• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we're going to be buyers why not start a dedicated thread? Who do you think we will go after, or who should we, etc. Who would you figure we can deal to get them?

For me it's a #2/3 starter and a 2B (we can probably wait and see on the 2B in case Panik really does do well enough). If we trade for a 2B we could conceivably deal Panik to get the pitcher too...

We may kick the tires on an ace like Price but I doubt we can outbid others and we don't need an ace.

So as I said in the other thread: Samardzija, Hamels, Lee...any others?

2B: Zobrist (discussed often), Daniel Murphy...

Who do we have to offer? You guys know the farm better but Crick, Hector Sanchez, Adrianza, Escobar, etc?

We might need Panik to work because we don't have that much to trade for 2 new starting players.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hesitant on Murphy. It appears the Mutts want a ransom for him, and I just dont see him worth it. Z may be a better fit, and may be cheaper anyway. The Rays are in in full trade mode. Maybe work out something for Z AND Price...

I think Crick and Susac are gone. Susac's trade value, unfortunately, may not be where we want it to be, though. He has had a lot of down time so teams may be hesitant to roll the dice on him.

We cant afford to trade Sanchez. We are in a race and BU catcher is too important, especially when the face of the org is our starting catcher.

Not sure what value Escobar has right now. Maybe we can get a team to take a flier on Brown?

Finally, I am beginning to think (I have mentioned this a few times over the last few days) that OF may be a point of search. If Pagan is becoming a liability (health wise), we will need the extra body. Z may semi-solve this, though.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember the thread, as I said I'm surprised to hear (elsewhere) that Ramirez is being shopped. I guess he is 32 yrs old and expensive, and the Sox like their 2 up and coming middle infielders. So I was wrong about that. Beckham is younger and cheaper and I really really doubt they don't want him for their push next year but I'm just some mope on the internet so who knows. Beckham would be a very good fit at 2B for us. And Ramirez would be a great add if he could play 2B.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hesitant on Murphy. It appears the Mutts want a ransom for him, and I just dont see him worth it. Z may be a better fit, and may be cheaper anyway. The Rays are in in full trade mode. Maybe work out something for Z AND Price...

I think Crick and Susac are gone. Susac's trade value, unfortunately, may not be where we want it to be, though. He has had a lot of down time so teams may be hesitant to roll the dice on him.

We cant afford to trade Sanchez. We are in a race and BU catcher is too important, especially when the face of the org is our starting catcher.

Not sure what value Escobar has right now. Maybe we can get a team to take a flier on Brown?

Finally, I am beginning to think (I have mentioned this a few times over the last few days) that OF may be a point of search. If Pagan is becoming a liability (health wise), we will need the extra body. Z may semi-solve this, though.

I think we CAN afford to trade Hacktor...the Susser is just about ready to come up. He's a superior receiver and can hit enough to get it done.

Crick is the shiniest trade chip, but we'd be selling low on him. Ditto Eskie, Stratton, Mejia. The top four SP prospects are all struggling this year, so that's disappointing.

Williamson is hurt (TJ surgery), Arroyo just came off the DL, so neither are going to draw much interest.

That leaves Hembree, Blach, Panik, and Blackburn as legit trade chips, along with Hacktor and maybe EA.

Not sure we have enough to get a Price. I don't see us upgrading the rotation this year, Broken Cain and Broken Timmy will just have to figure it out. And Bum, Tron, and Huddy will need to continue to pitch well.

There is an outside shot that Eskie figures it out and replaces Broken Timmy.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we CAN afford to trade Hacktor...the Susser is just about ready to come up. He's a superior receiver and can hit enough to get it done.

Crick is the shiniest trade chip, but we'd be selling low on him. Ditto Eskie, Stratton, Mejia. The top four SP prospects are all struggling this year, so that's disappointing.

Williamson is hurt (TJ surgery), Arroyo just came off the DL, so neither are going to draw much interest.

That leaves Hembree, Blach, Panik, and Blackburn as legit trade chips, along with Hacktor and maybe EA.

Not sure we have enough to get a Price. I don't see us upgrading the rotation this year, Broken Cain and Broken Timmy will just have to figure it out. And Bum, Tron, and Huddy will need to continue to pitch well.

There is an outside shot that Eskie figures it out and replaces Broken Timmy.

Blackburn has also been hurt, so his trade value is near null right now.

And it is currently debatable as to Susac's defensive abilities. He has a lot of PBs this year, so he may be having his issues (it also is possible that the scoring has just been unkind to him).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely off-topic, but I did not want to create a new thread just for this...

