• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade rumor lingering

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea RamCub. Go with Clemons, resign Davis or a Pat White or both and call it a season starting over with getting the next franchise QB in the draft.

I agree, except for drafting another QB.....

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go with the BS knee jerk reactive reaction...

All we had to do was sign Josh Freeman.

Idiots. I like Ponder, he has wheels. But he's not a very good QB. I'd take the current FSU QB over him right now.

I'm anxious to see how Freeman does in his first start since joining the Vikings less than 2 weeks ago.

I agree concerning Freeman. I told my son they should sign him as soon as he was cut. I don't view Clemens as a viable option as a backup and Freeman would have at least pushed Sam. It would be nice to have him right about now.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances the Rams try to sign Cutty next season? Fisher wanted him bad when Bud forced him to take VY.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No trading for a QB... Sign a FA as many have a said and draft our next franchise QB.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Murray will drop to the 3rd?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are going to give up a draft pick the better QB would be Cousins. But you know the Redskins will want a number one back and then THE trade with the Redskins for RGIII will have taken a nullifying turn. Cousins is the best of the three mentioned.

But once again, this is a conflagaration of poor decision making that SJ76 is correct again on that now forces us to make a knee-jerk reaction or so it seems. Apparently, since the Rams are considering those three QBS, they are looking for a starter and have little faith in Clemons which is even more of the same shit sending that kind of message to potentially your starting QB.

This is the heart of the matter. Why even have Clemons on the roster if you don't have faith in the guy to be a starter? Instead of coming out like Vermeil did, like TEB mentioned in another thread, and stating unequivocally, we are going with Clemons and we are going to play damn good football come hell or high water, no, they are hemming and hawing and "considering" a knee-jerk reaction which is what we saw in this last draft.

These guys are not proactive, they are reactive. Another question. Why didn't Fisher stand up for his players yesterday when there was a whole boatload of cheap shots going on?? Especially when C. Long got ejected in clearly a biased refs action and he lost his starting QB to a cheap shot? Fisher's response at half? Don't hurt the team. WTH???

To me this is the shit that the Rams have hardwired into their corporate thinking. Bring in shit players, then throw them under the bus and then expect the "team" to play great football. Their solution-go trade for a starter. You know they are going to get screwed in the ass and we are going to cut our own throats in the long run!!! WTH?? This stuff is really starting to piss me off!!!
I'll answer your two questions Retro.

1. There is no reason why other than to spot your starter if he needs to sit out a few plays for one reason or another but that's not good enough for me. If you don't have a guy who you can count on to spot your QB a few games in the NFL and expect a win or two than you don't have a back-up QB IMO.

2. I know this is different however I was tired of Jeff Fisher making excuses for his teams penalties, and I don't doubt the FO wasn't a bit tired of it too. Jeff has had a focus on penalties and seemed to have it under control for the most part. It was obvious that one of the tactics the Panthers were employing was to bait the Rams into making some penalties since they showed they were so good at making dumb penalties in their first four games this year. That said I have no problem with Jeff making his stand on not hurting your team. Just because someone drops the bait, doesn't mean you need to bite!!

That said, that ref team needs to fall under a lot of scrutiny for their performance. They lost control of that game and as a result we now must shop for a QB IMO. When teams start to get a little chippy with one another, it is their responsibility to pull the hanky early and often to get things back under control. In this aspect they failed miserable.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB isn't the issue here. It is the OL. It always has been. We can't block, period. This is why Sam is hurt. He has to run for his life week in and week out.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me Dennis Dixon all day.

And Aaron Murray is not the answer. LOL He reminds me of Jimmy Claus.
No thanks.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEB11 - Sam is hurt because he scrambled on a play and couldn't make up his mind if he was going to run, throw it, or run out of bounds. Every QB in the NFL needs to scramble every now and then, and the slower ones have to make a DECISION and stick to it.

