• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tough Sledding Ahead

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got 4 games in the next 4 weeks against teams fighting for their playoff lives. Some might say thats because they stink or are bad teams. Well maybe but we are in week 12 and teams normally fighting for Playoff spots right now are good teams that are on the cusp of being contenders and only needed a few things to have gone their way to have a better record.

Panthers are still a skilled team with the talent to win their division but they have been CAM'ed this season. If that team gets hot watch out. They feel as if they need to win out to get in.

Packers We all know this team is way better than their record, they could explode at any time and seemed to get a little mojo back this past week. Rogers said they need to run the table so i just feel like he is going to be playing lights out for the next month.

Rams This team seems to have our number lately. The Rams are 4-1 against the Hawks since 2014 and have won 3 in a row. It just seems like if they could play every team as tough as they do the Hawks they would be a 10-6 or BETTER team. Even if they are out of it when we face them they will still play us tough, they enjoy kicking our butts and it shows.

Cards This team Gets the Redskins, Dolphins and Saints before they face us. This are all winnable games for them and if they do win them watch out. Something has just been off for the Cards this year. Az has the #1 Defense and #9 offense for YPG. Scoring has been a little bit of a issue for them but they are scoring Better than the Hawks but also give up more points.

Getting these teams with their backs to the wall will really show us what we have in the Hawks. Pretenders or contenders. People might laugh at our remaining Schedule but i sure as heck don't feel comfortable with it. All because these teams are backed up into a corner, we will get their best shot. I can't wait to see how the Hawks Respond.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also this is a sad fact. the 49ers score more points per game than the Seahawks :L

Think about all the bad stuff people say about the 49ers Offense, yeah and we score even less than them. Good heavens how disgusting.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming into the season, this was the stretch that I was most concerned with. No matter what their records are - this could still be our toughest stretch of the season, and we've already had some tough stretches.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually not worried at all

We are currently in the most comfortable position we've ever been in since the Pete Carroll era began. Even in our Superbowl year (2013), we were fighting off the 49ers all year. We literally had to win every game to secure home field.

We're currently 3 games ahead of everybody and all 3 teams in the NFC West are a mess.

Here's why I'm confident

1) Russ got his wheels back
- One positive take away from the Bucs game was the fact that Russell Wilson ran for 80 yds. He had like 70 yards total all year prior to that. He's still not 100% (I'd say about 85%) where he could juke defenders in the open field or do a double spin in the back field but he's now at least a threat to keep the ball on the zone reads.

That's been one of the biggest detractors in the run game this year and also our inability to convert in the red zone. We have no threat to run in the red zone. Teams have just keyed in on us to pass and all they have to do is double Graham and shade the coverage towards Baldwin. And the only option we have left is Jermaine Kearse who is 0-9 in the red zone. Now that Russ can keep the zone reads, the threat of the run is back. Russ can gain some big chunk yards when he keeps it but most importantly it's going to open things up for Rawls now that defenders have to keep an eye on Russell.

2) Michael Bennett, Earl Thomas, and Desean Shead will be back

- Our run defense was dominant when Bennett was in there.

Dolphins - 64 yds (3.2 avg)
Rams - 67 yds (2.6 avg)
49ers - 135 yds (80 of them came in the final two drives - 55 yds before garbage time)
Falcons - 52 yds (2.9 avg)

After that Bennett played hurt in the Cards game and have been out since. During that stretch we've given up 132 yds, 123 yds, 162 yds, 81 yds (3 tds), 113 yds, and 118 yds rushing

Early in the year when we shut down the run game, we forced a lot of 3rd and longs. Now every third down is third and short or third and manageable. It opens up a lot more options for opposing offenses and I believe it's the main reason why our third own defense has been so bad

Getting Bennett back will not only take away double teams from Avril but it's also going to strengthen our run game again and hopefully fix the third down issues

3) Tyler Lockett looks like he has his breakaway speed again
- Lockett being able to stretch the field vertically is going to help alleviate some of the issues on the offensive line. In that Bucs game, he had a few opportunities that either Russell just missed or we needed just a split second longer for Russell to step in to his throw to hit Lockett in stride. Lockett stretching the field will make it hard for teams to focus too much on Graham and Baldwin because the last thing you want is a 60 yard bomb for a TD. Last year when Lockett was fully healthy, he got behind the defense at least once or twice a game. It was all a matter of Russell getting enough time to hit him in stride

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly our OL needs to stay healthy. It is paper thin and even losing one guy makes it go from mediocre to embarrassing.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also this is a sad fact. the 49ers score more points per game than the Seahawks :L

Think about all the bad stuff people say about the 49ers Offense, yeah and we score even less than them. Good heavens how disgusting.

