• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 12 NON conference games

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly this reporter that wrote this isn't a serious college football follower, the Irish haven't been legit since the 90's.......

And for the record, Ducks need to get serious about Sparty, there gonna give them a serious game....

If your gonna thumbs the comment down then man up and say which part your thumbs down ??????

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your gonna thumbs the comment down then man up and say which part your thumbs down ??????

Not going to flood this thread with comments about ND(anymore than it already is). Feel free to start a thread about it though. :suds:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man. People saying OSU-Cincy before OSU-VT??

Sad day for VT football :L

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to flood this thread with comments about ND(anymore than it already is). Feel free to start a thread about it though. :suds:

No thanks, I will reserve all comments until the 3rd week in Nov.. Thank you very much!

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. The avi bets are already kicking in.

I do believe the Ducks are a lot more vulnerable this year. All the hype will be on Mariota, but they got serious concerns at WR and Defense.

The Ducks run D was awful in 2013. It was a big reason for the losses to Furd and Zona. Ducks fans watched in horror as Furd absolutely punched their D in the chops the entire game methodically moving down the field and scoring.

Not only are they breaking in a new D coordinator, but they lost a lot of defensive starters to graduation, including 3 senior D lineman. Their defensive front seven will be just as vulnerable in 2014 against teams that can pound the rock down their throats.

The Ducks WR corps has almost no game experience. John Huff and DAT left for the NFL draft. The guy who was supposed to replace him as the #1 target, Bralon Addison blew out his ACL in April is most likely gone for the entire 2014 season. Those three players accounted for over 2,000 yds and 20 TDs in 2013.
They'll now have to piece something of a passing game together with senior Keanon Lowe (233 yds in 2013 and 5'9" in height) and a bunch of freshman and sophs.

MSU also lost talent this offseason, but I think this game will be much closer than Duck fans are predicting. I think MSU stands a fair chance of beating them given they're the type of team that can heavily exploit the Duck's weaknesses.

But it is at the Ducks house and that's never an easy environment to play in.

Concerns at WR but i wouldnt call them serious. Mariota will get the ball to who he wants. If Oregon had an inexperienced line and QB then that would make WR more of a concern. as it is Lowe, Stanford, Carrington, and both C Allen and D Allen will do fine. especially with Oregon running the ball to open up the pass. Lowe may only have had 233 yards last season but look at 2012, Addison only 243 before having bigger year last year. 2011, Huff had 430. Lowe could just as easily produce 3x as much next season

Loss of D line men but replacing them with guys that were heavily in the rotation last season. LB returning solid and will help the "new" middle of the dline. DB replacing 3 starters but again 2 seniors that were used in the rotation.

MSU should be solid in the skill spots but returns only 2 O line starters. I dont know how much the new starters played. im not familiar with their rotation. and its not like they had a great Offense last season.
The D is where they took the bigger hit losing over half their starters at each postion group. I expect the D to still be good but not as good as last year.
I dont know if there is a line on this one but i would say Oregon by 10.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man. People saying OSU-Cincy before OSU-VT??

Sad day for VT football :L

:nod:

The saddest part is they might be right, Cincy might be the tougher game. I would love to think our o-line/WR/RB play will be better this year, but it might be wishful thinking. And we dont even know who the QB is yet lol.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously… LOL Helfrich won with CCK recruits, the whole nation saw CH lose control of the team, Hell, teams Like AZ curbed stomped them and Helfrich had no answer

So then didn't Kelly win with Bellotti recruits?

USC will be a doormat for years to come. Still LOLing over getting bitchslapped by GaTech in a bowl game.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concerns at WR but i wouldnt call them serious. Mariota will get the ball to who he wants. If Oregon had an inexperienced line and QB then that would make WR more of a concern. as it is Lowe, Stanford, Carrington, and both C Allen and D Allen will do fine. especially with Oregon running the ball to open up the pass. Lowe may only have had 233 yards last season but look at 2012, Addison only 243 before having bigger year last year. 2011, Huff had 430. Lowe could just as easily produce 3x as much next season

Loss of D line men but replacing them with guys that were heavily in the rotation last season. LB returning solid and will help the "new" middle of the dline. DB replacing 3 starters but again 2 seniors that were used in the rotation.