HWSNBN has been perma-banned from the Hoop. Happened about about 2-weeks ago.

Carry on.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely off-topic, but I did not want to create a new thread just for this...

HWSNBN has been perma-banned from the Hoop. Happened about about 2-weeks ago.

Carry on.

:yahoo:

I wonder what finally did it?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crick, Susac, Adrianza, IFA pool money (believe this can be traded now) for Samardzjia

Scrabble is an interesting guy; 29 and might be figuring it out. He's on an all-star pace this year, and has been a 2.5 - 3.0 WAR guy before. Mid threes FIP, sub three this year.

It's just difficult to know if this is a breakout or a career year.

He would be under team control through 2015 (arb 3), so that's a plus, but it will drive his price up.

I'm glad I'm not SabeySabes.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a fucking tool?

:noidea:

Well, he's been that way for years, so something must have triggered the hammer...or maybe it was just enough.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scrabble is an interesting guy; 29 and might be figuring it out. He's on an all-star pace this year, and has been a 2.5 - 3.0 WAR guy before. Mid threes FIP, sub three this year.

It's just difficult to know if this is a breakout or a career year.

He would be under team control through 2015 (arb 3), so that's a plus, but it will drive his price up.

I'm glad I'm not SabeySabes.

Dunno, seems like a pretty good life he's been living...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A low key add could be SP Jonathan Niese, of the Mets. But I don't know if we can upgrade the rotation. Are the Giants prepared to make Tim a bullpen pitcher? I don't think so. Agreed with tzill, Cain just has to figure his shit out, and hope that Tim can go 5 without imploding.

I still like Zobrist a lot, but want to see what Panik can do.

With Belt coming back, hopefully soon-ish, the OF situation will figure itself out. I think Colvin and Blanco are good enough there. Are Arias/EA/Hicks getting it done though? Again, if Scoots ever comes back he can provide decent depth, but it wouldn't be smart to bank on that. Maybe we could use some dept there (another Jeff Keppinger type trade)

Another though point is that we are probably really tough to trade with at this point because our prospects have not been pitching well, and our hitters are injured. We might be selling low on a lot of them. The Giants do have a few lower minors sleepers who are pitching very well, who could be used as bait. I'd hate to see them go, personally.

On the other side, I don't know how thrilled I am with Jeff Samardzjia. One, I'll have to look his name up to spell it correctly all the damn time. Two, his value is at an all-time high and he's already 29. This is the time he should be peaking, so to me, he's only going to go downhill. At least, that is what I fear. We'll have to give up a lot for him.

The Giants are a tricky team right now. Belt may be the only upgrade we need, if Panik can stick.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a complete left turn (change of subject, but related), but what are the feelings of "doing anything to go for it this year" if we lessen the chances of being in the race in '15, '16, '17 ?

Do we trade away Crick, Susac, Duvall for a 2-3 month rental?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a complete left turn (change of subject, but related), but what are the feelings of "doing anything to go for it this year" if we lessen the chances of being in the race in '15, '16, '17 ?

Well, most of the players being mentioned are multi-year guys. Price has another year, Zobrist has another year, Jeff Samaffhvvfa has 2 more years, Murphy has another year, Jonathan Niese has 3 more years. I'd be more okay with multi-year guys than rentals.

What are some rentals that could be possibilities?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've no problem with trading Duvall...but I doubt he's got much value. Maybe as a DH in the AL.

Crick and Susac? Not unless I get Price.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the "glass half full" side:

1) We still have a 4 game lead.
2) The Doyers ain't gettin' Bills back this year.
3) St Louis just lost Wacha and Garcia to the DL with shoulder injuries.
4) We are getting Belt back soon.
5) We may be getting Scutaro back for the playoff run, on however limited a basis.
6) Casilla is back.
7) Pence, Panda, and Vogey all came back from horrendous starts to this year. So let's not write Cain and Timmeh off just yet.
8) Panik shows promise.

We built a huge lead even without some of these guys. When we are healthy, we are an excellent ballclub with few if any holes - a definite WS contender.

I would not be in favor of a "Beltran for Wheeler" type deal at this point. Anybody we can realistically and affordably get is not going to be that much better than who we already have. I think we can have our cake (a deep playoff run) and eat it, too (keep our farm intact) with the status quo. If we can somehow get Zobrist cheap, fine. Or maybe a scrap heap SP for a song (no, not for Vogey!), fine.

My opinion may change if Panik/A-Ray/Scutaro doesn't work at 2B, or if Cain/Timmeh continue to soil the sheets. We have a month to figure that out - that's like 6 more starts for each of them.