• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Idea

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asik/Lin/Montiejunas for Klay/Bogut

I'm assuming Parsons and Jones are off the table, and if Montiejunas is too much, or a bad fit, I think I would be fine with Greg Smith as a back-up big man. Also, at first glance, there is the natural, "why would the Rockets do this?" Well, Asik is upset, and everybody knows it, so they need to get an asset for him before he bolts in two years (granted, they have time, but why start the DH12 era on such a DH12-ish note?).

Also, why would the Rockets "throw in" their only NBA-level PG for two redundant positions? In the Rockets system, Klay would be the perfect 3 with Canaan?, Harden, Parsons and Dwight or a great 2 w/ Harden at the point and Jones at the elbow, or Bogut in and Dwight on the bench. Plus, Bogut benefits from only being needed for the play-offs or stretch run, and if he doesn't work out, his contract expires before Asik's. Another chance for this trade is that Lin is a defensive liability. Harden is a good defender, but with his offensive prowess, it is bad idea to have him on the best wing player (plus, I think his D has gotten worse since his role has changed with the move to Houston).

Jones helps by being a better defender than Parsons, but Chandler can stretch the floor for the Harden/DH12(and occasionally Bogut) pick and roll, and in most instances TJ and CP have to be guarding the 4 (in non-clogged up settings). I don't know if the money works (due to Lin's contract) or if it is necessarily the best thing to practically invite that guy that was obsessed with Jeremy Lin back into our midst, but I believe this move could help both teams. I would be alright with a move for Asik/Jones/Canaan, too, though I know very little about the Murray State PG, and I assume Bogut's money messes with that possibility (come on, trade exemptions!).

Last edited by a moderator:

llemon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see why Warriors would do this

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see why Warriors would do this

It improves depth while, possibly, freeing up more money down the road and gaining an asset for a broken-down former Top 5 Center. I would be happier if they were unloading Lee's contract, but it may not be possible to get equal value and improve depth in that scenario. Plus, I think that wrinkle would make Jones or Parsons a must to include, and I doubt the Rockets do that.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not a big fan of this trade idea. If you were to trade Bogut and Klay, even without homer expectations you could get something better back than Asik, Lin's terrible contract and a fringe prospect with Motiejunas.

Lin is pretty much a backup with a starter price tag. His contract also ascends I believe which hurts our cap and possibly luxury tax, once Curry's contract kicks in and Lee's also keeps rising.

Asik is nice, but he's supremely limited on offense. I firmly believe Ezeli could be just as productive as Asik if given his type of minutes.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not a big fan of this trade idea. If you were to trade Bogut and Klay, even without homer expectations you could get something better back than Asik, Lin's terrible contract and a fringe prospect with Motiejunas.

Lin is pretty much a backup with a starter price tag. His contract also ascends I believe which hurts our cap and possibly luxury tax, once Curry's contract kicks in and Lee's also keeps rising.

Asik is nice, but he's supremely limited on offense. I firmly believe Ezeli could be just as productive as Asik if given his type of minutes.

Fair enough. I've never been super impressed with what Lin brings, but I figured he was necessary to offset Bogut's big money and add more incentives for the Rockets to do the deal (despite handcuffing their PG position). I knew the Rockets made a mistake signing Lin to that deal based on half a season in a favorable system, but I see him working well w/ the other back court and wing players on the Dubs (albeit at your discussed high price). How about Asik/Jones/Lin/Motiejunas/2014 1st for Klay/Bogut/Lee?

I see more value in the development of Asik, but we can certainly disagree. I think Omer can be exactly what we all hoped Bogut could return to. AB (the only one on the team, now!) can still, hopefully, be a positive force for at least 50 games a year, but if not, it will be time to move on without receiving any assets (even an overpaid one), and losing another season of developing a championship-caliber team. I'm not trying to "force" a deal because I think the Iggy move strengthens the team enough until the deadline, but I do like to bounce things around. Thanks for the input.