MSU should be solid in the skill spots but returns only 2 O line starters. I dont know how much the new starters played. im not familiar with their rotation. and its not like they had a great Offense last season.
The D is where they took the bigger hit losing over half their starters at each postion group. I expect the D to still be good but not as good as last year.
I dont know if there is a line on this one but i would say Oregon by 10.

Do think the line will favor the Ducks at home. It also benefits you that you get a gimmie warmup game to get the passing plan practiced the week before. If this game was the 1st game of the season for the Ducks, it would be more sketchy, but all things considered, I figure the Ducks will open up around 7 to 9 point favs. If you can force some turnovers, it will be a long day for Sparta. Ducks are good at turning turnovers into points. Just don't remotely sleep on MSU.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Lindy's

1 Michigan State @ Oregon Sept 6

2 Wisconsin vs LSU (Houston) Aug 30

3 Michigan @ Notre Dame Sept 6

4 Oklahoma State vs Florida State (Arlington) Aug 30

5 Auburn @ Kansas State Sept 18

6 UCLA vs Texas (Arlington) Sept 13

7 Florida @ Florida State Nov 29

8 Stanford @ Notre Dame Oct 4

9 Notre Dame @ Florid State Oct 18

10 Clemson @ Georgia Aug 30

11 Notre Dame @USC Nov 29

12 Boise State @ Ole Miss Aug 28

Well, I must say I give this list a 1 out of 10.

It looks more like a top Notre Dame games this season, and a few others too. Boise St vs Ole Miss makes this list?

:lol:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do think the line will favor the Ducks at home. It also benefits you that you get a gimmie warmup game to get the passing plan practiced the week before. If this game was the 1st game of the season for the Ducks, it would be more sketchy, but all things considered, I figure the Ducks will open up around 7 to 9 point favs. If you can force some turnovers, it will be a long day for Sparta. Ducks are good at turning turnovers into points. Just don't remotely sleep on MSU.
Home is usually a 3 point swing on the line. I think the line will be about 7 for Oregon. MSU has a gimmie home game opener as well with Jacksonville state. so its not like they are getting some big test before oregon. Although in the realm of FCS Jacksonville State is probably better than South Dakota.
I dont think saying Oregon will win by 10 is sleeping on them at all. I just dont think they have the offense to score with Oregon but should have enough D to keep Oregon below average.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Lindy's

1 Michigan State @ Oregon Sept 6

2 Wisconsin vs LSU (Houston) Aug 30

3 Michigan @ Notre Dame Sept 6

4 Oklahoma State vs Florida State (Arlington) Aug 30

5 Auburn @ Kansas State Sept 18

6 UCLA vs Texas (Arlington) Sept 13

7 Florida @ Florida State Nov 29

8 Stanford @ Notre Dame Oct 4

9 Notre Dame @ Florid State Oct 18

10 Clemson @ Georgia Aug 30

11 Notre Dame @USC Nov 29

12 Boise State @ Ole Miss Aug 28

I can't believe ND made this list 4 times. I thought we only played service academies every game. :noidea:

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Michigan State-Oregon
2. LSU-Wisconsin
3. Florida State-Oklahoma State
4. Oklahoma-Tennessee
5. Nebraska-Miami
6. Auburn-Kansas State

7. Michigan-Utah
8. Georgia-Clemson
9. Ohio State-Cincinatti
10. Ole Miss-Boise State
That'll be a fun extended weekend for me. Watching KSU vs Aubby on Thursday and then driving up to Lincoln for UNL vs Miamuh on Saturday.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe ND made this list 4 times. I thought we only played service academies every game. :noidea:

Nobody else can believe ND made the list either with games that will be losses or wont matter.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody else can believe ND made the list either with games that will be losses or wont matter.

That could be true. Beating top 20 teams isn't easy. It's been what 3 years since Ohio State has done it? :noidea:

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND is practically in the Big 10 for god sakes