• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tough Sledding Ahead

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting to note about the Panthers, they have lost (3) starters on their OL so that line is in shambles, just like ours... Just be a feast kind of a day for our DL with Bennett returning...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also this is a sad fact. the 49ers score more points per game than the Seahawks :L

Think about all the bad stuff people say about the 49ers Offense, yeah and we score even less than them. Good heavens how disgusting.

I think it all starts upfront for us, our O-line has to improve if we want to make a deep run into the playoffs this year... It seemed like they were turning a corner until last week, let's just hope that was a fluke... I think it was honestly...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it all starts upfront for us, our O-line has to improve if we want to make a deep run into the playoffs this year... It seemed like they were turning a corner until last week, let's just hope that was a fluke... I think it was honestly...

With Britt out the line seemed lost. He's back so I expect the line to bounce back. Also expect RW to bounce back as well.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB 2 games out of first, Panthers 2 games out of first, AZ 3 games out of first. Like the title says "tough sledding ahead" these teams ( that someone said were out of it ) are still right in the middle of these playoff races.

Hawks have to start RIGHT NOW and play on a MUCH HIGHER level than we have seen in ANY game this season. Time to take 5 steps forward on offense. It's now or never.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB 2 games out of first, Panthers 2 games out of first, AZ 3 games out of first. Like the title says "tough sledding ahead" these teams ( that someone said were out of it ) are still right in the middle of these playoff races.
Haha so 3 games out in Dec is "right in the middle" of a playoff race? I can only imagine how some people here would be freaking out if we were in that same spot and how those same people would react to others trying to tell them we were still in it in. Hilarious.

Hawks have to start RIGHT NOW and play on a MUCH HIGHER level than we have seen in ANY game this season. Time to take 5 steps forward on offense. It's now or never.
This is just straight nonsense hyperbole. The team that went into NE would be too much for anyone.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha so 3 games out in Dec is "right in the middle" of a playoff race? I can only imagine how some people here would be freaking out if we were in that same spot and how those same people would react to others trying to tell them we were still in it in. Hilarious.

This is just straight nonsense hyperbole. The team that went into NE would be too much for anyone.

I have to agree with that. Arizona, Carolina, and GB are not teams that are realistically playoff contenders.

We still can't afford a let down. Even if GB has struggled this year, going into Lambeau in December and getting a win is never easy.

Injury issues are a huge part of the story for both teams in this game. The team that has the depth to cover for the injuries and executes on it correctly should be the winner. Let's hope the Seahawks can gameplan to compensate for Earl not shutting down the back end.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to retract that slightly. GB is still a playoff contender being that they are at 6-6 but they have to over take 2 of the 3 teams currently ahead of them (Atl. & TB at 7-5, and Wash at 6-5-1) to get that last wild card spot.

Barring running the table and a complete collapse by Detroit, they are in rough shape. This is as close to a "must win" game for them this week as a loss would all but put them down. TB has a tough schedule coming up, but they have been hot, while both Atl. and Wash have relatively easy (if there is such a thing in the NFL) games in 3 of the next 4.

It should be good! I am looking forward to it. Hopefully Rawls becomes that "bowling ball covered in razor blades" (as Pete described him) this week as the passing game could struggle because of the weather, but GBs run D is pretty stout while their pass D is a little mediocre.

Can't wait for gametime!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still can't afford a let down. Even if GB has struggled this year, going into Lambeau in December and getting a win is never easy.
This game is a lot more important to GB than Seattle. We can lose and still have a really good chance at the 2 seed. Definitely cannot lose and have a prayer at the 1, but I think realistic hopes for that are gone at this point anyway.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to retract that slightly. GB is still a playoff contender being that they are at 6-6 but they have to over take 2 of the 3 teams currently ahead of them (Atl. & TB at 7-5, and Wash at 6-5-1) to get that last wild card spot.

Barring running the table and a complete collapse by Detroit, they are in rough shape. This is as close to a "must win" game for them this week as a loss would all but put them down. TB has a tough schedule coming up, but they have been hot, while both Atl. and Wash have relatively easy (if there is such a thing in the NFL) games in 3 of the next 4.

It should be good! I am looking forward to it. Hopefully Rawls becomes that "bowling ball covered in razor blades" (as Pete described him) this week as the passing game could struggle because of the weather, but GBs run D is pretty stout while their pass D is a little mediocre.

Can't wait for gametime!

Don't discount the fact that the Packers still have a chance to win their Division

A slim chance but a chance nevertheless

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't discount the fact that the Packers still have a chance to win their Division

A slim chance but a chance nevertheless

True. I basically stated that in: "Barring running the table and a complete collapse by Detroit, they are in rough shape"

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is a lot more important to GB than Seattle. We can lose and still have a really good chance at the 2 seed. Definitely cannot lose and have a prayer at the 1, but I think realistic hopes for that are gone at this point anyway.

