise". As we know, "post season Parise" sucked. We need another scorer who can help us while Kovy is out, get into the playoffs, and in the playoffs.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cup, I get you're a "trade trade trade" person. But you trade Parise mid season and we don't make the playoff, let alone the finals. And the Lokti trade has been the best trade this year. Big trades don't always have to be big names. If anything the blame goes to DeBoer for mishandling lineups. There's no reason for Larsson to be missing games and Harrold has surprised the fuck out of me.

You can blame Elias and call Clarkson a goon all you want. But they're both up there with Kovy in goals with a better +/-. They're just as valuable as Kovy, and Kovy is just as good defensively as Elias. The problem is they're 2 out of maybe 4 forwards thats been playing good defense.

I'm back to being dead now.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I stand corrected, Clarkson is a -4 to Kovy's -2. Factor in PPGs, Kovy is even and Clarkson is +1.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Can I answer your question with a question? Clarkson will be one of the hottest free agents this summer. If he leaves for a team that overpays him will you complain that Lou can't keep talent? And if we need to overpay to retain him will you get on Lou about overpaying for players you deem mediocre? I'm not trying to be a dick but it seems as though you have some contradicting philosophies.

yes i will be more then happy letting other teams overpay for him because they will.

someone before mentioned chris simon once scored 30 goals. flukes happen. i will be insanely pissed off if they resign him to a huge contract. do i still want him on the team. yeah sure but as a 3rd line grinder and at that price!

there are more clarksons out there in the nhl then there are legit 30 goal scorers so why not go after one of those in the money that other teams will be paying for clarkson? if there isnt anyone out there then i dont want a move made just for the sake of making a move that will haunt us for 5 years

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cup, I get you're a "trade trade trade" person. But you trade Parise mid season and we don't make the playoff, let alone the finals. And the Lokti trade has been the best trade this year. Big trades don't always have to be big names. If anything the blame goes to DeBoer for mishandling lineups. There's no reason for Larsson to be missing games and Harrold has surprised the fuck out of me.

You can blame Elias and call Clarkson a goon all you want. But they're both up there with Kovy in goals with a better +/-. They're just as valuable as Kovy, and Kovy is just as good defensively as Elias. The problem is they're 2 out of maybe 4 forwards thats been playing good defense.

I'm back to being dead now.

the devils without parise last year would've made the playoffs and they wouldve made it to at the least the conference finals the way the cards fell with matchups. yes clarkson and elias have the same stat line but whos been more consistant out of the 3 all year. who plays 25mins a night 2mins at a clip on the powerplay you get kovy on the pk leading the team in it not clarkson.

Last edited by a moderator:

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but Clarkson has more PPGs and Elias leads in all points. You want to cherry pick stats, that's fine. But to say Kovy is consistent is a flat lie. Everyone knows he's streaky. But you'll always ignore the flaws

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lol he has 3 more points then him in 4 more games played.

clarkson has 5ppg to kovys 2. yet only 7pts to kovys 12 on the pp. i think you can easily make a case that his 5ppg probably have kovalchuk assists on them.

what flaws does kovalchuk have? he is the heart of the team. he does everything that elias does and he is easily 100000000000000x better then clarkson will ever be