• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

top 5 guys we can least afford to get a serious injury

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1) Kaep
2) Vernon
3) Boldin
4) Iupati
5) Aldon Smith

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm blaming you if any one of them gets injured. You, jinxer. We blamed Deep9er last year for everything bad because he belittled us fans (kidding), so now, we will blame you if they get injured.

When I say "we," I mean, me and someone (I forgot who) joined in with a "why not?" type of response, because Deep9er did say some pretty hurtful things in general about us fans. :kidding:

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Kaepernick
2. Justin Smith
3. Vernon Davis
4. Anquan Boldin
5. Joe Staley/Anthony Davis

I know putting 2 people at #5 is cheating, but if there is any sort of even semi serious injury to Joe or A Davis that forces Snyder into a starting role, I will be forced to do my best Icarus impression.

I don't want Adam Snyder ANYWHERE near the first team RT or (if Harbs slides Boone over to sub at T) RG spots AT ALL.

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1) Kaep
2) Vernon
3) Boldin
4) Iupati
5) Aldon Smith

any and all injuries hurt, but IMO its really Kaep by far, followed by Justin Smith. Justin Smith for D because of his effect on Aldon too.

speaking of which, would be nice to see Aldon still do damage without JS? someone will spell JS and this is when Aldon can show it.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. CK
2. Justin Smith
3. Aldon Smith
4. Boldin
5. VD

Joe Staley is important as well. If we lose him we would probably move Boone to OLT and then put someone else in at ORG, which could diminish a lot of the chemistry our O-line has established over the past 2 years.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1. CK
2. Justin Smith
3. Aldon Smith
4. Boldin
5. VD

Joe Staley is important as well. If we lose him we would probably move Boone to OLT and then put someone else in at ORG, which could diminish a lot of the chemistry our O-line has established over the past 2 years.

I'm thinking if Staley went down we may be ok with Boone at LT and slide in a new RG.... but Iupati is a beast he may be the biggest cog in the O-line.

If Vernon or Boldin went down our receiver corps would be super thin with a bunch of unproven guys... because Crabs is already down. So I really think VD and Boldin are in this top 5 list now.

There was an article out saying we should deep freeze Boldin like Hans Solo and thaw him out for game 1. :-)

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see......Crabtree....oh wait.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking if Staley went down we may be ok with Boone at LT and slide in a new RG.... but Iupati is a beast he may be the biggest cog in the O-line.

If Vernon or Boldin went down our receiver corps would be super thin with a bunch of unproven guys... because Crabs is already down. So I really think VD and Boldin are in this top 5 list now.

There was an article out saying we should deep freeze Boldin like Hans Solo and thaw him out for game 1. :-)

I really like Boone at ORG. Even though i will admit that i wasn't sure how he would do there.

It really depends on the progression of Kilgore and Looney.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came in expecting Justin Smith at #1 or #2.

I remember after the 49ers defense fell apart against the Seahawks and Patriots, 49ers fans on CBS all said it was because Justin Smith was not there.

I can imagine him being behind Kaepernick (Although I actually think you guys could do wonders with Colt McCoy) but I think that Justin Smith is by far the 2nd most important guy on your roster.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To sort of strengthen my point of the importance of Justin Smith, Aldon Smith did not have a sack in any of the games Justin Smith missed.

So you can make the case that if Justin Smith goes down you also lose Aldon Smith.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
To sort of strengthen my point of the importance of Justin Smith, Aldon Smith did not have a sack in any of the games Justin Smith missed.

Aldon Smith had a shoulder injury right around the same time JSmith got hurt. He played through it & had offseason surgery. The man holding the record for most sacks in NFL history over the first 2 years of a career doesn't need anyone else to be dominant; he needs to be healthy.

Oh, and Aldon got 9 sacks this season when he wasn't lined up next to JSmith.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

So you can make the case that if Justin Smith goes down you also lose Aldon Smith.

Aldon Smith was on the injury report every week after the Bears game with a shoulder injury. When the season was over, he had shoulder surgery. That may have played a role in his late season struggles as well.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In previous years we really depended on the Smith duo...

But I think going forward we'll depend on them a bit less and rotate guys like Haralson, Lemonier, Carradine, Dorsey and others. It will be more of a rotation. Plus Justin Smith is getting quite old, he will start to decline soon.

I see this team really leaning on Kaep to win the big games, not leaning on our D like the two year ago playoff run.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In previous years we really depended on the Smith duo...

But I think going forward we'll depend on them a bit less and rotate guys like Haralson, Lemonier, Carradine, Dorsey and others. It will be more of a rotation. Plus Justin Smith is getting quite old, he will start to decline soon.

I see this team really leaning on Kaep to win the big games, not leaning on our D like the two year ago playoff run.

Well said.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kaep
J Smith
Willis(don't forget this guy!)
OL
VD

Willis being out is manageable because we have Bowman, and vice versa.

Larry Grant filled in ok a couple years back when Willis missed several games.

If both Willis AND Bowman were out then we'd be SOL.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willis being out is manageable because we have Bowman, and vice versa.

Larry Grant filled in ok a couple years back when Willis missed several games.

If both Willis AND Bowman were out then we'd be SOL.

I agree with the gist of this, but pretty sure we don't have Larry Grant anymore.