• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 20 Players UNDER the age of 24

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great player Hawk. Guy was giant among boys, one of a kind. But was not a PG without a jump shot

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great player Hawk. Guy was giant among boys, one of a kind. But was not a PG without a jump shot

Sure.

Maybe you're right and everyone else is wrong and Simmons will never be a good player. I guess we'll see.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

Maybe you're right and everyone else is wrong and Simmons will never be a good player. I guess we'll see.

Hawk he will be a very good player, but they need to get him to work on his shooting. His shot is not NBA ready. And I am all over tatum because he got no marketing fan fare but instead as a teenager, two years younger and with no knowledge of the playbook came out and delivered like a rookie we have not seen in years

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawk he will be a very good player, but they need to get him to work on his shooting. His shot is not NBA ready. And I am all over tatum because he got no marketing fan fare but instead as a teenager, two years younger and with no knowledge of the playbook came out and delivered like a rookie we have not seen in years

Of course Simmons needs to improve his shooting. No question. But even without an outside shot he had a great year this year.

Tatum also had a great year. But Tatum was NEVER expected to be a leader and dominant force on his team. He's been very good in EXACTLY the sort of role you would want to give a rookie. He's some big plays for the team but even now he is still a supplementary player for the team.

Which is perfectly fine given Tatum is a rookie. And there are plenty of reasons to be very excited about him AND Brown.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Simmons needs to improve his shooting. No question. But even without an outside shot he had a great year this year.

He had a great year, but they have marketed him from the start as the next lebron. in his moments to be humble he was not, for a guy who literally cannot shoot

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tatum also had a great year. But Tatum was NEVER expected to be a leader and dominant force on his team. He's been very good in EXACTLY the sort of role you would want to give a rookie. He's some big plays for the team but even now he is still a supplementary player for the team.

Which is perfectly fine given Tatum is a rookie. And there are plenty of reasons to be very excited about him AND Brown.
Tatum or Mitchell?

tough tough choice.....id prob lean mitchell slightly....

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum or Mitchell?

Mitchell was leaned on HEAVILY by his team. And he played extremely well.

However, when it comes to upside, I would probably lean towards Tatum because I think there is a higher ceiling for him than Mitchell.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good call on Capela.....Saric is 24 as you said - but he is close enough where he should prob be on i t.

Rozier is 24 as well. But he could prob be on it.

Where would you put Capela, Saric and Rozier?

I think that the top 6 guys are pretty much a consensus at the top tier guys....dont ya think?
Gotta take Fultz off and put Capela in.

Saric over Jabari.

After these playoffs, I'm rocking with what @LogicMan said a few days back.

All 3 Celtics belong on that list...Scary might miss do to age though....

Last edited:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum or Mitchell?

I think Tatum will be a great defender soon.

Dude is Paul George-esque.

But, Donovan is Dwayne Wade 2.0...minus the timely blocks.

That's so hard to choose.

If I take out my Mitchell bias, I'd probably go Tatum because of age and intangibles.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s hard to believe he was so highly regarded. I guess that’s what happens when you value athleticism over the ability to actually play basketball.
I am so afraid the Clippers might try to deal for him.

He is one of the most disengaged players ever.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta take Fultz off and put Capela in.

Saric over Jabari.

After these playoffs, I'm rocking with what @LogicMan said a few days back.

All 3 Celtics belong on that list...Scary might miss do to age though....

I’d leave Fultz on BUT I think he should be at the bottom of the list. He showed virtually nothing this season. I think we’ll all be hyped about him heading into next season after he dazzles in summer league. But too many good young guys to have him listed so high.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so afraid the Clippers might try to deal for him.

He is one of the most disengaged players ever.

I doubt they’d do that. He’s got the worst contract in basketball. Nobody wants him.

Here’s a thought though. Would you trade Tobias Harris and #12 for Covington, Bayless, #10, and #26?