Blasphemy! Our offense is great, its just uh, well its the injuries and penalties! Ya thats the ticket!

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if having a schedule full of teams under .500 would count as tough sledding but divisional games always make me sweat because sometimes it can go either way there should be no reason why we cant win 4 of the next 5 games

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if having a schedule full of teams under .500 would count as tough sledding but divisional games always make me sweat because sometimes it can go either way there should be no reason why we cant win 4 of the next 5 games

Panthers and Packers are both still in the mix for the playoffs and both played better last week with GB winning in Philly giving them their first home loss of the season and Panthers started slow and really took off. When watching that game they really shouldn't have lost to the Raiders, let that one slip through. The Rams well they ALWAYS give the Hawks trouble.

These Animals are trapped in a corner and will fight for their Playoff lives. Expect to get their best from each one of these teams just like we Saw from Tampa.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers and Packers are both still in the mix for the playoffs and both played better last week with GB winning in Philly giving them their first home loss of the season and Panthers started slow and really took off. When watching that game they really shouldn't have lost to the Raiders, let that one slip through. The Rams well they ALWAYS give the Hawks trouble.

These Animals are trapped in a corner and will fight for their Playoff lives. Expect to get their best from each one of these teams just like we Saw from Tampa.

I will disagree with you on carolina to be 3 games behind your division leader and not even have the tie breaker in your favor tells me that they are pretty much done they did their very best against oakland to win that game and end up losing a close one that should be deflating IMO. I dont think Kuechly will be playing and that defense hasnt really been the same since this guy left to Washington. You may have a point with GB but they literally have no running game but they are only two behind and they have beaten detriot so they can have that tie breaker they still get to face MN and DET the final two games.

The seahawks are not without their worries its not like we have a comfortable lead in terms of having the #2 seed we are only a half game ahead of detriot we cant afford to finish the season soft and have to play during the playoff bye and on the road

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will disagree with you on carolina to be 3 games behind your division leader and not even have the tie breaker in your favor tells me that they are pretty much done they did their very best against oakland to win that game and end up losing a close one that should be deflating IMO. I dont think Kuechly will be playing and that defense hasnt really been the same since this guy left to Washington. You may have a point with GB but they literally have no running game but they are only two behind and they have beaten detriot so they can have that tie breaker they still get to face MN and DET the final two games.

The seahawks are not without their worries its not like we have a comfortable lead in terms of having the #2 seed we are only a half game ahead of detriot we cant afford to finish the season soft and have to play during the playoff bye and on the road

Panthers Still get TB and Atlanta later this year ( #1 and #2 in the NFC South ) If they win out they have a good chance of winning their division.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers Still get TB and Atlanta later this year ( #1 and #2 in the NFC South ) If they win out they have a good chance of winning their division.

I mean its possible I just think its unlikely every team remaining in their schedule have pro bowl QBs non of those games you can look at them and say yeah I can see them winning for sure. They would need to win all 5 games and hopes atlanta finishes 2-3 just to break even and tie.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean its possible I just think its unlikely every team remaining in their schedule have pro bowl QBs non of those games you can look at them and say yeah I can see them winning for sure. They would need to win all 5 games and hopes atlanta finishes 2-3 just to break even and tie.

Yes but it "starts" with us. If the Hawks can win then yeah they can hang their heads if they want to. Right now they have a shot and i don't think they give up. Not at all i think they will be more like a injured animal and will give the Hawks everything they can handle. They are fighting for their Playoff lives and it starts against the Seahawks.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as Carolina needs this, so does Seattle. I think we're going to see an angry team on Sunday night rewrite the wrongs from last weeks mega dud.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as Carolina needs this, so does Seattle. I think we're going to see an angry team on Sunday night rewrite the wrongs from last weeks mega dud.

not only that it was so embarrassing how last week happened with the bucs, the defense as always will be prepared but I would expect to see our offense to produce a lot more

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not only that it was so embarrassing how last week happened with the bucs, the defense as always will be prepared but I would expect to see our offense to produce a lot more

Agreed! I'm sure RW and company put in some extra work to fix the kinks. I'm thinking our offense puts up 24+ pts.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Keuchly return for the Panthers?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he'll end up retiring... Doubt it but i'm sure it's entered his mind since that concussion...

its possible this isnt his first concussion it all depends on what he wants to do im not sure how much money he has made so far

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its possible this isnt his first concussion it all depends on what he wants to do im not sure how much money he has made so far

And what his family is encouraging him to do... Mainly his wife...