• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we gonna be buyers.....??......The deadline is Nov 5th.

Ooper and Adams have moved to better teams,Im thinking we will do the same,just like trading for Sweat last season.

If we do,its pretty much gotta be someone on that oline or dline....

Our oline has been playing better,but not sure if thats product of the teams we are playing.......Id like to think/hope that Borom and Bates will satisfy our needs......

The deadline is Nov 4th or 5th I believe,so theres time to see if those two can solidify the line.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we gonna be buyers.....??......The deadline is Nov 5th.

Ooper and Adams have moved to better teams,Im thinking we will do the same,just like trading for Sweat last season.

If we do,its pretty much gotta be someone on that oline or dline....

Our oline has been playing better,but not sure if thats product of the teams we are playing.......Id like to think/hope that Borom and Bates will satisfy our needs......

The deadline is Nov 4th or 5th I believe,so theres time to see if those two can solidify the line.....
We could be buyers or sellers or both.....or none of the above. I could see us attempting to acquire some additional OL/DL help. But I can also see us shipping out a player or two. Herbert and Jones, Jr immediately come to mind, altho I think it would only be one or the other. Don't want to trade off half of your backfield depth. Then again, the way the Bears are playing of late, even if it has been against lesser talented teams, I can also see Poles simply playing the hand he's currently dealt.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could be buyers or sellers or both.....or none of the above. I could see us attempting to acquire some additional OL/DL help. But I can also see us shipping out a player or two. Herbert and Jones, Jr immediately come to mind, altho I think it would only be one or the other. Don't want to trade off half of your backfield depth. Then again, the way the Bears are playing of late, even if it has been against lesser talented teams, I can also see Poles simply playing the hand he's currently dealt.
Poles has been aggressive at each deadline during his time here. That being said, I think with this season, it makes sense to stand your ground. At least, when it comes to the "splashier" moves we made in 2022 and 2023. I don't envision anything like that going down. MAYBE for a pass rusher? Since, we almost made that deal for Judon at the end of camp?

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I am trying to figure out how over the cap works. When I saw Davante in the Rodgers and McAfee segment, I checked. It said the jets had 5 million in space. This morning it says 13 million.
Did not look at the bills, but this morning shows they have 2.5 million in space since they have 63 million in dead money.

You know who has 28 million in space? The Lions. Great drafts, great choices, wondering if Maxx Crosby comes back home to Michigan to replace Hutchinson.

I think Bates has to get some playing time after the bye for the bears to be completely comfortable in not making a move, but will he be in at Guard or Center and what will be left to trade for after the Arizona game? We have a different set of corners back there that make the getting pressure from the line less important since they can cover for a long time.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont think we would be sellers......Our team is looking good on D and not so well on oline.......

Have not heard any team on wanting to one,but Id ba sll for it.........

Being the Raiders look like they are sellers,trying to acquire Maxx Crosby would be very intriguing......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think we would be sellers......Our team is looking good on D and not so well on oline.......

Have not heard any team on wanting to one,but Id ba sll for it.........

Being the Raiders look like they are sellers,trying to acquire Maxx Crosby would be very intriguing......

Scratch that idea......not happening.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Scratch that idea......not happening.
Yeah, living out here in Sin City, rest assured Maxx Crosby is far and away the most popular player in town. Second most popular isn't even close. While we can never say never, I think it would take the sun and the moon prying the #1 draw to the Raiders games away from this city. I'm guessing something along the lines of two #1s and two #2s just to get the conversation started.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos to the bears fan that has an article posted that the Colts should trade for Nate Davis.

Maybe we can technically be a seller?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if thus has any legs but I guess we will see:

If we could get a 6th for him, I'd take it in a heartbeat. Personally, I think Khalil's better than a 6th, but the way the Bears are using him or better yet, not using him, it's signalling to the league that he's not in the future plans. And since he's a UFA after this season, the Bears really have no leverage at all. So if I was Poles and a team offered me a 6th, it would take me a nanosecond to accept.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its amazing, career 4.8 yards per attempt with his longest from scrimmage 63 yards, so its not some bloated stat because he has had 2 or 3 90 yard runs. Now delegated to special teams and behind Homer, a special team player.

I really liked what I saw in Wheeler in preseason, but being of little value as an UFA, I doubt he gets a legitimate shot next year either and they draft another one. I never thought Wheeler was hurt that badly, but they knew they did not even have room for Herbert this year so packing him away with no designation to return was their only move.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its amazing, career 4.8 yards per attempt with his longest from scrimmage 63 yards, so its not some bloated stat because he has had 2 or 3 90 yard runs. Now delegated to special teams and behind Homer, a special team player.

I really liked what I saw in Wheeler in preseason, but being of little value as an UFA, I doubt he gets a legitimate shot next year either and they draft another one. I never thought Wheeler was hurt that badly, but they knew they did not even have room for Herbert this year so packing him away with no designation to return was their only move.

He tore his ACL man. LOL

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when someone writes they never thought means nothing? I was not a fanboi watching the HBO reality show LOL.

You're probably the only person on this planet that spent time evaluating an injury for an on-the-fringe player during a Thursday night preseason game. Are you telling me that you actually sat there like "Ian Wheeler's injury probably ain't that bad" for what, like 10 hours or so while you slept until Friday morning and they dropped the news? So much so that you actually commented on the experience MONTHS later?

You're an interesting cat justa.