• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Totally sarcastic?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that the body of this is mostly sarcastic, but are the title and the last couple of sentences also sarcastic?

Denver Broncos should sit their starters against Seattle - Mile High Report

I can see the appeal expressed by this: "Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance" -Sun Tzu

Personally, though, I think it's important for our starters to get on the field for a series or three.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last few sentences make it sound like it is not possible to beat the seahawks.

"Being so overmatched, they risk injury and loss of confidence heading into the regular season."

I doubt the starters are out there very much anyways. One series, mostly run plays, is what I expect.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think the biggest thing for our starters is not getting any injuries. Last year we lost Wolfe, Champ, and really Hillman because of our game last year against Seattle. Don't want to see that again. Beyond that though if we can move the ball and stop them I do think it will go a long way to rebuilding some confidence. I want to see Ware put Wilson on his back side and Ward lay some receiver out letting Seattle know this is a different team this year.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think the biggest thing for our starters is not getting any injuries. Last year we lost Wolfe, Champ, and really Hillman because of our game last year against Seattle. Don't want to see that again. Beyond that though if we can move the ball and stop them I do think it will go a long way to rebuilding some confidence. I want to see Ware put Wilson on his back side and Ward lay some receiver out letting Seattle know this is a different team this year.

Preseason means nothing to me. Its just practice. Worry about Seatte in the regular season. Just saying.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uh...good luck with that.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck doesn't really have anything to do with it. Or are you being sarcastic?

Please read title of thread that you created.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish for no injuries to either team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason means nothing to me. Its just practice. Worry about Seatte in the regular season. Just saying.

I understand it is not that big of a deal. If the Broncos fail to move the ball or stop them from moving on us I'm not hitting the panic button. Like you said this is preseason. The biggest thing in preseason truly is staying healthy. Plus we are going to have some big names missing like Miller, Vickerson, Harris, Sanders, and Ball.

Mostly my post was just a "hey it would be fun to see us just run it down their throats and put Wilson on his backside." It wouldn't be full revenge obviously for the Super Bowl but I would feel just a tiny bit better.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand it is not that big of a deal. If the Broncos fail to move the ball or stop them from moving on us I'm not hitting the panic button. Like you said this is preseason. The biggest thing in preseason truly is staying healthy. Plus we are going to have some big names missing like Miller, Vickerson, Harris, Sanders, and Ball.

Mostly my post was just a "hey it would be fun to see us just run it down their throats and put Wilson on his backside." It wouldn't be full revenge obviously for the Super Bowl but I would feel just a tiny bit better.

^ that!

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't care less about the outcome of tonight's game, other than being injury free. Honestly, part of me kind of hopes the Broncos don't play there starters, and I certainly don't want them to show the Seahawks anything. As much as the Seahawks talked all offseason, if we go out there and lay up tonight, I could see that playing to our favor for the rematch week 3. That's the game we should be focusing on, not tonight.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let them find out during the regular season. Until then, I say show them nothing but vanilla:suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying show them anything game plan wise. I am more just saying don't be afraid to get physical with them today. I do think last year because they were playing so much more physical than our team in the preseason (it is well documented that Carroll treats the preseason just like a regular season game in he is one of the few that cares about winning so his players go full out every play) that it did lead to a few injuries. Our guys were getting shoved to the ground left and right and that is a quick way to get guys hurt. This is why I think actually matching some of that physicality not only helps to show we are ready to play with teams like that (yes still using a vanilla type offense to not show anything) but also hopefully avoid those major injuries like last year.

It is also why I do want our starters out as quickly as possible. If Manning hits a 60 yard bomb for a touchdown first play of the game then I would look at the coaches and say "We have done enough for today" and get them out of there.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying show them anything game plan wise. I am more just saying don't be afraid to get physical with them today. I do think last year because they were playing so much more physical than our team in the preseason (it is well documented that Carroll treats the preseason just like a regular season game in he is one of the few that cares about winning so his players go full out every play) that it did lead to a few injuries. Our guys were getting shoved to the ground left and right and that is a quick way to get guys hurt. This is why I think actually matching some of that physicality not only helps to show we are ready to play with teams like that (yes still using a vanilla type offense to not show anything) but also hopefully avoid those major injuries like last year.

It is also why I do want our starters out as quickly as possible. If Manning hits a 60 yard bomb for a touchdown first play of the game then I would look at the coaches and say "We have done enough for today" and get them out of there.

Yes, Pete says to always compete whether in practice or not. Yet, in the statement I bolded aren't the Bronco second stringers and bubble players trying hard to impress? The team's starters will most likely only get 1st qtr action so I would guess the backups should be giving it their all to make the team. They will get the opportunity.
Why wouldn't they go all out?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Pete says to always compete whether in practice or not. Yet, in the statement I bolded aren't the Bronco second stringers and bubble players trying hard to impress? The team's starters will most likely only get 1st qtr action so I would guess the backups should be giving it their all to make the team. They will get the opportunity.
Why wouldn't they go all out?

