• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Toronto to persue the Bills

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I know:

- The Bills signed a lease to stay at Ralph Wilson stadium until 2017.
- None of Wilson's children want to own the Bills.
- We have heard rumors that Bon Jovi and Donald Trump are interested in buying the team.
- Most Bills fans, despite going through 14 seasons without a playoff appearance and only 1 winning season in that time period, don't want to see the team go away.
- Rumors point to the Bills moving to Niagara Falls.
- Most Bills fans I know hate traveling to Toronto to watch the team play. Believe me, I know season-ticket holders and think the Rogers center is a piece of junk.
- So far, nobody has officially been trying to buy the team.We have a local billionaire named Tom Golisano, who bought the Buffalo Sabres, who might creep into the picture.

Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you want to know more information.

Thanks for the info
If Toronto ever got a team a new stadium would be built. The potential owners (Rogers with Bon Jovi as the face) have very very deep pockets. They now own the Leafs,Raptors, BlueJays and all TV?Radio deals. They want the NFL bad. I would feel horrible for Buffalo if they lost the Bills but if it is inevitable then Toronto would be a viable place for Bills fans in WNY to still be able to see them.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info
If Toronto ever got a team a new stadium would be built. The potential owners (Rogers with Bon Jovi as the face) have very very deep pockets. They now own the Leafs,Raptors, BlueJays and all TV?Radio deals. They want the NFL bad. I would feel horrible for Buffalo if they lost the Bills but if it is inevitable then Toronto would be a viable place for Bills fans in WNY to still be able to see them.

Toronto is not far from Buffalo. It's less than an hours drive (going the speed limit of course). I am assuming there will be those diehard Bills fans who would stick with Bills after they inevitable move. I do think it is inevitable, because of the all the almighty dollar and much larger market.

For me, I will probably jump the shark, if they move out of WNY, and root for another team. I will probably pick one which knows how to tie its own shoes. This may make me a bad person, but I don't care. I really dislike rooting for a team which consistently doesn't produce a high quality product. The Bills literally went from Captain Checkdown aka Trent Edwards to Captain Meltdown aka Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time I'm in favor of a team moving is if the fans have abandoned them. I hated to see what happened with Baltimore when they lost the Ravens and Cleveland when the lost the Browns.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss Julian and Bubbles.

Julian always wearing that black tshirt and having a coke and rum? with him 24/7. He comes out of the shower with the glass of C&R

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may make me a bad person, but I don't care. I really dislike rooting for a team which consistently doesn't produce a high quality product. The Bills literally went from Captain Checkdown aka Trent Edwards to Captain Meltdown aka Ryan Fitzpatrick.

It doesn't make you a bad person in my eyes man.

I can't believe any of his kids would be willing to keep the team, plus keep it in Buffalo! I don't give a crap it's a small market, you get yourself a good up and coming GM, find a coach that can co exist with the GM and you build a team that can compete for years to come!

And for a team in Canada? Please, ( no offense to anyone on here) but the NFL belongs in the States, Roger Dodger has been pushing this traveling to other countries way to much, I just can't see a Canadian NFL team..

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if Trump buys them then he will bring back the "Generals" name from the USFL days.... Toronto Generals maybe?

Not sure the NFL would want Trump anywhere near the NFL after he tried to sue them for monopolizing (seeked $1.7 billion) back in the 80s...

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo averages 66000 fans per game, which is only 90% capacity. Its estimated that approx 15000 of those fans are driving down from Canada each game. That really means that without the Canadian support the team would only be averaging 41000 per game which is only about 56% capacity. This is the real reason the team is looking at moving. 56% capacity just doesn't cut it.

If they can get 15000 Canadians to drive down to each game already they should have little problem selling out when the game is in their back yard. Especially since Toronto has a massive population, largest in Canada and 4th or 5th in North America.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julian always wearing that black tshirt and having a coke and rum? with him 24/7. He comes out of the shower with the glass of C&R

He came out of a car wreck with a full Captain and Cola.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo averages 66000 fans per game, which is only 90% capacity. Its estimated that approx 15000 of those fans are driving down from Canada each game. That really means that without the Canadian support the team would only be averaging 41000 per game which is only about 56% capacity. This is the real reason the team is looking at moving. 56% capacity just doesn't cut it.

If they can get 15000 Canadians to drive down to each game already they should have little problem selling out when the game is in their back yard. Especially since Toronto has a massive population, largest in Canada and 4th or 5th in North America.

Not going to disagree. This is indeed the main issue. But here's the thing: if the team wasn't a "loser franchise" to begin with, the team wouldn't be in this shape. If we were the Pittsburgh Steelers or Green Packers, our fan-base would come in droves to a small city to visit. Instead, the team is asking us to drive to a game, and watch an inferior product on the field.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He came out of a car wreck with a full Captain and Cola.

lol Thats my man doesnt lose a drop. Like to see him on football field, taking a gulp between plays

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There were what 15,000 fans cheering for the Bills when Seattle played them in Toronto? Seems incorrect that that many fans drive from Canada but barely filled up 1/3 of the seats that game.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hate to see the BUFFALO BILLS to move anywhere. I've seen a couple games in Buffalo and the fans there are amazingly hospitable and love to talk football. It would be a damn shame if they move. But I have a feeling Goodell is going to see Toronto's sheer size as a city and get a chubby at the thought of expanding the NFL beyond the US and this being the catalyst. If this happens, the next shoe to drop will be expansion to London.

Makes me sick just thinking about it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that. Keep the NFL in the US

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that. Keep the NFL in the US

Tell that to Gooddell.

I mostly agree, but I'd rather Toronto than London.

I know people are tired of hearing about LA, but that's where the NFL wants a team (with a new stadium of course). I think the days of small market NFL teams are just about done...GB will never leave, but if BUF does lose the Bills upstate NY will never see another team.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Cuban is gonna be right.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2