• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade for Josh Willingham

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like De Aza, but I just don't understand why we would go after him. He would in essence replace Perez, and Sabey (apparently) is very high on JCP.

Gardy makes sense as a target. He is an upgrade, and condenses the roster (one player instead of a platoon allows for more bench-flexibility). De Aza just seems like more of the same of what we already have (4/5 OFers).

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like De Aza, but I just don't understand why we would go after him. He would in essence replace Perez, and Sabey (apparently) is very high on JCP.

Gardy makes sense as a target. He is an upgrade, and condenses the roster (one player instead of a platoon allows for more bench-flexibility). De Aza just seems like more of the same of what we already have (4/5 OFers).

Exactly. The platoon would end up being De Aza/Pill with JCP as late-inning defense. I think De Aza is an upgrade over Blanco, and they might be able to replace whatever filler from the minors by shipping out the Shark. You're trading a year of control for 70 OPS points, a better stolen base percentage and a sensible platoon. Not sexy, but an improvement. Hence, my leaning toward Gardner. With Hart in Seattle, Gutierrez becomes more of a possibility, too. A Blanco/Gutierrez platoon isn't a bad Plan B or C (though, I wish Franklin would K less).