• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Movies

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually kinda liked Black Adam. Of course, the DCEU is a joke, so I went in with low expectations. And I LOVED that they introduced JL characters like Dr Fate. Sucked that they brushed over Hawkman and Atom the way they did, but that is par for the course in DC movies.

Black Adam pissed me off more than any other superhero movie.... so i might have been too biased towards the actual movie itself... but yes, the DCEU was dying, and was even set for a reboot before Black adam came out... but black adam was still intended to save the universe... and i think it did the opposite... it BURIED the universe, and made it a bigger joke than it actually was....

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jumanji movies were sorta cute. The only other one I'm sure I've seen was Skyscraper which was really stupid... don't recall if I made it to the end of that one.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rundown was my favorite Rock movie. I also liked him in the Scorpion king as a kid

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black Adam pissed me off more than any other superhero movie.... so i might have been too biased towards the actual movie itself... but yes, the DCEU was dying, and was even set for a reboot before Black adam came out... but black adam was still intended to save the universe... and i think it did the opposite... it BURIED the universe, and made it a bigger joke than it actually was....
The movie Black Adam wasn’t the problem, the DCEU was dying and Rock thought he was given free rein to try and do what he thought would sell(bringing Henry Cavil back). But before the movie came out when you announce that James Gunn is taking over and the killing off the existing
DCEU and starting his own series it pretty much kills any chance of Black Adam succeeding so people had no reason to care. Same thing happened to the Blue Beetle movie.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The movie Black Adam wasn’t the problem, the DCEU was dying and Rock thought he was given free rein to try and do what he thought would sell(bringing Henry Cavil back). But before the movie came out when you announce that James Gunn is taking over and the killing off the existing
DCEU and starting his own series it pretty much kills any chance of Black Adam succeeding so people had no reason to care. Same thing happened to the Blue Beetle movie.

This.

All this

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

strongly disagree... The rock's ego got in the way, he really thought Black Adam would not just save the DCEU, but would be a centerpiece for it... and while doing that, he didnt care about the source material, as he skipped Captain Marvel(Shazam)... and even worse Shazam 2 was coming out months later, so the 2 SAME SOURCE MATERIAL movies came out Back to back... which just hurt Shazam 2 as it confused EVERYONE...

if Shazam 2, was the black adam movie, it would have worked so much better...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sure, the demise of the DCEU hurt Blue Beetle, but that is a whole other story... and i think BB was at least a decent movie... the new universe didnt have to Kill blue beetle... that was more on the fans than the universe, as BB was never going to be a major peice of the DC universe...

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
strongly disagree... The rock's ego got in the way, he really thought Black Adam would not just save the DCEU, but would be a centerpiece for it... and while doing that, he didnt care about the source material, as he skipped Captain Marvel(Shazam)... and even worse Shazam 2 was coming out months later, so the 2 SAME SOURCE MATERIAL movies came out Back to back... which just hurt Shazam 2 as it confused EVERYONE...

if Shazam 2, was the black adam movie, it would have worked so much better.

I understand the Rock has a massive ego and that obviously didn’t help but they brought him in and told him you can make whatever movie you want and he tried to do it based on what would keep the DCEU alive and not so much “is this true to the comics”.

It wasn’t until a few months prior to the movies release that the higher-ups at DC scrapped his entire idea and gave everything to James Gunn who didn’t have the same vision as the Rock because he didn’t want Cavil as Superman going forward.

I understand what the Rock did wasn’t comic accurate because he basically ignored Shazam but he was trying to do what would be more beneficial for the future and it just didn’t work out when they gave everything to Gunn before his movie even came out.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the Rock has a massive ego and that obviously didn’t help but they brought him in and told him you can make whatever movie you want and he tried to do it based on what would keep the DCEU alive and not so much “is this true to the comics”.

It wasn’t until a few months prior to the movies release that the higher-ups at DC scrapped his entire idea and gave everything to James Gunn who didn’t have the same vision as the Rock because he didn’t want Cavil as Superman going forward.

I understand what the Rock did wasn’t comic accurate because he basically ignored Shazam but he was trying to do what would be more beneficial for the future and it just didn’t work out when they gave everything to Gunn before his movie even came out.

so you want to give him a pass for his ego?? if he made the movie he wanted to, it would have even been less comic than the movie ended up being... how is that better??

it was probably a good thing Gunn interfered...

and you are making it sound like it was all the original DC universe management, you dont think it was more that the rock came to them and said, I AM BLACK ADAM!!!!

i am ok blaming management... but we got to blame the Rock too for the epic fail....

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you want to give him a pass for his ego?? if he made the movie he wanted to, it would have even been less comic than the movie ended up being... how is that better??

I mean when they literally tell you we have no idea what we’re doing so do whatever you want if you think it’ll work, yeah I think we should give him a pass because his goal wasn’t to make a Black Adam movie that fits with the comics, his goal was to make a Black Adam movie that kept the universe alive and got people interested in the future which is why he brought Cavil back.

For all we know if people didn’t know going into the movie that it was going to go nowhere because James Gunn was starting over it may have been more successful.

it was probably a good thing Gunn interfered...

and you are making it sound like it was all the original DC universe management, you dont think it was more that the rock came to them and said, I AM BLACK ADAM!!!!

i am ok blaming management... but we got to blame the Rock too for the epic fail....

And yes Rock had always wanted to play Black Adam but if the universe wasn’t in such disarray and had a direction then he could’ve played Black Adam but under more idea of what they were trying to accomplish.

The blame is 100% on management as they were so desperate to save a failing franchise they let the Rock do whatever he wanted whether it was the right thing to do or not, they gave him a blank check and he used it how he wanted, that’s not his fault.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does it have to be either/or?

The DCEU was a steaming pile of dog shit. Rock came in to do a minor character who no one outside of comic enthusiasts ever heard of, and was given the leeway to basically make the movie wanted. The uppity-ups saw it (or saw as it was being made) and realized they had another stinker on their hands (despite the fact that I, personally kinda liked the movie). Therefore they went forward with plans to start over and brought Gunn on board.

Seems pretty intermingled to me…

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean when they literally tell you we have no idea what we’re doing so do whatever you want if you think it’ll work, yeah I think we should give him a pass because his goal wasn’t to make a Black Adam movie that fits with the comics, his goal was to make a Black Adam movie that kept the universe alive and got people interested in the future which is why he brought Cavil back.

For all we know if people didn’t know going into the movie that it was going to go nowhere because James Gunn was starting over it may have been more successful.

And yes Rock had always wanted to play Black Adam but if the universe wasn’t in such disarray and had a direction then he could’ve played Black Adam but under more idea of what they were trying to accomplish.

The blame is 100% on management as they were so desperate to save a failing franchise they let the Rock do whatever he wanted whether it was the right thing to do or not, they gave him a blank check and he used it how he wanted, that’s not his fault.

but for someone who wanted so badly to do the role. wouldnt you expect them to care about the role?? this movie showed someone who had no clue who black Adam was or about....

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does it have to be either/or?

The DCEU was a steaming pile of dog shit. Rock came in to do a minor character who no one outside of comic enthusiasts ever heard of, and was given the leeway to basically make the movie wanted. The uppity-ups saw it (or saw as it was being made) and realized they had another stinker on their hands (despite the fact that I, personally kinda liked the movie). Therefore they went forward with plans to start over and brought Gunn on board.

Seems pretty intermingled to me…

right... no doubt the DC universe management made mistakes galore... and are to fault... but i just cant see someone making a passion project and showing no passion to the character...