• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top Ten Most Hated NHL Players of all Time

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for a new thread. Weigh in as you like:

10. Sidney Crosby
9. Claude Lemieux
8. Chris Pronger
7. Marty McSorley
6. Matt Cooke
5. Dale Hunter
4. Eddie Shore
3. Dave Schulz
2. Ulf Samuelsson
1. Sean Avery

I'd like to give an honorable mention to Todd Bertuzzi since I think he reduced the game with that incident.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10. Tikkanen
9. Brett Hull
8. Pronger
7. Tucker
6. Dale Hunter
5. Avery
4. Ulf
3. Cooke
2. Linseman
1. Claude Lemieux

Swamp Dragon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no particular order
Barnaby
Tootoo
Cooke
Ulf
Claude Lemieux
Avery
Tucker
Tyson Nash
Jordan Nolan
The Rat
Jarko Ruutu

Last edited by a moderator:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avery is on everyone's list though.

The guy made some stupid comments and did some dumb things on the ice but he's one of the lesser evils among this group.

I might be forgetting something but I don't remember him trying to end anyone's career. Compare that to guys like Ulf and Cooke and he's actually pretty tame. He was generally annoying but far from the worst pest out there, IMO.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for a new thread. Weigh in as you like:

10. Sidney Crosby
9. Claude Lemieux
8. Chris Pronger
7. Marty McSorley
6. Matt Cooke
5. Dale Hunter
4. Eddie Shore
3. Dave Schulz
2. Ulf Samuelsson
1. Sean Avery

I'd like to give an honorable mention to Todd Bertuzzi since I think he reduced the game with that incident.

Fairly surprised he isn't hated more than he is these days.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy made some stupid comments and did some dumb things on the ice but he's one of the lesser evils among this group.

I might be forgetting something but I don't remember him trying to end anyone's career. Compare that to guys like Ulf and Cooke and he's actually pretty tame. He was generally annoying but far from the worst pest out there, IMO.

He was a locker room cancer who didn't give a damn about his teammates. Easily the worst possible member of the room. Fuck him.

Hope that wasn't too harsh or judgemental of me...

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a locker room cancer who didn't give a damn about his teammates. Easily the worst possible member of the room. Fuck him.

Oh. The guy was a fucking douche as a player. I wasn't necessarily defending him but rather saying that he was actually not THAT dirty a player.

I tend to reserve my high end hatred for guys who repeatedly try to end careers. I think we can agree that Avery is an asshole though. :suds:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh. The guy was a fucking douche as a player. I wasn't necessarily defending him but rather saying that he was actually not THAT dirty a player.

I tend to reserve my high end hatred for guys who repeatedly try to end careers. I think we can agree that Avery is an asshole though. :suds:

Right. I think there's a clear difference between a player that tries to keep his dressing room from being united and one that tries to permanently keep opposition players from walking/thinking/breathing.

HUBSTER

I don't re-Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could you leave out Chris Nilan? What kind of a Habs fan are you?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...I feel like I need to watch another 10 years of hockey before I can really compile a list. Most of my list are still playing.

Prust, Pronger, Avery, Gillies, Thornton, ...? I was watching in the 90's/00's, but not enough to know who I hated. There are other guys that annoy the crap out of me, but I don't hate them.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...I feel like I need to watch another 10 years of hockey before I can really compile a list. Most of my list are still playing.

Prust, Pronger, Avery, Gillies, Thornton, ...? I was watching in the 90's/00's, but not enough to know who I hated. There are other guys that annoy the crap out of me, but I don't hate them.

Yeah. Hate might be too strong a word for most of these guys. I think my feelings about a lot of them are disgust.

I was truly disgusted to see Cooke callously end Barrie's playoffs this year. I remember getting that same feeling watching Ulf Samuelsson back in the day. Just disgusted that this guy was on the ice.

I guess when I put it that way I might have to include Tie Domi on this list. After the Niedermayer elbow I could never watch him play without being somewhat disgusted.

EDIT: This disgust thing is bringing back memories. Bryan Marchment was another guy who made my blood and bile boil.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Hate might be too strong a word for most of these guys. I think my feelings about a lot of them are disgust.

I was truly disgusted to see Cooke callously end Barrie's playoffs this year. I remember getting that same feeling watching Ulf Samuelsson back in the day. Just disgusted that this guy was on the ice.

I guess when I put it that way I might have to include Tie Domi on this list. After the Niedermayer elbow I could never watch him play without being somewhat disgusted.

EDIT: This disgust thing is bringing back memories. Bryan Marchment was another guy who made my blood and bile boil.

Good way of putting it. For me, that's Thornton and Gillies. Luckily Gillies is where he should be: bagging groceries somewhere.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You were never one to beat around the bush!!

:clap2:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My list will probably be somewhat different, but I have my reasons. Can't possibly rank, but here we go...

Belfour
Claude Lemieux
Avery
Messier
Tikkanen
Adam Graves
Matthew Barnababy
Ulf Samuelsson
Alexei Yashin
Hasek

Honorable mentions: Beukaboom, Lucic, Cooke (who is mildly retarded, not inherently violent), Brashear, Derek Roy and Darius Kasparaitis. I can't really hate Dale Hunter because I saw so much of the good he did in the lean years. He was a prick, but not 100% of the time. :D

You don't have to be necessarily violent or dangerous to make my list. Being disrespectful to the game and your team/city/fans earns you hate points from me.