I don't know about that. Detroit and NYGs are nipping at our heels. We are one worst case scenerio loss away from falling from the #2 seed to the #5 seed (in total W/L record, not including Divison Champ consideration).

Which brings to mind the question: If we win the division, we still host a playoff game regardless of overall seeding? Correct? I don't believe that they have changed that rule.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. Detroit and NYGs are nipping at our heels. We are one worst case scenerio loss away from falling from the #2 seed to the #5 seed (in total W/L record, not including Divison Champ consideration).

Which brings to mind the question: If we win the division, we still host a playoff game regardless of overall seeding? Correct? I don't believe that they have changed that rule.

Correct

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got 4 games in the next 4 weeks against teams fighting for their playoff lives. Some might say thats because they stink or are bad teams. Well maybe but we are in week 12 and teams normally fighting for Playoff spots right now are good teams that are on the cusp of being contenders and only needed a few things to have gone their way to have a better record.

Panthers are still a skilled team with the talent to win their division but they have been CAM'ed this season. If that team gets hot watch out. They feel as if they need to win out to get in.

Packers We all know this team is way better than their record, they could explode at any time and seemed to get a little mojo back this past week. Rogers said they need to run the table so i just feel like he is going to be playing lights out for the next month.

Rams This team seems to have our number lately. The Rams are 4-1 against the Hawks since 2014 and have won 3 in a row. It just seems like if they could play every team as tough as they do the Hawks they would be a 10-6 or BETTER team. Even if they are out of it when we face them they will still play us tough, they enjoy kicking our butts and it shows.

Cards This team Gets the Redskins, Dolphins and Saints before they face us. This are all winnable games for them and if they do win them watch out. Something has just been off for the Cards this year. Az has the #1 Defense and #9 offense for YPG. Scoring has been a little bit of a issue for them but they are scoring Better than the Hawks but also give up more points.

Getting these teams with their backs to the wall will really show us what we have in the Hawks. Pretenders or contenders. People might laugh at our remaining Schedule but i sure as heck don't feel comfortable with it. All because these teams are backed up into a corner, we will get their best shot. I can't wait to see how the Hawks Respond.

Don't worry man.

Panthers - Done and over with

Packers suck - Erin Rodgers likes dick.

Rams - Probably the scariest on the list, got them at home

Cards - Will have nothing to play for and probably won't have a QB or coach.

49ers - Self explanatory.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, this isn't correct. The Giants cannot be any better than the 5 seed, and we cannot be any worse than the 4. The Lions are the only realistic challenger to us for the 2 seed, and they have remaining games @ NYG and @ DAL.

Yes, of course. Every div champ hosts at least 1 home playoff game. The 1 and 2 get a bye while the 3 and 4 host the 6 and 5, respectively, in the WC round.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This game is huge for for both teams. GB needs it to keep their playoff hopes alive and Seattle needs it to keep AZ in the rear view mirror as they are still lurking around in the division. Also need to stay in front of Detroit since their playing some good football and the same with TB if they somehow over take Atlanta.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is huge for for both teams. GB needs it to keep their playoff hopes alive and Seattle needs it to keep AZ in the rear view mirror as they are still lurking around in the division. Also need to stay in front of Detroit since their playing some good football and the same with TB if they somehow over take Atlanta.
Yeah, it has importance for both teams, but GB is playing for their playoff lives. Seattle is not but is on the verge of clinching the division. GB has more at stake.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it has importance for both teams, but GB is playing for their playoff lives. Seattle is not but is on the verge of clinching the division. GB has more at stake.

Yes Packers have more at stake, but Seahawks have enough at stake to make this a important game to win.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Packers have more at stake, but Seahawks have enough at stake to make this a important game to win.
Agreed, and I never said otherwise. And even if the Hawks lose this, finishing out with wins against the Rams & Cards at home and 49ers on the road puts us at 11-4-1, which could easily still net us the #2 seed. The only way we don't get it in that case is if Detroit wins out...which will be tough since they are @ Giants week 15 and @ Dallas week 16.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like lots of snow for the game. Hopefully will hinder GB's pass attack.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like lots of snow for the game. Hopefully will hinder GB's pass attack.

The way things are coming in with the weather the predictions are that most of the heavy stuff will be done by noon so am thinking there may not be much coming down during the game. I just have no clue at what time of day they clear the snow off the tarp on the field and then get the tarp off so that the field is ready for the players to warm up. They cart all the snow out that is on top if the tarp so am guessing it is not done real quickly