My cousin and I were kicking that around. I don’t think the 76ers would do it and I don’t think the Clippers would do it. But I guess you never know. Clippers get an improved pick position, #26, and a starting caliber SF on a friendly deal. Sixers get to dump the Bayless contract, improve the SF position, and still get a shot at Bridges or another decent role player at 12.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d leave Fultz on BUT I think he should be at the bottom of the list. He showed virtually nothing this season. I think we’ll all be hyped about him heading into next season after he dazzles in summer league. But too many good young guys to have him listed so high.

Honestly I don't think he deserves to be on the list at this point. He had a couple of nice moments in the regular season including a triple double in a mostly meaningless game but he basically gets a DNQ for the season.

Doesn't mean he won't be on the list next year. But he needs to get his confidence back before we can say he should be on the list.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’d take their contracts over Wiggins. Anderson is a net-positive player who creates some offensive mismatches. Sure, he’s overpaid but he’s got some value. Houston should be utilizing him against Golden State. Not sure why he’s getting no PT unless he’s still hurt.

Gallo has a crap year for the Clippers but he’s also a net-positive player. Offers a lot on offense. I like him a lot as a player.

Wiggins is worse than both of them. He’s complete garbage defensively and is a super inefficient offensive player that for some reason can’t rebound or handle the ball or really do anything. He is basically a poor man’s Antawn Jamison except Jamison could rebound.

Wiggins is the 14th highest paid player in the NBA. And he still doesn’t know how to defend or score efficiently. At least Gallo and Anderson are efficient scorers. Wiggins is a blackhole.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d take their contracts over Wiggins. Anderson is a net-positive player who creates some offensive mismatches. Sure, he’s overpaid but he’s got some value. Houston should be utilizing him against Golden State. Not sure why he’s getting no PT unless he’s still hurt.

Gallo has a crap year for the Clippers but he’s also a net-positive player. Offers a lot on offense. I like him a lot as a player.

Wiggins is worse than both of them. He’s complete garbage defensively and is a super inefficient offensive player that for some reason can’t rebound or handle the ball or really do anything. He is basically a poor man’s Antawn Jamison except Jamison could rebound.

Wiggins is the 14th highest paid player in the NBA. And he still doesn’t know how to defend or score efficiently. At least Gallo and Anderson are efficient scorers. Wiggins is a blackhole.

The reason Anderson isn't a good fit against the Warriors is because when the Warriors go small, the Warriors are able to switch out long defenders on Anderson who make good contests on the 3 ball. If he's not hitting that, he doesn't have much value. On the flip side, there's no way Anderson could defend in this series against the Warriors. They would attack him relentlessly.

He's a net positive player against probably 20 teams in the NBA. Against a select few teams who can put athletic wings out there at the 4 spot to guard him, he's not.

Edit: Also agree with you 100% about Wiggins. That's why I removed him completely from the list I posted.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason Anderson isn't a good fit against the Warriors is because when the Warriors go small, the Warriors are able to switch out long defenders on Anderson who make good contests on the 3 ball. If he's not hitting that, he doesn't have much value. On the flip side, there's no way Anderson could defend in this series against the Warriors. They would attack him relentlessly.

He's a net positive player against probably 20 teams in the NBA. Against a select few teams who can put athletic wings out there at the 4 spot to guard him, he's not.

Edit: Also agree with you 100% about Wiggins. That's why I removed him completely from the list I posted.

The problem I see is that Houston isn’t defending the perimeter well regardless so I’d rather have Anderson out there and just try to go punch for punch then letting up uncontested 3s while having no offensive pieces for harden to dish to when he inevitably goes iso, drives, and dishes with 3 seconds left on the clock.

Also, he was valuable in matchups during the regular season though I’m not sure if GSW was full strength for any of those.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you're putting Fultz on there, then Ball and Kuzma need to be there too. Fultz has accomplished far less to date (not that he can't eventually).

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're putting Fultz on there, then Ball and Kuzma need to be there too. Fultz has accomplished far less to date (not that he can't eventually).

Ball is on the original list. No clue about Kuzma though. He’s not a high upside guy imo.