• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

trade Boone

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If we could get a 3rd rounder for Boone would you go for it?
We can wait until a few preseason games go by and some team has a few o-line injuries and gets desperate.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Boone is a good example of a guy who lost multi millions off his 1st and 2nd contract because he was boozing in college.

His 1st and 2nd contract were both cheap because of how he behaved in college.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
A 3rd? No. I wouldn't trade him for a 3rd. I'd trade him for a 3rd NEXT offseason (especially if Iupati re-signs), but this season? No.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree... not this season to move him IF we want to move him...

hold off til we have a plan

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What if Boone holds out through preseason and Looney fills in really well at RG?

If Marcus Martin can show he can play center then we have Kilgore as the swing backup center and guard.

The place that I think it hurts us is at backup tackle. Boone could play tackle and trading him would leave us with Jonathan Martin or Snyder as backup tackle. Boone's a much better backup tackle.
If we didn't have Staley and Davis I think Boone would be starting at tackle.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What if Boone holds out through preseason and Looney fills in really well at RG?

It'll never happen. He'd get fined like $30K a day. And it's not like he's sitting on 100 million from a previous contract; he'll be playing.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did forget we have Martin as that backup G... he was a high rated G prospect wasn't he? I don't have too much hope for Kilgore honestly... seems like good backup material to me.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll never happen. He'd get fined like $30K a day. And it's not like he's sitting on 100 million from a previous contract; he'll be playing.

Yeah there's no way he misses dem game checks.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It depends how serious Boone is about the holdout, and how good Looney looks. I don't see Boone sticking around longterm, so I would consider a trade.

And color me shocked that Sick is actually opposing a trade proposal.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

If Marcus Martin can show he can play center then we have Kilgore as the swing backup center and guard.

The place that I think it hurts us is at backup tackle. Boone could play tackle and trading him would leave us with Jonathan Martin or Snyder as backup tackle. Boone's a much better backup tackle.If we didn't have Staley and Davis I think Boone would be starting at tackle.

yep! the key back-up is the swing tackle. on paper you'd think Jonathan Martin would be able to handle it, at least the left side.

if we can't keep him Boone due to cap issues, then we can't, but we don't even know how much he's demanding? What if he's asking for "top 5" salary of NFL OG's, vice being "highest paid NFL" OG? I'd let it play out so we can see what these other guys bring.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
And color me shocked that Sick is actually opposing a trade proposal.

I'd always consider a trade proposal. But Boone for a 3rd wouldn't make sense or be worth it IMO. Not when he's under contract for 2 more seasons. A 3rd isn't worth breaking up the what could be the best OL in football this year.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Alex Boone trade on horizon for San Francisco 49ers? - NFL.com

Honestly I'm wondering if Boone is trying to force a trade since he has to know the team isn't going to give him a new contract unless he reports to camp. And I don't think Baalke is the type to get desperate enough to cave in to a player's demands even if the player is needed.

If a team offers a 2nd or better I would take the trade. And since the Colts love trading away picks I would give them a call if see if you could goad a 1st out of them.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I wouldn't trade him until we see if Marcus Martin is the real deal or not, Looney does not look very good and is a significant downgrade from Boone.

It depends on how serious Boone it willing to take this holdout. If he's willing to take it into the season I would start listening to offers.

If he'll come aboard once the season starts then I would hold on to him and just wait till the season starts.

But even if we do listen to offers I would hang up the phone unless the word "2nd round draft" pick starts the conversation because anything less isn't worth it when he's on a cheap contract for two more seasons.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are like 10 million under the salary cap I think we should give him a pay raise. He is a starter making back-up money. How much do you think he is worth and do we know what he is asking for? I know we need that 10 million for next year to try and resign guys like Crabtree or Iupati though.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are like 10 million under the salary cap I think we should give him a pay raise. He is a starter making back-up money. How much do you think he is worth and do we know what he is asking for? I know we need that 10 million for next year to try and resign guys like Crabtree or Iupati though.

I hope we font pay Iupati. Let him walk.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on how serious Boone it willing to take this holdout. If he's willing to take it into the season I would start listening to offers.

If he'll come aboard once the season starts then I would hold on to him and just wait till the season starts.

But even if we do listen to offers I would hang up the phone unless the word "2nd round draft" pick starts the conversation because anything less isn't worth it when he's on a cheap contract for two more seasons.

No team would make a trade for Boone unless there is a sign and trade agreement. If not, Boone merely continues his holdout for the new ball club that just traded away a part of their future.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
No team would make a trade for Boone unless there is a sign and trade agreement. If not, Boone merely continues his holdout for the new ball club that just traded away a part of their future.

My fault for not being more clear but we have him locked up on a cheap contract for two years and I agree any team that trades for him would have to be willing to give him a new contract which I presume they would if they are willing to trade for him.

The reality is that Boone doesn't play one of the premium spots so while the team would really love to have him in camp they don't need to bend over backwards either and can wait him out because eventually he will have to rejoin the team to get paid and to accrue a year to become a free agent to get the contract he wants.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We better not trade him. Looney didn't look great. Baalke should just tell Boone to come back and they will offer a contract before the season starts. We need Boone.