Cam Newton makes a living scrambling 8-9 times a game and keeps defenses honest.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEB11 - Sam is hurt because he scrambled on a play and couldn't make up his mind if he was going to run, throw it, or run out of bounds. Every QB in the NFL needs to scramble every now and then, and the slower ones have to make a DECISION and stick to it.

Cam Newton makes a living scrambling 8-9 times a game and keeps defenses honest.

Correct, but you can't blame anyone for a freak accident.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I put the blame on no one. Those guys are at full speed out there, it's not easy to make decisions.

Which is why you need someone who can make smart, quick reactions to defenses. Someone preferrably with speed, like Cam who escape a pocket that collapses.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I put the blame on no one. Those guys are at full speed out there, it's not easy to make decisions.

Which is why you need someone who can make smart, quick reactions to defenses. Someone preferrably with speed, like Cam who escape a pocket that collapses.

Ya but those guys always get hurt too. Maybe Cam wont get hurt because he's built like a TE but Wilson, RGIII, Vick, and maybe Kaep will all get hurt because of their playing style. But imo the point is kind of moot because even Brady got hurt badly in the pocket. And I understand why bradford did what he did, he was trying to make something out of nothing and he had to do what he had to do. I don't mind not having the most mobile QB in the league as they have proven they are just as capable winning.
BTW can we actually blame Brian Quick? If he would of caught that easy easy eaaaasy TD pass that Sam floated into him in the endzone we wouldn't be here talking about this right now. We might of still lost but at least it would of been a competitive contest.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned that about Quick dropping a sure TD pass in my post-game analysis jacobarch!

RAM-N-IT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RAMS aren't going anywhere this season, Look to the Draft or FA for a QB. Bradford couldn't cut it when he had a healthy knee, now with the torn ACL, you really think he's gonna be a better QB next year?

Time for the RAMS to move on from SB and find a QB who is gonna take us to the next level. Thanks SAM, you tried, but in the end you weren't the guy for ST. Louis.

RAMS have 2 no 1 picks next year. Use one or both to get the Best QB in next years draft.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Blue.... your boy John Skelton is available....why not ??

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current QBs on practice squads:

Dennis Dixon (Bills)
Greg McElroy (Bengals)
Chandler Harnish (Colts)
Matt Scott (Jaguars)
Tyler Wilson (Raiders)
Alex Tanney (Cowboys)
Scott Tolzien (Packers)
Seth Doege (Falcons)
Ryan Griffin (Saints)
Jordan Rodgers (Bucs)
On that list Tyler Wilson seems like the guy with the most upside. He was a great prospect in college but Arkansas tanked and he totally fell off but he is the only one that might provide some hope

RAM-N-IT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stick with Clemens for the rest of the season, Hell sign Matt Leinart as the backup, he'll come cheap who knows he may even surprise us, but to waste a trade this season is stupid. The season is over for the RAMS, the Seahawks and 49ers are the the contenders in the NFC WEST this season.

Wait until next draft pick a young QB and start over. The RAMS are the youngest team in the NFL, so what's another year of being young gonna hurt us.

Sam B. is done in St. L.

Time to look for a new Franchise QB for the RAMS.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam B. is done in St. L.

Time to look for a new Franchise QB for the RAMS.
I wouldn't rule out all of the obvious franchise QB prospects being gone by the time the Rams pick next year.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB isn't the issue here. It is the OL. It always has been. We can't block, period. This is why Sam is hurt. He has to run for his life week in and week out.

This year there are about 25 QB's who are getting sacked more per pass play than Sammie, over the past few years Rodgers has gotten sacked more than Sammie, Newton gets sacked more often than Sammie, there are more! And if these guys are getting sacked more, then they are also getting hit more even when they aren't sacked.
Yes our oline isn't the best, but they are average just like a lot of the other olines in the NFL. We need to quit blaming Sammes woes on the line, they have given him time on numerous other plays and he still hasn't come through.