• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade a first rounder for Marshawn Lynch

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though he's only 25, I think he's been in the league for like 5 years now and the shelf life of an NFL RB is getting shorter and shorter. If you're going to throw a first round pick for a RB, he should at least be a perennial 1,000 yd back, which he isn't. He would be a good acquisition no doubt, but just because we have a couple 1st round picks in our pocket doesn't mean we should waste them

On what planet would 3-4 great years of Marshawn Lynch be considered "wasted?"

You people are fucking nuts.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Michael Bush is 2 years older than Lynch. I believe you're getting "owned" here.

I wouldnt trade a first and second rounder for bush either...I'm not even a proponent of offering him a big contract in FA.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's only 1 RB in the draft who could potentially elevate this offense to the next level and he'll be long gone when we pick. We could trade our 2 firsts to move up, though.

This team needs a real RB badly. Lynch is the best option. Trade a first rounder...no brainer, really.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On what planet would 3-4 great years of Marshawn Lynch be considered "wasted?"

You people are fucking nuts.

Yes I would consider a 1st rounder for Lynch a waste. You saw him tear shit up last night but that's not the player he has been historically. There are probably 10 backs in the nfl I would rather have right now and once you get passed 8-10, on that list, they're probably not worth first round picks

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I would consider a 1st rounder for Lynch a waste. You saw him tear shit up last night but that's not the player he has been historically. There are probably 10 backs in the nfl I would rather have right now and once you get passed 8-10, on that list, they're probably not worth first round picks

Wow, you're not making one bit of sense.

2007 and 2008 he was the starter - over 1000 yards and over 4 ypc.

2011 starter over 4 ypc and will post his best yardage yet.

One season he had almost 50 receptions. FIFTY.

He's just 25 years old.

Someone use a fact to support their case, at least.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets hurt and he fumbles. /fact

It doesn't matter, we're not going to agree on this. I think he's real good. Just not first rounder good. I'd rather wait until next year and try to sign him as a FA

Last edited by a moderator:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade a 1st rounder for him. No way. Not when you can go after some F/A's first.

Also, to say there is only ONE back that can help this offense in the draft is false. Every year there are RB's out of nowhere state to become a good RB.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade a 1st rounder for him. No way. Not when you can go after some F/A's first.

Also, to say there is only ONE back that can help this offense in the draft is false. Every year there are RB's out of nowhere state to become a good RB.

That's not what I said, goofball. I said there's only one who's a sure fire upgrade to take it to the next level. The rest are toss-ups....as are most draft picks.

Proof is greater than potential. You all are seriously overvaluing these draft picks.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what I said, goofball. I said there's only one who's a sure fire upgrade to take it to the next level. The rest are toss-ups....as are most draft picks.

Proof is greater than potential. You all are seriously overvaluing these draft picks.

No, I see what you are saying. I actually agree with you to a point.

I would rather have a F/A RB over a draft pick...provided the RB fits the bill.

Personally, I think I'd rather have Bush.

And really...I mean, who doesn't want Bush....

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be fine with Bush too. I just believe Lynch is better, stronger, and faster...and a better receiver. And he's younger.

If we're dead set on sticking with a 300 attempt a season rusher than we need a guy who can gain yards after contact. Benson and Scott can't do this. Lynch and Bush can.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldnt fork over a bunch of dough for Bush. If you address the holes in the O-line the running game will be fine. A player like LaMarr Miller could be outstanding in this offense for years to come.

Plus, look at the good organizations. They're the ones who trade players at their peak (like Lynch) for picks. Not vice versa. Trading a first round pick for Lynch would be a Raiders/Redskins move.

Just curious Kramer, how do Lynch's #'s stack up against Cedric benson who you're such a fan of?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Hillis is a UFA after this season as well. He's an excellent receiver too.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt fork over a bunch of dough for Bush. If you address the holes in the O-line the running game will be fine. A player like LaMarr Miller could be outstanding in this offense for years to come.

Plus, look at the good organizations. They're the ones who trade players at their peak (like Lynch) for picks. Not vice versa. Trading a first round pick for Lynch would be a Raiders/Redskins move.

Just curious Kramer, how do Lynch's #'s stack up against Cedric benson who you're such a fan of?

Benson averages less YPC and is much older, slower, less tough, and a worse receiver. Benson has less TD's on a lot more carries. There's really no comparison.

Benson has had the benefit of being on a team dedicated to running even though they shouldn't be at times and this has inflated his overall yardage numbers.

Benson will not be retained.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont like Benson either and I hope he's gone next year. But we're talking about (statistically at least) Benson putting up good #'s. Micheal Bush (a back up that nobody wanted in FA) putting up good #'s. Underachievering thug Marshawn putting up good #'s. The way I see it finding a productive RB isnt that hard. If you have a good line in place and offense the Running game should be fine. Look at Rudi Johson. As mediocre as a RB as I've ever seen that was extremley productive due soley to the fact that he played behind a great O-line

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont like Benson either and I hope he's gone next year. But we're talking about (statistically at least) Benson putting up good #'s. Micheal Bush (a back up that nobody wanted in FA) putting up good #'s. Underachievering thug Marshawn putting up good #'s. The way I see it finding a productive RB isnt that hard. If you have a good line in place and offense the Running game should be fine. Look at Rudi Johson. As mediocre as a RB as I've ever seen that was extremley productive due soley to the fact that he played behind a great O-line

You're making my case for me. This is why a back like Lynch is so rare. How many times is he seemingly stuffed at th eline only to break out for a long gain? This is a quality that cannot be coached and has nothing to do with the quality of the linemen who block for him. Benson is not a back who can accomplish this. Most backs in the league cannot accomplish this.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess you're much more impressed with Lynch than I am. To be honest though I've only watched a handful of games that he's played all the way through.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you're much more impressed with Lynch than I am. To be honest though I've only watched a handful of games that he's played all the way through.

I'm impressed with his innate abilty to turn something into nothing. AJ Green has this quality as well.