• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top Three Most Poorly Operated NBA Franchises

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls have been really awful minus 2 things:

1) jimmy butler late in round 1

2) the NBA's stupid system giving them derrick rose.

their team last year had exactly TWO players with a positive BPM: Bobby Portis, and the guy he punched in the face (who was also traded in February). So they ended the year with one player with a positive BPM.

That's a horrific team.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should add in the NBA's shady AF business practices.

All the 1-1 picks they gave Cle.

And obviously the Clippers being a historically worse franchise selling the 1st overall pick for what, 12 or 15m?

Honestly, that one move (to get the Kyrie pick) is the only reason CLE isn't an obvious top 3 pick for everyone.
You think they rigged the lottery? For the Cavs?

And you can play the what if all you want, but they did make the trade that got them Kyrie. Most owners don't take on Davis' salary in the position the Cavs were in at the time.

I'm a Cleveland fan and I hear all the time by some how great Dolan is because he is so stable and we have a model FO. don't disagree rest of the FO minus Dolan is top notch, but when the owner does not have a will to win what good is that?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair, but Cleveland tanked twice to get him and it worked.

In addition, like him or not (and I know most don't), Lebron saw first hand his first time here if nothing else Gilbert would spend. Had he not known this I doubt he comes back.

As shitty as Gilbert can be Chris Illitch is a complete waste of air. I wish Gilbert would buy the Tigers.

Nothing like self entitled pricks who inherit a legendary franchise like the Red Wings and Tigers and run them into the ground.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think they rigged the lottery? For the Cavs?

And you can play the what if all you want, but they did make the trade that got them Kyrie. Most owners don't take on Davis' salary in the position the Cavs were in at the time.

I'm a Cleveland fan and I hear all the time by some how great Dolan is because he is so stable and we have a model FO. don't disagree rest of the FO minus Dolan is top notch, but when the owner does not have a will to win what good is that?

You think most teams wouldn't spend 12mil for a projected top 7ish pick at the trade deadline?

for one year of salary when you're facing a complete tear down?

my only point on that was, without that one trade i doubt lebron gets there. But man, taking advantage of the clippers was like stealing from the blind.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passing on Doncic doesn't help either.

Agreed. We saw what Young was in college. A high volume shooter who will get his stats but going to be questionable to build around.

Doncic is significantly more rounded.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As shitty as Gilbert can be Chris Illitch is a complete waste of air. I wish Gilbert would buy the Tigers.

Nothing like self entitled pricks who inherit a legendary franchise like the Red Wings and Tigers and run them into the ground.
No doubt....I'd be thrilled to learn he was in negotiations to buy the Tribe. Wish he did it sooner. Tribe fans could have spent last summer talking about where JD Martinez should play and when is the right time to extend Lindor.

Do I like him? Nope. Don't like Lebron either....but I appreciate what each has done for us and wish both were here.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks and Lakers.
There is no reason they should not compete for a conference title every year. There is no salary cap and they are the largest markets.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think most teams wouldn't spend 12mil for a projected top 7ish pick at the trade deadline?

for one year of salary when you're facing a complete tear down?

my only point on that was, without that one trade i doubt lebron gets there. But man, taking advantage of the clippers was like stealing from the blind.
Most teams? Actually, no, I'm not so sure. don't recall the rules back then but we were over the cap. Did that $12 mil also cost additional taxes added on? Hell, Miami/Arison wouldn't even show Lebron they'd do anything it took or he might have stayed.

This isn't the NFL. That picked looked like a 7-8 pick. Far from a lock guys in that area are good, let alone a stud.

Did you really think the NBA rigged a lottery for Cleveland?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most teams? Actually, no, I'm not so sure. don't recall the rules back then but we were over the cap. Did that $12 mil also cost additional taxes added on? Hell, Miami/Arison wouldn't even show Lebron they'd do anything it took or he might have stayed.

This isn't the NFL. That picked looked like a 7-8 pick. Far from a lock guys in that area are good, let alone a stud.

Did you really think the NBA rigged a lottery for Cleveland?

for Lebron.

No question about it.

Just like the NBA gave the Benson's 1-1 from a ridiculously unlikely spot months after he bailed them out of their absurd conflict of interest.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks and Lakers.
There is no reason they should not compete for a conference title every year. There is no salary cap and they are the largest markets.

There is a salary cap it's just not a hard cap persay

I agree they should have been able to lure some better FA but NY in particular was highly disfunctional. The Knicks salary situation was particularly humorous for some time. The amnesty rule came from Allan Houston after all

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for Lebron.

No question about it.

Just like the NBA gave the Benson's 1-1 from a ridiculously unlikely spot months after he bailed them out of their absurd conflict of interest.
"no question about it"? I mean, it's not like the Cavs did have the best chance that year (tied with Denver). Never mind if someone let the cat out of the bag it could mean prison time. Who would take that risk? Why would the NBA want to help out Cleveland?

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a salary cap it's just not a hard cap persay

Softer for large market teams like the Lakers and the Knicks. They have the money to take the cap hit. The Lakers and the Knicks are tops in the league in revenue despite sucking for years.

upload_2019-1-29_10-17-59.png

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Softer for large market teams like the Lakers and the Knicks. They have the money to take the cap hit. The Lakers and the Knicks are tops in the league in revenue despite sucking for years.

View attachment 196937

No arguments from me on that one. I agree. It's extremely safe to say the Knicks have been poorly run under Dolan for almost two decades now.

Some of the Lakers disfunction again was probably due to Buss passing and his son meddling in team affairs. Magic thus far is a pretty serious upgrade. Not exactly Jerry West though lol

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give it to the hawks they had that 1 good season a few years back but other than that I can not think of a more irrelevant franchise they let Al Horford walk to sign Dwight howard, Literally since I started watching basketball in 2000 I cant think of the best player they have had on their team. They traded away Paul gasol on draft night and they now did the same with Luka Doncic. Its one thing to not be good but atleast draft an all star so people can atleast come to games and buy a jersey

With all these teams doing bad you know what the most frustrating thing is as an fan and owner? how the HELL do you let the Brooklyn Nets get ahead of you and look like a solid team when they did not even have their first round picks the last few years???

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is all 3 of those guys played the same position.

And Webber, just like Duncan, had zero interest in playing center.

They needed to swap some of those guys. They just did it wrong, obviously.

Howard and Rasheed both played center at various times. No, neither was an ideal matchup for Shaq and guys like that, but you can figure out how to play 2 of those guys together at any given time because they all had nice all around skillsets to play inside and out.

Then, they proceeded to deal away by far the best 2 and returned a single aging vet each time. Absolutely mind boggling.

And we haven't even mentioned the wasted lotto picks or the locker room gun play yet. Or the fact that JaVale McGee and Nick Young both got drafted by Washington around the same time on a team with Gilbert Arenas as a locker room leader.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard and Rasheed both played center at various times. No, neither was an ideal matchup for Shaq and guys like that, but you can figure out how to play 2 of those guys together at any given time because they all had nice all around skillsets to play inside and out.

Then, they proceeded to deal away by far the best 2 and returned a single aging vet each time. Absolutely mind boggling.

And we haven't even mentioned the wasted lotto picks or the locker room gun play yet. Or the fact that JaVale McGee and Nick Young both got drafted by Washington around the same time on a team with Gilbert Arenas as a locker room leader.

The Pistons used Sheed on Shaq anyway so you're absolutely right. They rotated Wallace also

Man come to think of it the Wizards had Sheed, Rip, and Wallace lol

And Webber but he wasn't himself once he joined the Pistons

So....thanks!!