The back ups yes. I was more talking about the starters. Most teams starters play very vanilla and maybe at about 85% speed kind of thing. That is not the case with Seattle. I commend them for playing at full speed even in the preseason. Teaches them not to have that kind of attitude even for these type of games. The Broncos were not ready for it in the preseason and I do think it ended up costing us a couple of starters with what looked to be career ending injuries (Wolfe contemplated retirement and Champ was never the same and is now possibly on the bubble of whether he makes it on the Saints team).

Also Carroll is known for playing his starters a little longer than most teams. So there are times where the starters are going against other teams' 2nd string type thing. Again nothing wrong with that as every team has their own way of handling preseason. I could see this strategy if he keeps at it (I could see this year with more players actually established him backing off some of that) though back-firing and losing a quality starter. It is the risk/reward of preseason of it is a time to get players ready for the season with live game action yet the idea of losing a starter in a meaningless game is tough to swallow.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The back ups yes. I was more talking about the starters. Most teams starters play very vanilla and maybe at about 85% speed kind of thing. That is not the case with Seattle. I commend them for playing at full speed even in the preseason. Teaches them not to have that kind of attitude even for these type of games. The Broncos were not ready for it in the preseason and I do think it ended up costing us a couple of starters with what looked to be career ending injuries (Wolfe contemplated retirement and Champ was never the same and is now possibly on the bubble of whether he makes it on the Saints team).

Also Carroll is known for playing his starters a little longer than most teams. So there are times where the starters are going against other teams' 2nd string type thing. Again nothing wrong with that as every team has their own way of handling preseason. I could see this strategy if he keeps at it (I could see this year with more players actually established him backing off some of that) though back-firing and losing a quality starter. It is the risk/reward of preseason of it is a time to get players ready for the season with live game action yet the idea of losing a starter in a meaningless game is tough to swallow.

I disagree with this statement. Everyone knows the quickest way to get hurt is to go out there and play at less than full speed. Sure they don't gameplan, and you won't see exotic play packages or anything like that, but I don't for a second believe that guys are doing anything less than giving it there all out there.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right the 85% thing was not quite what I was going for. I meant there are a few different focuses during preseason games that are not always the case during the season. Players are willing to try a few different moves that most of the time they would not otherwise do. Such as a speed rusher trying to work on some power moves and see how they do in a live game. A safety might take a few more chances on guessing what is coming on a play than they would during a game that matters.

This is the time for coaches and players alike to work on some things that in actual games they just wouldn't do. To me this is a time especially for a player to work on a weakness from the year before in a live game situation and see how it has improved in the off season. Now this is only geared towards the starters as the back ups of course go all out as they are fighting for the last few roster spots available.

I also if I was a coach would tell players in the preseason to not always fight for those extra yards (again the starters). Say JT catches a pass and sees 3 Seattle defenders coming right at him. In the regular season yeah maybe fight for those extra yards but in a preseason game I don't mind seeing him willing to just dive forward and take what you can get without risking more injury. Now the speed of the game and these guys just having that fight mentality I would guess they continue to fight for those extra yards. I am just one that I want to see physicality from the team but also be smart about it. If you are running towards the out of bounds don't just keep tippy toeing the out of bounds line for those extra couple of yards to just have a linebacker come and give you a good pop.

That is more of what I meant by that statement. Now again I don't think players will do that as any game-time situation they are going to fight.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is due to the age of our team.
If you were HC would you play Manning longer than Russell Wilson? Geeze, who needs more reps? The younger guys.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is due to the age of our team.
If you were HC would you play Manning longer than Russell Wilson? Geeze, who needs more reps? The younger guys.

Did you not read the rest of my post? I said that would probably change this year as those guys that were young and needed reps are now the veteran starters who have proven themselves. I understand why he did it and think it was the right decision (obviously since your team won a Super Bowl). I'm not meaning by any of my posts any kind of disrespect to the Seahawks. Honestly I'm hoping the Broncos do a little like that of the Seahawks of going a little more all out in the sense of really showing this team matches the words of John Elway in we are going to be more physical. Again I understand it is preseason so all that matters at the end of the day is the team stays healthy.

Now given I do understand the Broncos especially with the 1st string offense and defense try some things more to get an idea of how it would actually work in a game. They run plays that honestly they probably won't run in the season. They are just testing the waters to see if it would work and if not just scrap it. This is the one time of year in a live game type situation that you can do that kind of thing and get away with it with no actual consequence to the season. It is why reading too much into the preseason is a joke. Again just want to see some physicality from the 1's today and then for the back ups to see how deep our roster can really be.