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's better than your first trade, but I still don't see how that helps the team. The FO is looking to win now. So I doubt they take on; a non-starter with a $15 mil contract next year, a decent starting big scheduled to make $15 mil next year, a project big, and a low 2014 1st just to unload Lee, plus they'd have to give up two other starters in the process.

The only trade I'm looking to make this offseason (for a player that's been in the rumor mills) is Lee/Klay for LaMarcus Aldridge. Then a separate deal with the trade exemption for a contract that Portland wants to get rid of, since Lee and Klay probably wont be enough and since the Dubs don't have any more 1st rounders to trade.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's better than your first trade, but I still don't see how that helps the team. The FO is looking to win now. So I doubt they take on; a non-starter with a $15 mil contract next year, a decent starting big scheduled to make $15 mil next year, a project big, and a low 2014 1st just to unload Lee, plus they'd have to give up two other starters in the process.

The only trade I'm looking to make this offseason (for a player that's been in the rumor mills) is Lee/Klay for LaMarcus Aldridge. Then a separate deal with the trade exemption for a contract that Portland wants to get rid of, since Lee and Klay probably wont be enough and since the Dubs don't have any more 1st rounders to trade.

Lee and Klay for Aldriidge is to much IMO. He's a bigger David Lee with better D. I would ask the wolves about Kevin Love though

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The above trades are good possibilities. My ideas were to sacrifice some talent for depth and routinely-injured/overpaid with never out of the line-up/still developing/overpaid. With the Douglas and O'Neal signings, trading with the Rockets doesn't provide an upgrade in depth. That is as good an indication as any that the trade wouldn't work for the Warriors. I was fearing the front office would plug holes with worse players or get priced out. Worse yet, with what was left, they could have ended up grabbing players with skill sets that didn't match their needs. That didn't happen here, and it gives me even more faith in the front office.

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee and Klay for Aldriidge is to much IMO. He's a bigger David Lee with better D. I would ask the wolves about Kevin Love though

I think Aldridge is better than Love and he's not as injury prone. I'm not sure if you're overvaluing Klay or Lee at this point, but the Warriors would be lucky if they were to get Aldridge or Love for a Lee(contract, no defense)/Klay(good, but expendable with AI) package. That's only my opinion though.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lin' last year at 15 million is worse than D.Lee's last year at 18 mil?

I think Bogut wouldn't have a problem coming off the bench if that's what the team needed.

Asik Could come here and play 35+ mins a night if he wanted, but I believe Bogut is still the better player.

I'd rather keep Bogut personally

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Aldridge is better than Love and he's not as injury prone. I'm not sure if you're overvaluing Klay or Lee at this point, but the Warriors would be lucky if they were to get Aldridge or Love for a Lee(contract, no defense)/Klay(good, but expendable with AI) package. That's only my opinion though.

Don't agree on the Aldridge being better than Love part. Love was top 5 in offense+defense per 200 possesions

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't agree on the Aldridge being better than Love part. Love was top 5 in offense+defense per 200 possesions

I don't agree either. Neither, to me, are great 1 on 1 defenders, but Love is a beast on the boards, has better range and is 3 years younger.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree either. Neither, to me, are great 1 on 1 defenders, but Love is a beast on the boards, has better range and is 3 years younger.

Don't forget better passer. Aldridge isn't bad at this aspect of the game, but both Love and Lee are elite (which isn't super important from the 4, but nice). Love would slightly improve D, vastly improve offensive rebounding (defensively, I think all three players are equally good at rebound positioning), keep the passing out of the post about the same and be on a more understandable contract. There may be a three-team deal here as I know everyone in Portland would love to bring Kevin back to the PNW. I would be happy with either LA or K.Love coming to the Bay Area if it meant Lee's contract and poor defensive footwork were leaving. Aldridge seems more likely, but I think Love is the better fit.