• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

trade for another WR

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If there was another vet WR like Anquan on the market, that we could trade for with a late round pick, I would go for it. Especially if it's a guy with 1 year left on the contract.

I don't really see who's gonna step up across from Boldin, and I'm not impressed with Jenkins, Kyle Williams or anyone one else being consistent on the other side.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If no one steps up by the second preseason game, I would hope they just give moss a call

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If no one steps up by the second preseason game, I would hope they just give moss a call

No Moss, but if there's another good vet WR on some team that is going to be a cap casualty I'd be up for bringing him in. I cannot think of anyone off the top of my head.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would think Brandon Lloyd or Steve Breaston could be a fill in.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anquan for a 6th was SUCH a good trade. He's going to fill in great as a possession WR.

We need to make another shrewd trade for another WR like we did for Anquan.

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke needs to call up Tennessee and ask about Nate Washington or :gulp: Kenny Britt. Another possible team would be San Diego, since it's not possible that they keep all 4 WR's out of Malcom Floyd, Robert Meachem, Vincent Brown, and Danario Alexander; any of the 4 is an upgrade over what we currently have behind Boldin.

This one is a stretch, but my favorite move would be trading with Oakland for Denarius Moore, but since hes now considered their #1 WR, I can't see them moving him; so I would settle for Jacoby Ford, who seems to be on the hot seat because Rod Streater is pushing him into only a slot WR role; with that speed though, he should be playing outside. Plus we solve two problems with one move, cause Ford can also serve as our returner.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was another vet WR like Anquan on the market, that we could trade for with a late round pick, I would go for it. Especially if it's a guy with 1 year left on the contract.

I don't really see who's gonna step up across from Boldin, and I'm not impressed with Jenkins, Kyle Williams or anyone one else being consistent on the other side.

If all goes well Manningham should be ready for the start of the season. K Williams has done well as a WR. Patton I feel will be better than some people think. I'm not sure about Jenkins but it is still early in the camp to tell how he has progressed. I'm not worried as much as some about Crabtree being out. We could pick up another WR but I don't feel any desperation.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea a WR the 49ers could trade for but I would be down for getting 1 of these WRs off FA: Brandon Lloyd, Mike Sims-Walker, Steve Breaston, Donald Jones & Laurent Robinson.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Baalke needs to call up Tennessee and ask about Nate Washington or :gulp: Kenny Britt. Another possible team would be San Diego, since it's not possible that they keep all 4 WR's out of Malcom Floyd, Robert Meachem, Vincent Brown, and Danario Alexander; any of the 4 is an upgrade over what we currently have behind Boldin.

This one is a stretch, but my favorite move would be trading with Oakland for Denarius Moore, but since hes now considered their #1 WR, I can't see them moving him; so I would settle for Jacoby Ford, who seems to be on the hot seat because Rod Streater is pushing him into only a slot WR role; with that speed though, he should be playing outside. Plus we solve two problems with one move, cause Ford can also serve as our returner.

Why isn't it possible for SD to keep all four of those guys? Teams generally keep five or six WRs. None of those guys is outrageously expensive.

I also can't see Oakland parting with any of their receivers. They have no established receivers and will not be looking to move anyone who could be a decent player. Jacoby Ford isn't on the "hot seat" because he may not be a starter. He's just in competition for the second or third spot. He's a perfectly fine third or even fourth receiver who is very likely to make the team based on his STs ability alone.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that we should bring Lloyd back.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of people are going to be surprised by Patton. He might not step up and be the #1 guy, but I think he is going to make a lot of plays. I would just leave it alone right now and see how the guys pan out.

Just a thought as well...maybe if the front office doesn't make a move it is a good sign that the guys are coming along and they feel they can hold off until Crabtree is back. We still have Davis and McDonald looks like he can be a threat as well.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of people are going to be surprised by Patton. He might not step up and be the #1 guy, but I think he is going to make a lot of plays. I would just leave it alone right now and see how the guys pan out.

Just a thought as well...maybe if the front office doesn't make a move it is a good sign that the guys are coming along and they feel they can hold off until Crabtree is back. We still have Davis and McDonald looks like he can be a threat as well.

Yea, think we caught up with the title of WR too much? Davis should be the #2 guy in the offense anyway with his ability and defensive mismatch against LBs and most Safeties. I think Kyle williams should be able to make plays as well if defenses key in on boldin and davis.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, think we caught up with the title of WR too much? Davis should be the #2 guy in the offense anyway with his ability and defensive mismatch against LBs and most Safeties. I think Kyle williams should be able to make plays as well if defenses key in on boldin and davis.

If Williams stays healthy I think he is a really good wide out. A lot of people don't like him because of the Giants game, but I still do. I like him in the return game still as well.